Rose State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rose State College

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/unigowpnfs/unigo/wp-content/themes/twentynineteen-child/functions.php on line 3765

Kyra

Rose State College has been an excellent and affordable school, with a very kind faculty and staff that is made up of individuals who often go above and beyond in their work and, for many, in their community as well. The academics are usually challenging, but not ridiculously so (at least not in any of the courses I have taken). Only in one class did I get a bit bored, and that was partly due to the fact that there was low attendance and therefore little student interaction in that class. There are many groups and events that students at Rose State can be a part of; there are clubs and community outreach groups, speaking and debate events, and holiday celebrations, to name a few. Campus is rarely overcrowded—something I am grateful for. Overall, my experience at Rose State College has been a very positive one that has challenged me to grow both personally and academically.

Solana

Rose State College is not meant for people who want the "classic" college experience with parties, food carts, big dorms, etc. There's one small cafe that was recently added. The dorms are expensive and small. The campus is fairly small which makes getting around easy but is not what you think of when you think college.

Antionette

The best undergraduate college in the Midwest.

toni

I loved going to Rose State. I learned so much there and it truly provided me with not only a great education but also great values.

Tessa

Rose state college is amazing. The faculty is nearly always available, and there are numerous resources to help when one needs, from advisors to counselors. The coursework isn't strenuous and the professors are excellent in teaching in a way that is easily understood.

I like Rose State College. The professors are mostly very nice and helpful. I love the library and the tutoring centers. I love that I can get all of my studying done in the library and don't have to take it home with me. The staff is very kind and I feel that they want me to succeed. The only things I do not enjoy are the online classes. Some of them could be in class curriculums, but the school only offers them online. Another thing I do not enjoy is that the school always seems to be expanding. My first year, there was no library because it was under construction. Now there is no cafeteria because that is under construction.

It's an OK college to go to when you don't want to jump right in to a big college with a lot of students. Some teachers are helpful and some just don't care. The class times are good and the food is good. Every day there is something new to do. I wouldn't recommend staying on campus because sometimes you don't get much privacy even though you are supposed to.

Bethany

Rose offers a high-quality education at a great value, but you lose out on amenities because of the lower tuition. The only food available on campus is an overpriced coffee shop and vending machines. Class sizes are great, and most professors can make time to help you if you are struggling with a course. Parking can be hard to find. It can be difficult, especially for new students, to get involved on campus, as many clubs don't advertise themselves, and may have odd meeting times. Since this is a commuter college, it is great for someone going back to school, but if you are looking for the full 'college experience', you may want to head somewhere else.

Rose State college has been a great experience. With small class sizes and great teachers.

It was really difficult getting everything done especially living 3 hours away. I picked it because it was far enough away from home to have space but not too far when i want to go home. I am enrolled full time plus two extra classes because i need to take a test but when i get that done then i probably will be able to drop them?

Avery

It's a nice school. Students are very friendly, and the staff genuinely care about your education. The class size is PERFECT. The largest class I've had is 25. So it's easy to get to know your professors. I've talked several friends into transferring here next semester. Its a good school. I 100% recommend it!!

Olyvia

Rose State College is amazing. Between the administration and students, there is always someone there to help motivate and push you. They genuinely care about you and you are not just a number. I have met so many great people and I have made friends that will last a lifetime. It really is a great college.

Quiese

This is a great college it has the community college feel with the university education. You can tell the students are eager to learn. It is also apparent the teachers care for the most part. No one will hold your hand but they will kick you in the right direction. This has been a great school to attend. They keep interesting events on the calendar that helps keep you out of trouble if you do get free time. I love this college.

Chance

Rose State College is a perfect stepping stone for anyone seeking to further their education without immediately making the large jump into the massive class sizes of the traditional four year colleges. The teachers are friendly, helpful, and will go out of their way to help all their students.

It is a good college for people who like the smaller colleges and for a start on college life. The professors are so eager to teach you things and are pretty much available anytime you need them. They will tell you when is the best time and how you can get in touch with them. There is also a study center where people can help you with your homework. The position of the college is in Midwest City where there is countless stores where students can get what they need. There is also many thinks students can attend at the campus, I know that there is a movie night and other events students can attend. The first 2 days for the fall semester there was a circus day, there was camel rides and campus clubs gave away a few shirts.

Tyler

I love Rose State College; It's a small school with an intimate atmosphere. You are able to get one-on-one attention from your professors and they are always accessible. I often felt that I got a quality education at a modest price in contrast to the larger universities in and around the Oklahoma City area. I suggest for some to enroll in the "Ticket to Rose" program, especially if you attend schools surrounding the college (then, you will get most of your schooling paid for with the exception of books and supplies). All in all, I love this school and I would highly recommend to all.

Tresa

The staff and the professors are all great. They really care about us succeeding. I fell very safe at this facility. The access to the professors is amazing! there is plenty different avanues for getting help if you do not understand a class. I am very satisfied with my choice of choosing to attend Rose State College.

Monika

I am enjoying my time at Rose State. I've been very happy with all of my classes- except for the online classes. I feel that the faculty for online classes lack empathy and aren't very forgiving of any mistakes made in classes. I've taken two and this has greatly deterred me from taking more online classes through Rose. There are extracurriculars but they aren't accessible to those who commute to school. To truly be involved, I feel that you have to live closer to campus. Being one of two community college in the Oklahoma City area, I feel that there should be more opportunities for commuter students to get involved.

Johnta

It's legit. The small class permits for intimate one on one connection between the students and professors while the STEM Lab and LRC provides students with the necessary guidance needed to succeed. The school has sports teams. We have clubs, including the C4 Ministries, the P3 ministries, the Sociology Club, The minority club, the comedy club etc. My degree audit lets me know how many hours completed while informing the student how many hours to complete to graduate from the school and fulfill a bright future.

Adrianna

My overall opinion of Rose State is that it is not just a college, but a home. I have ever felt more involved in not only my academics, but in my community as well. I was fortunate enough to receive the President Leadership Scholarship, which has opened up so many doors for me. I have become more involved in Student Government, Working on campus, and joining clubs. One thing I think is incredibly unique is the fact that I am on a first name basis with the president of my college. That is something that is so rare and would not happen at a bigger institution. I love going to college at Rose State. My professors and advisors want to see me succeed, not just push me through the college experience. I love it here and would encourage others to look into it!

Ayana

I love it! I came from OCCC and when I transferred to Rose State in Fall 2018, I could just tell that the atmosphere was so much better! I can't wait to get into the Nursing Program here at Rose. I heard that it was an awesome program. I am so glad that I switched to Rose State from OCCC. I feel like I can finally breathe. I feel like the Professors here are so much more motivated, and that they actually love and care about their students and what they do for a living!

I am proud to be an alumni of Rose State College. I completed 95% of my degree online with excellent support from faculty. Rose's online accessibility and programs from their website, financial payments, book stores, and Desire to Learn program. I've thoroughly enjoyed being a Raider.

Brooke

I absolutely love Rose State College! The Faculty are all great and super helpful! I love the learning resources center they have here as well! There is even a STEM lab here where students can come for tutoring for STEM classes! the atmosphere is great and I love the small campus and class size!

Lynden

I am enrolled as a concurrent student. As a busy student still in highschool, I can say with confidence that arose State College is a great school. I’m challenged all the time, but if I need help there are services offered 24 hours seven days a week. I would definitely recommend Rose State College.

Amber

My overall opinion of rose state college is fantastic, it’s not the biggest, but we have such am amazing professors, and every student who attends isn’t afraid to help on another. The school and professors are helping us prepare for our career paths and our future. I couldn’t be more proud to be a raider!

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!