South Florida State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for South Florida State College

Katie

South Florida State College is a great transition for those who want a college education but who do not wish to pay a fortune or be far from home. The professors are super supportive and are very much available for any questions students may have. I think this college overall is a great solution for students who wish to have smaller class sizes and help from their professors.

carina

South Florida State College has great opportunities for all the students who want to get an education. There's a lot of degrees you can get when you go to South Florida State College for example, you can your AA degree or your AS degree and many more degrees.

While I am only a dual enrollment student at SFSC, I feel as though I have been able to expierence it’s full aspect. There is no housing and since I am dual enrollment I do not have a major. This campus allows students to connect with other students and teachers.

Alexa

I love going to SFSC, not only is it near my hometown but it takes me 15 minutes to get there and to get home. They have the convenience for the time of classes that are needed for me and not to mention counselors who know you so well and are able to help you know what classes are best for you. Also the ease of online classes when not able to take classes on campus.

Shauna

Personally, I loved South Florida State College. I took my collegiate classes at the Avon Park and Hardee campuses. All my professors were very knowledgeable about what they were teaching and allowed us to do things on our own. I enjoyed that the professors did not hold our hands and let us sink or swim. The experiences there have only helped me grow and be prepared university.

I love this school, it is an easy way to go to college without having to worry or stress about everything you do when attending a major university! I would recommend this college to anyone who does not feel that they are ready for the huge university leap. The staff and teachers are always very helpful and are always there for what you need! I wish they had more activities such as a competitive basketball, lacrosse team or even things like a dance team, since that’s one of my passions, I think it would help bring more activity to the campus life!

Sophia

SFSC was a great school to start off at, because it’s has small class size. For first timer, you won’t get too overwhelmed; yet you’ll still get the experience of being an university. Because of the small class, the teachers are better able to assist the students individually. The teachers also have set office hours and numbers that can be used to reach them. If that doesn’t work with you’re schedule, you can feel free to call them, and they’ll set up a time that works. Everything was easy to get onboard with, and it was overall a great experience.

Layali

It is a great college for students living in Highlands County. It has the same classes and activities like any other university, just smaller and cheaper. It is a great size for students that do not like huge campuses and I believe that it is a great start for students who are also willing to transfer! I prefer just to take the two years at South Florida and then transfer to finish off your degrees at a University.

Aaron

There is no on or off-campus housing but I live near the college so it works for me. The class sizes are fairly small no bigger than 30 students. On occasions the college sells food and throws may throw a holiday party from time-to-time. Overall campus life I would say feels calm and warming.

Anthony

South Florida State College is a great school for any student of any caliber pursuing any goal. Whether you are an arts, liberal arts, english, philosophy, mathematics, science, or engineering major, there will always be opportunities available to help you reach your goals.

Cristal

My overall opinion is really great. I love going to this college because the environment and staff are all friendly and encouraging. There is no need to worry because it is safe. The teachers are also nice and provide us with the best learning environment. I would definitely recommend this college to a friend.