Sedalia, MO
State Fair Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State Fair Community College

Bradley

The time I spent at State Fair Community College has overall been great. I was able to learn and grow with a nice student body. The teachers really do care about their students and want to see them strive. The two years I spent here helped me develop as a person and prepared me to transfer to a four-year institution.

Austin

In my opinion State Fair Community College is a great environment for someone wanting a nice and calm place to get their two year degrees. The class sizes are small, so teachers are able to give lots of one on one attention to their students if they need help. The surrounding area is relatively quiet with not much going on, allowing those students that are really taking their studies seriously to focus on them. The only downfall to it being such a small town is that whenever there are parties pretty much everyone knows about them, which can be tempting to some students. All in all State Fair is a good place for college students to start before transitioning to a larger, 4-year University. Thank you for reading.

Malayna

I would advise myself that it is important to be flexible and that it is okay to not know your major when you first enter college. The more you attend, the more you will learn about yourself and find out what you want to do with your life, and what career you want to take. I would also advise myself that though things seem bad, they will get better as long as you just keep fighting. Your life is what you make it to be, so fight for what you want and stay determined.

That going to this college was a lot easier than it seemed. The staff helped me out when I needed it, the professors were tremendously friendlier than I was expecting, as well as that it is possible to graduate when you have the heart and determination.

I like to brag about how close knitted the student community is, as well as how friendly and flexible the staff are.

PENNY

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self I would tell myself to enjoy school more. To take more college classes and actually go to class instead of hanging out in the gym playing basketball. I would tell myself to take more pictures with my classmates and develop better study habits while I can because in college it gets a lot harder. Also, to make the most of the college courses I got to take in high school.

NO SPORTS TEAM OTHER THAN BASKETBALL, SCHOOL SPIRIT WOULD HAVE BEEN A NICE THING TO HAVE AT A FOOTBALL GAME

Mallory

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior I would have to tell her to first, enjoy high school. Graduating and getting out of your hometown is not as exciting as it sounds. Secondly, I would also tell her that whenever your then boyfriend is talking about joining the military make sure he knows what he is getting into and looks at all the different jobs available. The military life style is not like the video games and movies you have to give up everything, move to a place you don’t know anyone or anything, and most of all watch your husband go through huge amounts of stress. Last but not least, I would tell her that you marry the love of your life and high school sweetheart in Texas and that you will both go through hard times some due to military and some due to other issues, but just know that you both will learn and grow and become stronger not only as individuals but also together as a couple.

The worst thing I do not like about my school is the drive.I do not like the drive because not only do I go to school,I also work full-time.My work in twenty minutes one way and my school is thirty minutes the other way and it becomes very hard and costly to make the trips back and forth.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the financial aid office.They do a great job,however every time you just need to call and ask a question you can never get through and are sent to a voicemail and they never called back.That being said I have to drive to the college for just one thing and it is very inconvient.

Kristin

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have a bit of advice. Since I know more now about college life and making the transition, I would advise myself to be frugal with fast food spending, get cheap microwavable foods, be prepared to drink lots of coffee, and never wait until the night before the test to read the chapter anymore. Also, apply for all the scholarships and grants you can get your hands on! Don't party on school nights. Plunge yourself deeply into your passion and get as much experience as possible. Don't let boys distract you! Don't forget your old high school friends and to still spend time with them. When you are tired, still go to class. Last but not least, never forget the reasons why you are going to college in the first place.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be an opportunist and money saver. They can have a job outside of school usually. Many people with two year technical degrees that can go into the work field afterwards would be very happy here. Art, Nursing, Dental Hygeine, and Education majors are very popular. Also, as long as you are friendly, you will have a good time here and will make many amazing friendships.

When I brag about my school, I tell my friends that it is not worth paying tons more money at a university when I can get my gen-eds paid for with A + here at my community college for two years. Plus, I still get theatre experience with not as many competitors, allowing me more time on stage and also backstage.

Kyliene

knowing what i know now, i wish i could go back in time and talk to myself my senior year. I would tell myself that i need to spend more time looking for scholarships. College costs a lot of money, even community colleges. I would tell myself that even though i had savings i should still apply for scholarships because college has a lot of unexpected expectations that you can not alwas plan for. Every little bit of money is helpful in college which is why i wish i had applied for more scholarships.

I wish that i had known how much scholarships could have helped me out. I did not try for scholarships hard enough my senior year of high school because i thought i could do without. Now i am a college freshman and i see the value of scholarships . I am now trying hard for scholarships to help me with next year and wishing i had done the same thing last night.

The worst thing about State Fair Community college is that there are a lot of people there that are not serious about their education. These people are distracting to those of us who wish to learn. They waste valuable resources for the school and they also waste the time of the teachers. I believe that everyone deserves and opportunity for higher education but wish more people would take it seriously.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself when I was a senior in high school I would tell my self to take as many hours as possible every semester. Another thing I would tell myself is to worry more about school not my job.

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known the distance from my new home. I moved to Clinton and it's about an hour away from Sedalia. I asked the people in the admissions office how far it was and they said thrity minutes. That is quite a bit difference.

The kind of person that should attend this school is a person who is dedicated and wanting to go to a four year college afterwards.

Kelsey

If i cold go back in time and talk to myself as a senior there would be many thing i would tell myself about college life and making the transition. First, I would tell myself to make sure to get all the scholarships I could and to pay attion to the deadlines for scholarships. Next, I would tell myself that parts of college are going ot be stressful but not to worry and that everything will turn out the way it should. Lastly, I would tell myself to alow more time for homework . In regards to making the transition there are a few things i would go back and tell myself. One being that trying to find a job is going to be very hard adn not to stress tomuch over finding one because avenchaly you'll find one. Next, I would say not to worry about making friends beacuse you will and it won't be as hard as you think. Lastly, I would tell myself to go over your aunt's and cousin's house more often. College can be hard, I wish I would have known what I know now to help me transition to college.

The Best thing about my school is the teachers and how much help is offered here on the campus. The techers are wonderful and very helpful. If you are struggleing in their class they will help you in any way they can. It is wonderful being able to go get free tudoring on the campus. i have found the tudoring to be extermly helpful. I need special acomidations in the class room because of a learning disableity and the college is wonderful about helping me get the help i need.

In my opition there is nothing frustrating about my school. This is a wonderful place to attend and i feel very lucky to be able to go to school here.

Tammy

If I would go back and talk to myself in highschool I almost garentee you would find me in the science lab. I would be hanging out with all my friends, not caring about what the future had to hold for me. I would have to slap myself. I would then sit myself down and have a long discussion about what my priorities were in life. I can not waste my life. I have to get up and start filling out scholorship forms and looking into colleges. Hanging out with friends does not pay the bills later on in life! You have to have a good education and that requires you to work very hard for it. I'll tell myself it wont be easy, and I am not going to like it sometimes, but in the end its going to all pay off. Then I would esscort myself down to the couselors office and help myself pick out some goals for colleges. I understand now what I didnt understand then. You have to work hard for what you want, if you dont, you wont appreciate it as much.

I wish I had known exactly what to study for and exactly how hard I would need to study in the future.

I think the worst thing about my school is the cost of going there. I am just a poor country girl and the cost of attending my school is going to break my parents and myself.

State Fair Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.