Delhi, NY
SUNY College of Technology at Delhi

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College of Technology at Delhi

delilah

I would tell myself to apply to many schools as i want, no matter how much it cost. I would also tell myself that i need to focus on studying more then partying. I would tell myself that to choose a school where that I know I'm use to being around and not to make a decision right away. I would also tell myself to pick a school where there a lot of choices of intrest to pick from and a lot of activities.

The worst thing about Suny Delhi is that there no really palce to shop, and sometimes you get tired of the food. Another bad thing about the school is the location, since it further up it really cold. There few parties at the school and not that many choices to make between majors/minors. The dorm rooms are very small. The books cost a lot of money.

Suny Delhi is the type of slogan "It is what you make it "

Heather

If I could go back in time to give myself advice about college, I would tell myself to take more time and make sure to pick the right college the first time. I picked a college I didn't like first and then transferred to SUNY Delhi so I have been on more than one campus. SUNY Delhi is very understanding about the transition to college and they are more than willing to help. I would also suggest to be comfortable with where you are attending, including the campus and where you will be living, on or off-campus.

The worst thing about SUNY Delhi is that there's not much to do off-campus. Delhi is a very small town and the nearest mall and movie theatre is about 30 mins away. So if you are the type of person that needs to get away once in a while, you'll have to take a car ride. There are also buses that transport students to and from the town with more to do. But the scenery is beautiful and Delhi is a great place to start your college career.

SUNY Delhi has a small campus in a small town with a very diverse population and the professors and advisors care about how you're doing and they're willing to help.

Nathalie

?Ma I?ve worked soo hard for four whole years of my life!? I whined, ? I don?t wanna go to college yet, I wanna take a year off and travel the world!? When I think back at the mentality I had just six years ago, I often chuckle and think ?My, how times have changed!? Speaking to myself as a high school senior, I?d say what my mother told me: ?Go study or get out of my house!? I?d tell myself that there are no such things as ?progress reports? and ?guidance counselors" to keep me in line when I veer away from my studies. I?d say that it?s probably not a good idea to schedule classes 6 hours apart, because as much as I?d try to convince myself that I can go home and later come back in time for class; I?d probably just go home. I?d tell myself that, yes, it is possible for a class to have 100 students, and not to be insulted when the professor doesn?t know my name. Lastly, I?d tell myself not to fear failure so much that it hinders me from success.

Cynthia

As a school of technology, that would be what Delhi is best known for! - but they are especially well known for having the first Veterinary Technology program in the United States. It is in a beautiful rural city, with specialized buildings for different technology majors, a public golf course maintained by students, and farm animals to top it all off.

I definitely would have told myself of the importance of starting EARLY. Scholarships can be hard to find, and coming up with a major is quite a bit more difficult. Careful consideration should be made starting Sophomore or Junior year in high school as to what colleges you would like to go to, how you are going to afford it, and what you are going to do while there. Also, I would make it a big point explain to myself how critical it is to make a good reIationship with a counselor. It is much preferable to going it alone! I would probably take this to heart from me since I know how my parents would not be able to help me through this process. Most importantly, though, I would try to drill in the importance of the entire *process*. I did not take it seriously, in high school, and ended up wasting a lot of time in college because of it. I am doing fine now, but disaster could have been averted if I could have told myself what I know now.

The school is sort of isolated; with a small downtown strip, there is not much to do during free time without some pretty serious driving.

Rebecah

My school described in one sentence is diversity, there are people form all over the world and the staff works hard to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome.

I would desricbe my classmates as helpful, and supportive.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to be prepared to study harder than I did in highschool, and read a lot of material. I would also tell myself to be open to trying many new things and to volunteer to give back to the community surrounding my school. I would tell mysefl that I am going to love college and the people that I meet there, and concentrate on my school work while also making time for social events.

Laurie

I would tell myself to research my career goals. Make sure you know what you are getting into. I didn't realize when I was in highschool that a being a Veterinary science major took up so much of my time. There is a lot of studying involved. I don't mind it. In fact I like it. I just wasn't prepared for all the work.

I'm honestly not sure. I guess i wish i knew a little bit more about adjusting to living in a dorm.

SUNY Delhi is one of the oldest and best schools in New York for Veterinary Science majors

Jaclyn

I believe that this school is unique because a student can come to this school with no pressure to be in a certain major. They can get their liberal art courses out of the way and in two years they can transfer into a major that they are sure they want to be in. It is a very good school to start out in if one is not sure what they want to do in life.

If i could be a high school senior, the first thing that i would do in the beginning of the year is sit down and think about what i want to do, and could see myself doing for the rest of my life. After i figured that out, i would look at colleges that best suit the major i chose. My goal would be to get accepted to a college where i could be there for four years and not have to transfer in an undergraduate major. In order to get ready for college, i would not procrastinate, and i would learn how to manage my time. I would also study very hard for my SATs so i could get a higher score to get accepted to more colleges. I would have looked up recognized sororites or clubs of my interest in order to make more friends and be more involved on campus. I would look up more information on scholarships and what my college offers. The most important information is to realize how important education is, and to excel in everything i do, so i can become the best at my desired profession.

My classmates are all different, with unique personalities, whether they are funny, shy, or serious, and are open-minded to others.

If I could talk to myself as a highschool senior I would tell my self to make sure that I keep track of everything I need to have done before I go to school. I would have made sure that I filled out my financial aid information sooner in order to prevent the hastle that I had to go through. I would also make sure that I went through all the orientaion process before coming to school. I would make sure to keep track of all the mail I recieved from the school and make sure to schedule all appointments and tests that I had to take sooner rather than later. I also would remind my self to pack every thing that I needed so my dad wouldn't have to mail it to me after I got here.

I wish I had known more about the clubs that they have for each major. I also wish I had known how expensive meal plans were and what the differences between them were.

The school is best known for its culinary and hospitality programs as well as its vet science program

Kevin

The worst thing I would say about being in delhi is there really nothing to do out here... Their is no tranportation around it like a little village... In then middle of no where... Its get really cold up here with alot of snow...

The type of person that should attend this school is a strong minded person that don't mind being in the middle of no where.... and thats don't mind alot of cold weather

If I could go back into time to my high school senior year and talk to myself I would tell myself to be a little more friendly and outgoing , a little more opened minded, and work a little harder. The reason I say be a little more friendly and outgoing is because if I was more outgoing some of the things I went threw I would not have went threw because I would have ask for help and not been so shy. I say opened minded because in college you would meet alot of people that are very different from you and all type of ways and if u don't be opened minded u would be by yourself. The last and final thing or reason I'll say is work a little harder because if i did a little better I could have got more scholarships for my academics. College is not a walk in a park it take alot of work and would make u grow up and be responsible. It's not like high school it very different in a good way. It would make u feel like a young adult thats you are.

My classmates come from all walks of life. It is amazing how much we have in common. My classmates are very personable and are eager to help those that are struggling.

If I could go back to when I was a student in high school, I would tell myself to relax. Going off to college out of high school I had no idea what I wanted to major in or where my life was heading. I would have told myself how easy it was to make new friends through SUNY Delhi's orientation program and how easy it is to talk to advisors and professors. College is not supposed to be scary and if it was, no one would go. I would tell myself how many great friends I have made and how they are there for me no matter what. The only other advice I would give myself is to be more organized and persistant with work. As a nursing major, I find it easy to be up all night trying to get all my paperwork done and in on time. I would have myself practice time management so college work would go more smoothly. Overall, I would tell myself to not worry, be optimistic, and be prepared for the best days of your life.

SUNY Delhi is a very diverse college and students from all ages and races attend the school. I do not believe there is any kind of person that shouldn't come to Suny Delhi. We have multiple groups and clubs that cater to people's tastes and beliefs.

SUNY College of Technology at Delhi administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.