Troy, NY
The Sage Colleges

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The Sage Colleges

Shamar

The college environment here fosters higher learning and deep thought. At the end of each semester you receive a report of how your professors see you as a student which really help you focus on problem areas and know where to grow.

sarah

Great education. You get what you put into any education experience. There are two campuses. Sage College of Albany in Albany is co-ed. Russell Sage College in Troy, is primarily a womens college. Very different vibes on either campus. Both are excellent. There are cross over classes on both campuses. Transportation via a shuttle is easy. The professors are excellent. Both campus's are small and easy to navigate, which is very helpful when you have classes in the cold weather. It is better than area colleges 3 x the cost.

The Sage Colleges are a professional group of schools that seem to really help you get the education you want. I am enrolled as an online graduate student, and did my undergrad somewhere else, so my experience is solely with the graduate staff. They are accommodating and helpful. The staff in the offices always give me a lot of their time. As for the program itself, there are some courses that are mandated from a certification board, since the degree enables the graduates to apply for a certification. The professors are much more stringent about grading for those courses and give more work. The other professors are more lenient and have more relaxed classes. In general, I am very happy in Sage and have already recommended it to two friends. I would recommend it to you too!

Celine

The Sage Colleges is absolutely amazing. The staff really cares about their students, public safety makes sure the students feel safe, and the whole campus feels like a great community anyone could easily fall in love with. The class size is pretty small and that gives the professors a chance to have good connections with their students.

The professor at the Sage Colleges great, they seem to really care about the students education. However, Freshmen dorms were not the best when I attended but sophomore+ dorms are great. The food is horrible first year by the second year you should be able to cook your own food.

I am a Russell Sage student. So far I hate it. Its filled with extremely opinionated students (which is fine besides them SHOVING their opinions down your throat if you dont agree). Its an all girls school and girls are definitely bitches, and thats coming from someone who has only had one personal dramatic situation in her life. The professors are great, theres a few duds but they will be anywhere you go. It's really the student body that will destroy any joy you have. Its always the same feminist $h1t every year. Dont get me wrong, I'm a feminist but I dont have men and think that the entire world is against anyone with a gender identity thats different than the norm. Russell Sage had a topless protest in the park to fight for a person who identifies as neither gender and decided their breasts must not be female since they arent and was shirtless in the part. There were multiple complaints to the police who had to come and force them to put a shirt back on. And this school decided if they broadcast that they will be showing their breasts for a few hours in the heart of downtown Troy that that would change anything. They just gave the gross Troylets a show. Onto the location. If you are from a small town like I was it will be a nice wake-up call. Toothless men will catcall you and possibly follow you for a few steps on the sidewalk but in 2 years I have only felt actually in danger about twice, every other time is just them shouting at you from a distance. Being in downtown Troy has it perks with all the restaurants being within a 5 minute walk. But unfortunately that doesnt mean that there is a lot to entertain you in Troy. The only entertainment around is RPI which sucks if you dont party and honestly still sucks if you do (they're very...interesting people). The food is pretty gross but what college has good food. On the plus side, with the campus being a total of 2 feet you can pretty much leave your room 3 minutes before class and make it on time (which is great if youre a sleeper like me). Pretty much in my experience, everything was pretty fun the first year, as it was all new, and the crazies don't phase you too much because you're sort of happy. Then the 2nd year comes and if you dont create an entire excel chart of all the schools you plan to tranfer to then power to ya. I don't recommend Sage unless you're as broke as I am and they are giving you a lovely financial package.

April

As amazing as it would be to be able to change my life going all the way back to senior year of high school, I wouldn't want to change anything. I cannot imagine where my own advice could have gotten me. However, I am going to school to become a high school guidance counselor and will one day be able to help people much like the high school senior version of myself. The most important and yet least life altering thing I would tell myself and will tell future students is that young people are allowed and need to make mistakes. It is best to make mistakes while they are still young. I would also say that mistakes are very necessary for personal growth. I am currently in a great place in my life and would not risk telling myself anything else that could drastically change the course of my life.

Daniele

Deeply involved in history and traditions making it more like a second family than a school.

I would tell myself what I tell many high school students now, what you do, or do not do, while in high school is more important than you can comprehend right now. I was focused on having fun I never fully understood the S.A.T. or studied for it. I would tell myself to look for scholarships, and not to ignore the topic simply because I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. These past choices have made it so that I do not really know what it is like to have the full college "transition" because I could not afford it. I do not know what living on campus is like or how it is to make that "transition." I could only hope that my high school self would listen to my college self so that maybe I could have these experiences. Truely, there is no going back, so I have dedicated myself to my education and to moving forward. One day I might work in a school and be able to tell the equivilant of my own high school self this very same advice, allowing them to succeed to their full academic potential.

I wish I knew about all the academic monetary oppotunities, as a transfer student, I missed out on them.

Smart, strong, individuals.

Smart, strong, individuals.

I would tell myself to ask questions and ask for help when needed. To not stand idlely and watch life and new opportunies pass me by. I would let myself know that I was and am now smart and intelligence and capable. Most of all of this can be summarized as: I needed to be more proactive in my own future. The fear of the transition from highschool to college had me paralyzed for a long time. I felt ill prepared and confused and lost. Looking back I realise I didn't need to be more prepared by others, I just needed to have more confidence in myself. At my core I always had what was needed to transition smoothly from high school to college and had I only recognized that it was there, overshadowed with self-doubt and anxiety, I would have blossomed and realised my true potential so much sooner than I ultimately did.

Someone that is dedicated and willing to put forth a lot of effort. They must be driven and competitive. An individual who is outgoing and seeks out extracurricular activities and hobbies will be viewed favorably. This person must be good at multitasking or time management.

Colleen

Small, close-knit community, like a second family.

Small, close-knit community, like a second family.

Save your money and financial aid, go to community college first, explore your options and then transfer to a 4 year school.

There was quite a bit of crime in the immediate area surrounding the campus.

The Sage Colleges administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.