Trenton, NJ
Thomas Edison State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Thomas Edison State University

Fixed  rate loan

Rachael

Its a lottery. Some professors were great and cared about you and your success. Others were there for a paycheck. academically it wasn't super challenging, a lot of unnecessary busy-work. I wouldn't recommend it. there are comparable schools that are better.

Priscila

My overall opinion is that Thomas Edison is a great school to attend for undergrad. As far as graduate school goes, I'd look for a different place. However, TESU offers great great! time flexibility to people who want to work and get an education or who have other life obstacles.

andrea

It’s a good school but the dorms have too many rules and restrictions. I would suggest living off campus in an apartment or rental home. The classes and teachers are not bad. I suggest going on rate my professor to look up classes and teachers to get the best. Overall I’ve had a good experience here.

Akeyla

I am a student attending college for the first time, I was currently deployed to Afghanistan, so I take online classes. I like Thomas Edison because I can pursue a degree that is actually beneficial to my job in the military, a Biomedical Equipment Technician. The online program for TESC is good for me because it allows me time to get my work turned in on time without any room for error. The instructors are good with critiques and respond quickly via email to any questions I have for assignments. This is a great school for military personnel and even civilians.

yari

The college is average for non-traditional students as all classes are online. However, the staff does not provide a fair services and when you go to meet with them in campus, they make students wait hours. Not to mention, that they are located in a not very safe area in Trenton. Additionally, the university is really high in price, with an average of $3500 for two courses, some students may not afford to pay for additional courses within an academy year which is what is happening to me. Unfortunately, they do not offer payment plant so students are stuck using loans.

Robert

I don't participate in student activities or groups.

I don't participate in student activities or groups.

I interact with the students online, most of them are working adults like myself.

The academics are challenging, but I get help from the Professors when I need it.

Linda

18 year old self I want to tell you to go directly to college. That there is assistance you can qualify for if you take the time to look. Get to know people in your chosen profession and actively seek out mentors. They will help you along the way and never let anyone tell you that you cannot do something you have set our mind to.

Anyone who desires to further thier edication in a non-traditional and non classroom setting. Online learning is not for everyone, but allows discussion and learning with a diverse population over a great geographical area.

I really have no complaints or frustrations as I have just started attending. It is a bit strange to get used to the lack of in person interaction, but facinating at the same time.

Nathan

Set a clear path for either a full 4 year university or join the military full time, not just the Guard. Stay focused on the task at hand and not change your path several different time. Look at more of what your interest are instead of the pay day at the end of the program. Choose a path that you will enjoy rather than only looking at the career opportunitys.

Time from application to start, poo communication

Michelle

It is best known for having lots of military students, and for online classes.

It is best known for having lots of military students, and for online classes.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would say to study hard and apply to a lot of colleges because the more options the better. I would also say to practice good time management skills so there is a lot of time for college work, studying for and taking exams, and time for family and friends.

Someone who is not driven or self-disciplined would never pass courses in this college, since all classes are online.

Gabriel

Thomas Edison State College is a well recognized, online institution where motivated adults come to get their degree in a timely fashion.

Throughout my high school years, i was very motivated and driven. Very few times did i miss homework and assignments and the times i did, i would make it up and recieve some credit. However, i was not as confident with my social skills as i was with my academics. From freshman year to senior year, i was very shy with many people in my graduating class. The only people i had good relationships with were my teammates from baseball and other outside sporting activities. I would tell my high school self to not stress over the friends you dont have and enjoy the time with friends you do have. Those years would have been much more enjoyable if i was aware of that.

In order to succeed in a college such as Thomas Edison, you must be very self motivated and driven. One who does not apply themselves to online clases will do poorly on assignments. I know this because i was lazy with my first online class at Mercer Community College. I learned my lesson and understand what it takes to strive in these courses.

Thomas Edison State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.