Washington, DC
University of the District of Columbia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of the District of Columbia

Shavar

When I tell my friends about my school I make it a point to tell them about how small it is. While I don't know the exact number for certain, it appears that the level of attendance may be below 10,000 students; including commuters. This sort of close knit small community means that everyone knows each other, and you tend to have classes with the same group of people in your major as well as the same group of teachers. They keep me motivated and kick my butt whenever I slack off.

Antoinette

Great friednly staff and students. There is every oppourtinity for anyone to succed.

The students are from all different cultures and walks of life . Very friendly and knowledgeable about help for classes.

There academics are awesome. Tutors are always avaiable.

Rebekah

My school is best known for encouraging students to fulfill their goals and destiny. My school is best known for giving students confidence when they leave the campus that they can be a productive citizen and follow their passions. My school is best known for taking the least and making them become greater.

Every person is treated as an individual. The teachers are great and really are interested in you learning. For the cost of education this college offers all the bells and whistles that the other colleges offer. Students become a part of a community and are able to connect with other students to form a bond.

Looking back at my high school years I would have taken more college level courses during high school. I would have applied myself and strive for my highest potential. I would not have gotten deterred by my peers. I would have listen to my inner voice and built and raise up my confidence to prepare myself for college years ahead of me. I would have sought any additional help that was needed for those questions that I did not understand. I would have strive to be the best me that I could have been always. Looking back at my high schools years I would have even taken some courses on college campuses. I would have begun my college search early. I would have talk to students that were already at college and learn some of their strategies of how they prepared theirselves. I would have spent more time in the guidance counselors office seeking and obtaining knowledge of what was ahead of me. I would have studied more and ignore the naysayers.

Shaqueya

My school had a lot of different activities that you can become involved with. For example: SGA, Sports, Clubs, etc. Some of the groups that they have available I've never heard before until i came to UDC and i think its great that they allow for students to have those decisions in what they want to do and what they want to contribute to the University.

I would have advised myself to start filling out scholarships, at least 3 a day so that it wouldnt be too overwhelming with the school work. I would have decided that for my first year of college to just attend UDC instead of starting at Penn State for one year and then transfering and having to become a freshman all over again because of credential reasons. I would have advised myself to start saving money no matter the amount just a little something every week for emeergencies or fro when i really need. I would have advised myself to look fro internships and other opportunities of work that would look great on a resume for a future career job. Lastly I would advise myself to be prepared for college because it is the real deal and keep all documents just incase something were to happen and you need any evidence or referrals to prove your case.

My school is very unorganized. I repeatedly had to check out the status of my finacial aid award because something didn't go through or the award amount changed. Its frustrating when you have to do almost everything by yourself and keep up with everything on your own but i guess that's the whole point of becoming an adult.

Gabrelle

This school remains culturally diverse and academically challenging.

This school remains culturally diverse and academically challenging.

This school was best known for the David A. Clarke Law School and its high graduation rate.

As a young woman now in graduate school, if given the chance to go back in time, I would definately have to encouage my high school self of a few important things. Those include being more open minded, learn to be more organized, college is where you learn who you truly are and be ready to put in hard work that comes along with it. When in highschool the average person finds it hard to comprehend a world that exists outside of highschool. Particularly in my high school there wasnt much cultural diversity; in coming to undergrad in the nations capital, my whole world changed in just a semester. I met wonderful people who i became life long friends with and would have never met, had I not attended The University of the District of Columbia. It is also here that I truly learned about me as a person. It was also here that my passion for criminal justice was nutured by fun loving and challenging professors.

Darchelle

Reflecting back and being able to advise myself on life by past experiences today, I would begin with explaining the importance of self-identity, communication, focusing, and determination for self-satisfaction. Self-identity is essential to have under your belt because only you as an individual know what you want out of life, what makes you comfortable and uncomfortable, and how to approach certain situations. Communication and networking is key to getting ahead respectively and also productively. Meeting new people, the ability to articulate and strong reading and writing skills shall bring about different faces and opportunities for growth. Growth is essential to excel in a fast paced living environment. With growth, communication and self-identity brings a focused and determined mindset. These key components can bring a successful career, environmental setting, and also likeminded people who are capable of bringing you up and wanting to push beyond what you looked at as a higher achiever and want more beyond surface level. The world is yours and you can conquer it with humbleness and an attitude of pride in the back pocket. Go out there; obtain what is yours in addition to what you WANT AND NEED.

A person who isn't driven enough to want to be able to make a difference beginning with themselves after graduation, a person who lacks interest in communication, and an individual who isn't cool with mingling with diffrent ethnicities and cultures.

I brag about the school related activities, the level of education received from teachers and the convience of staying in my hometown to complete my B.S.

Tiffany

When i was in high school I did not have to study much. Things came to me fairly easy, but since I have been in college I have found that I do have to study more & all those things that I thought I would never use have come into play now.

DeAndre

In high school, I began to adapt to relying upon my teachers, in such case that I had not needed to remember to complete assignments since I received reminders, unlike college. My studying habits may have contradicted the meaning of study since I never really did. Prior to taking an exam, I glanced over material, not necessarily looking for an understanding but more of, “hoping this is an answer to a test question”. College has drastically changed me related to becoming independent, well-organized, understanding and applying knowledge I’ve obtained to my current lifestyle. If I could speak to my high school being, I would encourage myself to not ignore or bypass a piece of work I was taught regardless what it was. Occasionally, I had not made great attempt to remember material since I didn’t think it was necessary to pursue the major I was considering. Going to college has proven that indefinite responsibility is required as well as a maturity level I may have lacked. The best advice I could give to myself as a senior in high school is to understand that as you get older precise decision-making becomes a significant factor in life.

University of the District of Columbia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.