University of the District of Columbia Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of the District of Columbia

I love it, it's a beautiful campus. There aren't too many people, the classes are fairly small. The school clubs and activities are somewhat good, I also like the fact that there is a Metro to take you to the campus and other place. All in all, the college is great and I'd recommend it to other upcoming college freshmen.

Ebony

The University of the District of Columbia is an amazing school. Its filled with tons of resources and history to use and learn from. Everyone is very kind and helpful. We lift wach other to come together for the collective good and achieve a common goal. The school is easy to navigate through. The school had amazing resources available for students or profess To use

Christopher

The University of the District of Columbia is a university that has a number of opportunities for students who apply themselves. Good facilities for cultivating the students need for higher education. Professors who truly invest their time into their students, and are always presenting new opportunities to excel to hardworking students.

Ava

Great small classes and great professors for the most part. I have learned a lot, however there isn't much student life on campus. I wish there were more clubs and things to do, but because I attend the community college, many of the students are adults with full time jobs, so I understand.

Anton

UDC is a really amazing school. Everything from the campus lunch to the university housing is great. The professors there are always willing to help. When ever I need tutoring the professors will always find a time and a place to tutor me. The class sizes normally range between 23-30 students , which is ideal for any student that needs a bit more support or attention. Th Greek life on campus is very lively, how ever they may not be very apparent at times. Also, the student body is very diverse and interactive with each other and the community around the campus. Overall, I believe this school will prove to be beneficial to any student who wants a great education and a better amount of food,fun and family.

Kiana

By this being the only school I have attended, I have no complaints. When I first started UDC, it was easy to get around campus, and my professors were very understanding. I never had any issues there and the work was easy to learn. I wouldn't want to go to any other school, because i have been treated so good.

Don'nasia

The University of the District of Columbia a HBCU located right in the capital of the United States. Because D.C. is a college town there are plenty of resources and tons of internships. The professors at UDC are extremely helpful and any which way possible. UDC only has off-campus housing in apartments. UDC isn't a big college but it is bigger than an average small college which allows fewer distractions for us college students. There is also greek life on campus. There aren't any classes on fridays. Who doesn't love a 3 day weekend every weekend? The only downfall about UDC in my opinion is that we don't have a football team. Tuition at UDC is very affordable. Our President Ronald Mason Jr. Is very involved on our campus and is always looking for a way to im improve it.

Dimitri

My overall opinion for my school, is we should try in engage in outside conversations, not only in the class rooms, but it can also be done out of the classrooms. This makes people to feel to know and understand each other. Also teachers should be able to help students, even if the student is not one of theirs's or what he is bringing up is not part of his curriculum, this creates a good relationship between the teachers and the students.

leslie

its great

CHRISTOPHER

University of the District of Columbia is a great place to be, a citadel of learning. The learning environment, performance of the academic and non-academic staff, and the college activities all contribute to the greatness of the learning environment. The commitment of the College SEVIS coordinator helps new international students a great deal in getting acclimatized in the college and the United States fast.

Jacob

The University of the District of Columbia is an overall good campus. There are many opportunities to take advantage of, the culture is the culture you'd have with a long time friend, and the campus is inclusive. The campus is a great place to begin the journey for education.

Claire

The school is located in the best city of all: DC. It is in a great location. There is a Metro that is close to campus, making transportation easy and accessible to everyone. On campus housing is also great and convenient for students without cars or personal modes of transportation.

Oluchi

The University of the District of Columbia is one of the best schools I know with experienced and good Professors. Academic wise the university is the best, the campus facilities such as Library, shuttle bus and WiFi is very much efficient. There are various extracurricular activities students do engage in and also a lot of jobs and students can also work as a student worker according to their major while attending the university. The university also gives out scholarships and awards excelling students . The Health care department at the University is very reliable and they make sure all students are healthy and have taken all required shots they need in order to stay fit. The university has all required facilities one needs in order to stay well, fit and in order to excel academically. Overall the University puts the interest of all students first and the registration process at the University of the District of Columbia is a short one.

Pamela

I am a freshman here at the University of the District of Columbia and in the following year of getting to know the students, professors, counselors and facilities, I really enjoy it! I went to the District of Columbia because it has affordable tuition and I like the class sizes. There is no more then 25 students in each course. The professors always have a regular office schedule so I can always go and consult them about the course. The academic advisers are much harder to get a hold of physically but they answer emails. Overall, it has been a great experience.

D'Aira

The University of the District of Columbia is a school full of friendships,proffessors who help us take the next step in our journeys.Living and going to a school in an Urban are can be tough, but I always feel safe while in school.Sticking together is a major role thats played at UDC if one feels as they something needs to be done, we make sure it happens.For example when its time for midterms and finals we always form study groups and get all of the work done.

Jermaine

It is a pretty good school and more people should enroll. The students here are all fun and get along very well. People here take pride in the school they attend and will defend it under any circumstance. The staff and the Professors are very helpful and understanding and will go to great lengths to assist.

Samyra

University of the District of Columbia is an excellent college where they welcome any citizens. They offer a lot of jobs and academic opportunities being offer for students who are enrolled on campus or off campus. Based on the advisers they are also helpful and welling to reach out to students who need extra credit or any help with assessments.

Deja

Spring 2018-2019 was my first year attending. I’m basing the information I know on this survey. Overall the school is located in a convenient environment, safe and busy spot. I love the professors they are very professional and loving. Also the teachers are very clear when teaching, you’ll fully understand if you pay close attention.