Stockton, CA
University of the Pacific

Overall, this school has exceeded my expectations. The class sizes are amazing, and even in my largest classes it's under 40 people. In those classes, you still get individual attention from the professors and they're super open to helping you outside of class or even outside of office hours. There's plenty of academic support, as well as spiritual, mental, physical, you name it!

Melissa

Coming into University of the Pacific I was given the opportunity to meet students my year who are first generation through different programs, which helped tremendously take off the unnecessary stress of having to make friends. Also orientation was helpful because we not only got network with current students from UOP, but we got informed of the resources offered at UOP. Overall I do not regret by choice of attending UOP it is truly a community.

Ilana

Pacific has a very inviting and friendly atmosphere and student culture. I love being able to walk around and always see someone I know. The class and campus size is great if you are looking for a small college and the professors are very knowledgeable and willing to help you out. I have really enjoyed my time at Pacific and feel that I have learned so much through my courses and the opportunity I had to study abroad. Many students are involved in at least one club and there is a lot of options for different interests/ opportunities to be involved. The only drawbacks are some of the administration.

Jacob

The campus itself is beautiful, but I wouldn't recommend venturing too far. The food leaves a lot to be desired. The pre-dent program is great for people interested in dentistry. The classes are definitely difficult, but the professors are always willing to help you succeed if you put in the effort.

Deana

UOP is really something else when compared to other universities. Whether that's becasue it's a private school, or a small campus, I'm not sure; it really is a gem of Stockton. Here, professors can actually remember your name. They take the time to learn who you are, and because of that, they are able to help you more efficiently if you need it. Also, communicating with other students is not as difficult as it can be at other schools. Whether it be for work or for some down time, you will have fellow students on your side.

"Everything is alright." That's what I would say to high school senior me. I was seventeen years old at the time, and I felt as if my world was falling apart. My family was going through some hard times, and my depression and celiac disease (I didn't know I had that yet) was getting worse. To top it all off, student loans turned me into a nervous wreak. I felt like it was all going to fall to peices; everything I worked for, everything I wanted, everything I had. The four associate of arts degrees I obtained in high school meant nothing to me. I was burying myself in my own mind. I guess I just needed to know things were going to be okay. Once I found that out, things seemed to get a little easier.

One of the things I can brag about this school is that I can [practically] say "What's up?" to my professors, and they will respond. I say this in aknowledgement to the fact that, if you are a student invested in your work, your professors will be more than happy to help you learn the material of the class, and then some. The professors here really know there stuff, so feel free to talk with them about their area of expertiese.

Pharmacy, Dentistry, Brubeck Institute, Business

Pharmacy, Dentistry, Brubeck Institute, Business

Make yourself more aware of the repercussions of being a minority and a female in today's society. Also realize that awareness is not enough: actions must follow thoughts. There is a standard on how females are supposed to look; pay less mind to your outfit and instead articulate the contents of your cognitions. There are so many kids like you who are struggling with two cultural backgrounds- help them focus on the similarities rather than the disparities and embrace themselves. Embrace yourself. Rejection is necessary, but if the thing that is rejected is never created it will never have the chance to be accepted either. Always be prepared to give because you have been given so much. The best teachers can lower themselves to the students' level of understanding and lift them up with them. Respect your time: reserve time to educate yourself on current cultural affairs, read, practice and exercise. Being uncomfortable is good, so long as you're being challenged don't be apprehensive. Tell your mom that you love her. The esoteric is mostly unnecessary; being concise is more difficult and elegant. You are just as responsible for the future as the rest of your generation.

Brubeck Institute students don't pay for school and are furnished with their own floor in the Burn's Tower to rehearse and practice.

Sydny

Pacific is unique because it provides a close knit environment for students. The class sizes make class more interesting and interactive because of the small sizes. The professors know your name, and go out of their way to help students, they are there to teach and not to make students fail. They are also very flexible and GUARENTEE graduation in 4 years. Pacific also provides a variety of resources for students including tutors, study rooms, access to online databases, writing centers, and student and faculty advisors to keep you on track.

Dear high school me, Do not procrastinate on ANY deadline. Work hard and fill out as many scholarships as possible, do not assume you will not win, you won't if you do not apply. Enjoy your free time, and especially your sleep, you are going to need to stock up on that. College is different, you are going to be alone a lot, and have to be self-motivating, do not expect professors to tell you what they want. Open your mind to critical thinking, it is a difficult thing to learn, but it is a crucial skill in college courses. Break out of your shell, professors love when students participate, and have no hesitation calling you out. Also, be prepared to work in groups, it is hard to put your grade in another students hands, but you will learn to keep the group on task. One of the hardest things you are going to have to do is speak in front of theclass, practice this and get over that fear, it is another crucial part of college courses. And finally, breathe, it is not as scary as you are thinking right now. I promise you will do great

Because Pacific is a private university it is very expensive. However with a guarenteed 4 year degree, and the endless resources, it is worth it.

Vaughn

If you were to go on tour at the University of the Pacific you would find a proud tradition of quality education, strong athletic programs, amazing musicians, a beautiful campus, rich history, and most importantly - Indiana Jones. You heard me right, the one and only Dr Henry Jones hopped out of a window in Knowles Hall on the campus of Pacific to flee his crazed students and begin his journey of adventure across the globe. Many Universities have been featured in films, but only Pacific can truly understand Harrison Ford's ability to exit a crowded building.

The University of the Pacific maintains a very high teacher to student ratio that can often result in individualized attention. Students who want to experience full lecture halls, classes with several hundred students, and a massive campus requiring public transportation should not consider Pacific. While Pacific does frequently have a competitive athletics program competing in NCAA Division 1 athletics, they no longer have a football team. If Saturday morning tailgates and games are your idea of an ideal college experience, Pacific may not be for you.

Faithe

I would tell myself to care. School matters even on those days that you think every thing else in the world matters more. I'd say get your financial stuff done early becauses it sucks to call those people last minute, they're grumpy and have been on the phone all day. Stay focused on your school work because it is pretty easy to fail. Make sure you talk to your teachers, try to come to class early, and NEVER sleep in class because gauranteed you'll need recommendations and you don't want to pick the teacher with the class you slept in... AWKWARD. But really just make friends and have fun because focus is great but it's also lonely if you have no one around. Good Luck!

The most frustrating thing about my school is that no one goes to the events. There is hardly any support for the sport's teams or other events that happen like concerts and things. School would be a lot more fun if we banded together more often and weren't so focused on school all the time. It's frustrating to support something when no one else wants to support it with you.

University of the Pacific administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.