University of the Pacific Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of the Pacific

Melissa

Coming into University of the Pacific I was given the opportunity to meet students my year who are first generation through different programs, which helped tremendously take off the unnecessary stress of having to make friends. Also orientation was helpful because we not only got network with current students from UOP, but we got informed of the resources offered at UOP. Overall I do not regret by choice of attending UOP it is truly a community.

Jessy

It's a great school for those who want a more individualized learning experience since most classes are small. Also I recommend studying abroad, there are a lot of opportunities to study abroad but very few people do it despite the tuition fee not really changing regardless of the country you choose to go to. Most importantly, professors show a genuine love for what they are teaching and could sometimes mean that the class itself is hard. However, they are very much willing to help you outside of class, during their office hours or even outside those hours, to help with certain topics you are struggling with.

Overall, this school has exceeded my expectations. The class sizes are amazing, and even in my largest classes it's under 40 people. In those classes, you still get individual attention from the professors and they're super open to helping you outside of class or even outside of office hours. There's plenty of academic support, as well as spiritual, mental, physical, you name it!

Jisoo

The University of the Pacific is in Stockton which is generally considered dangerous. However, on campus it is well protected and feels very safe. The academics are pretty rigorous for the science courses as a majority of the students are in a pre-accelerated program. Class sizes are pretty small making professors easy to reach out to.

Asianya

It's a small campus, with small student to teacher ratios and small studying rooms in the library. But, boy does it have a major influence on you're everyday decisions. When you tell people you attend the University of the Pacific, people gasp and say "Wow, you must be so smart". I must admit, it makes me feel pretty good to hear that, especially after I just got a C+ on my Bio 51 class. Every time I am offered to go to a party, drink alcohol or do recreational drugs, I always stop and think "Is this why I came to college? For a little fun here and there? Or did I come so people can continue to gasp when I say I graduated with a BS at the University of the Pacific". The school does it all; keeps you in check, makes people look at you in amazement, offers internships by your junior year and honestly gives a good amount in grants!

Joey

University of the Pacific is a beautiful campus with small class sizes and "professors who know your name." Though not known for its political involvement/advocacy, great food, outstanding academics, nice surrounding city, or huge party scene, Pacific is a place where many people can thrive academically and professionally, while enjoying their time.

mariah

It is a beautiful, yet small, campus. The school is not as diverse as I hoped but I knew this going in. I believe I have learned a lot about myself and others attending Pacific. The academic are extremely challenging but in a good way. I feel like Pacific is preparing me for the working world.

Mele

UOP is an ok school. Definitely attend if you are looking if you're majoring in sciences, engineering,

Sindhu

While UOP may seem like a quiet place, there are activities and stuff to do if you look for it. It is a small campus, with great security and a close knit community. I found it pretty welcoming. The academics are wonderful though, with very helpful and willing professors. The class sizes are small so you get to know all your professors and they always have opportunities for you. Even if UOP isn't the wildest or has the biggest social scene(aside from Greek life--it has a pretty big Greek life), it does have excellent academics. It is a bit expensive but they are pretty good at hooking kids up with scholarships. I found that, compared to other colleges, the housing is pretty decent. Only thing is that the campus food kinda sucks and the city can be a bit unsafe--so I would recommend not wandering about alone at night when off-campus.

Ilana

Pacific has a very inviting and friendly atmosphere and student culture. I love being able to walk around and always see someone I know. The class and campus size is great if you are looking for a small college and the professors are very knowledgeable and willing to help you out. I have really enjoyed my time at Pacific and feel that I have learned so much through my courses and the opportunity I had to study abroad. Many students are involved in at least one club and there is a lot of options for different interests/ opportunities to be involved. The only drawbacks are some of the administration.

Maria

I was a Music Industry student at the Conservatory. I have never experienced such a soul-crushing experience in my life. The professors were liars and refused to own up to their faults. I lost valuable opportunities because of their supposed entitlement. NEVER AGAIN!

Jacob

The campus itself is beautiful, but I wouldn't recommend venturing too far. The food leaves a lot to be desired. The pre-dent program is great for people interested in dentistry. The classes are definitely difficult, but the professors are always willing to help you succeed if you put in the effort.

Roselyn

The University of the Pacific is an amazing school that allows me to build my confidence and leadership. This school will help me be prepared when I graduate and apply for a job in less than four years. So far, this classes and the professor have been supportive and amazing. I am glad I have chosen to attend this university. This is a decision I do not regret.

Caroline

The University of the Pacific is a fantastic University. Don't let the price tag scare you, the ROI on this school is in the top 12 in the country. The alumni is a very tight knit group of people committed to helping alumni and students. The classes are not that challenging. They are more difficult than a community college but less difficult than MIT or Stanford. Take your courses seriously and study... you will be fine. Show up, take notes, and make use of the library. There is a group of snobby rich kids. Ignore them, just focus on your course work. This school has a variety of kids from all income groups. You will enjoy the environment and resources this school has to offer. Take a tour! It is amazing in the fall!

Kinsei

It's a diverse school with lots of available resources. The professors are generally pretty good and it really feels like your in a close knit community. The school cares about both you academic life as well as your non academic life, making it a good school to balance both

Hyosung

I think it is a great school. The student to faculty ratio is great so it is better for me to learn and concentrate. Also there are a numerous amount of school activity which keeps the student entertained and stress free. Although I wish we had a football program so that we can have more pride in our school.

I recently went fo a summer roar program in which I was shown around and told of several programs this university has to offer. I believe this school is very unique and I’d love to be a part of it. It is a school i am interested in due to the fact that they guarantee that you will graduate in 4 years. They are offer several different internships.

Alyssa

University of the Pacific is overall a great school. Most classroom sizes are small, which allows for more one on one interactions with professors. The food on campus tastes fantastic, however, the meals can be pricey. The same goes for on campus housing and the cost of tuition. Although the dorms are nice and comfortable, they are pretty up there in price. Tuition is crazy expensive, and many people I know have transferred to other schools because they couldn’t afford it. There are a lot of resources available to students. There are resources for first-in-the-family-to-attend-college students, students of color, students of the LGBTQ community, and much more. However, a downside is that many of these resources are not very well known amongst the students. Despite these downfalls there is a great community at Pacific, which is why I do say that it is a great school. The professors really care. They want you to succeed and not just take their class and move on. This school may not be for everyone, but it is the place for me.

Jaquelyn

I believe that the University of the Pacific offers students a great deal of opportunity to grow and prosper. Greek life is promoted strongly on campus, but other than that I have not known of many clubs. I would like it if there were more food places and place to hang out​ with friends off campus.

Sandy

I love the campus ambience, and the best feature in my opinion is being able to really interact with professors (which is great for networking). However, tuition is increasing every year and scholarships are usually difficult to obtain. Besides that I really love the school and being in the School of International Studies really puts you "out there," and it allows writing skills to improve considerably.

Allie

I love UOP. The class sizes are small and allow you to really get to know your classmates and your professors. There's always something to do, whether it's a play, sports game, or any other kind of activity. The dorms are nice and the community is wonderful.

Mellany

University of Pacific has shown me the potential of my talents and I know I'm getting a quality education. I never hesitate to ask questions and seek help because I know the faculty is willing to help in anyway possible. I'm grateful to attend a school where my education is important and I have resources to help maximize my learning experience. Encouragement is also key. I never feel left behind by my peers of my professors.

Aquillah

University of Pacific is an university that values educating students at the highest level and in the best way possible. They value teacher and student interactions where they students not only earn from the professors but the professors learning from the students. Small classes are the best way that an healthy environment for prosperous learning in academic and personal ways.

Kaycee

University of the Pacific is a beautiful campus in Stockton California and has so much to offer to their students. On this campus, the students get one on one attention because of the small class sizes that are provided. The faculty members are always there to help students in any way that they can. As for myself, being in the Conservatory of Music, has been a great experience for me. I have great mentors and faculty to assist me in my future endeavors. The faculty members are very kind and respectful towards their students. They want to see each and every one of their students succeed. In the Conservatory, students get several amazing opportunities including trips to Carnegie Hall and Reno Jazz Festival. Due to the small class sizes, the students form great bonds with one another. The Conservatory is made up of 220 students which allows everyone to get to know each other, rather than only knowing a few. The campus itself is very beautiful with vibrant roses, lots of greenery, and great architecture. I am going to be a Sophomore at Pacific in the fall of 2018. This past year I have learned so much as a jazz studies major. I have grown so much as a musician because of the faculty members that were there to guide me. I have made amazing memories and friendships coming to Pacific. Pacific is a great college to go to and anyone who comes to this amazing school will not be dissapointed.

Whitney

I love UOP. I was terrified to come here but everyone is really accepting and wants to help you learn and grow. The people I've met here are incredible - students and professors alike. Everyone looks out for each other and it's kind of like a big happy family. There are so many opportunities on campus to get involved, and plenty of free events for you to attend if you're ever bored!

Renee

It's an alright school. The education is alright, but very overpriced. They are budget cutting everything and raising tuition, but the school wonders why more people are not applying. If you are not a science, pre-med, or any stem major, there is not point in attending this school. Can go to any other school and save tons of money.

Corinna

University of the Pacific is a smaller school with excellent standards of academics. The professors provide challenging but valuable and stimulating experiences, and students know how to have fun while working hard. Overall, the university lives up to expectation, and it is worth the cost of attending.

Aaron

The University of the Pacific is a very student-focused environment. The facilities and faculty are very open to students, and is much easier to contact than larger schools. The smaller classroom sizes allow for more in-depth conversations and interactions, allowing for the deeper growth of both knowledge and culture. While there is a smaller amount of activities outside of campus, there is more than enough activities on campus to supplement.

Isaac

Setting aside the cost of attendance, Pacific is a wonderful place to be at. With an expensive tuition the popular is that only rich narcissist enroll but it's quite the opposite. The people here are what make it thrive with the amount of positive energy that is given off. From the professors to admissions to your Student Advisors, everyone has that motivational attitude that keeps you going. The students here are always talking about things they enjoy or discussing many other things. Pros Attitude of staff and older students towards new students -Always willing to help you and make you feel welcome. Fine academics and outstanding staff Cons -Mac users beware. Classes involving coding require Microsoft. It would have been nice if the class specifies what programs are being used. Grey Area -Expensive food. Understandable but given that's it's more high quality the price must be high too. -Small time fees for ASUOP and gym, even if you'll never use them. Annoying but there is a lot to get involved in campus. -Many on-campus jobs require proficiency in Word and Excel. Not bad, just that Mac users need to adjust.

Mercedes

The University of the Pacific is an excellent school to attend if you are looking to excel academically. The classes are generally small which allows one to get a more personal interaction with the professors. The staff is also extremely friendly and are generally available even outside of their office hours. The school even offers multiple outlets that such as a math lab, Success, and tutoring to help students who wish to succeed. The University of the Pacific is also a very pretty campus. It is designed to resemble a campus similar to an ivy league school. Not only is the campus beautiful, but it is extremely clean and very safe. Campus police and public safety are available at all times and hours of the day one can even find blue lights which are located all over the campus.

Joshua

When you first visit University of the Pacific typically your first impression is that it is a beautiful campus. Everything they say about it sounds nice and you think it is a flawless college. After attending it for two years, going on three, I have realized that it isn't as amazing as people make it seem. For some reason, they believe that having a difficult science program is a smart idea, but it's not and in turn, a lot of kids switch majors. Studnet life is practically non-existent so don't expect a lot of involvement. Having small classrooms and one-on-one interactions is honestly a plus. It's not a perfect school and honestly, there are other schools that can give you a better college experience.

I feel like this school is very underrated. It is an outstanding university, but people often dismiss it because it is located in the notorious Stockton, California. I am from Stockton and can tell you from experience that it is really not as bad as it is perceived. And living on campus I feel completely safe! The academics are top notch and I am proud to attend such a beautiful, wonderful school.

Ian

The academics offered at UOP are some of the best. The professors are extremely knowledgeable and they are also available, making it easy to receive any help outside of the classroom. Biggest benefit that you will find at UOP and not at other, larger colleges is the fact that most classes will average around 20 students. Professors know you on a personal level and they are always willing to share opportunities with you if they come across them. Definitely a great school to get connected professionally and learn the material with a deep understanding of the concepts taught. Drawback is definitely the location but UOP's campus really does feel like it is on the east coast and it is quiet.

Karen

The University of the Pacific is a great school. They give students the endless amount of chances to improve in their academics and as a person. I do believe that students need to be more involved in extracurricular activities and the school itself needs to improve in getting the students involved. Overall, UOP is an amazing and safe school.

I love it here at UoP. The community is amazing and wholesome. The professors are excellent and their main focus is to make sure everyone of their students passes their classes. Athletics are stellar and the participation in campus activities is incredible. Overall, UoP is an amazing wholesome college.

Rebecca

I love UOP, I'm just going to say that right off the bat. I am a military dependent; I have lived in multiple states and gone to 6 different schools. I am lucky to have had these experiences of different regions and cultures. And it is something I love about the University of the Pacific. The campus is incredibly diverse, students and faculty alike. People are open, friendly, and welcoming. The professors really care about their students and the entire University really strives to provide the best for all who attend. I have had some of the best experiences of my life at UOP and have made friendships to last a lifetime.

Oluchi

Overall, UOP is a good school. Depending on the department you are in, it can be a great school for you. A couple of major things to note, it's a small campus, everyone knows each other, it's really really really expensive, so make sure you are prepared to make the financial decision, pick a rewarding major, dinning food sucks, and lastly, make a couple of close friends you trust!

It is a good school if you are going to study, and not have fun. You can have fun, but that is not why you went to this college. Campus is nice and small so it only takes 15 to 20 minutes to get from one side to the other. Food is limited so you get sick of it really easily.

Allie

I love UOP. The class sizes are perfect, the professors are engaged in education, and the campus is always active. You will never find yourself with nothing to do here. Something is always going on and there is always someone to talk to. The professors are truly interested in making your education the best it can become.

Clarissa

I love Pacific. The campus is beautiful and not to big that walking around it seems impossible. The professors really care about their students, I have had many professors ask me how about how I'm doing, even if I only took their class once. They provide of opportunities to grow outside the classroom and in my experience, they always have my interest in mind.

Tamia

The U.O.P. campus is a safe environment despite the stigma most people have about a college located in Stockton. The staff and current students attending U.O.P make sure you feel welcomed and definitely make it their goal to make sure no student is left out or alone.

Zackary

I believe that University of the Pacific is overall a good school. It is extremely expensive, and if your family happens to be making a lower-class amount of money, you're likely to have to pull out loans every year, and scrounge for money to pay for books. If you can afford it, the small class sizes and amazing professors are worth it. I would recommend this school to my friends, but you just have to beware the outrageous cost.

claire

It is a good school academically wise, but that also depends on your major. There are various programs that really helps the students be set up for a career but that is also dependent on the major. Such as the Engineering program giving you a 5 year master program or the Co-Op program. But keep in mind it is extremely expensive so it really depends if you find it worth it. Also some of the faculty is easy to get a hold of and some aren’t. I emailed a faculty and a week later still no reply so I went to the office and he was standing in front of me and said hi. The assistance said I could talk to him for help but then he was too busy gossiping. So i waited and when he walked away I asked if I could speak with him now but they said he is going on lunch now. Then there are some that replies back within a day. So that’s a heads up.

Amy

I am still getting to know my college, and I hope that with time, I will come to appreciate it more. Coming from a lively city near the beach, moving to Stockton for college brought about a very different lifestyle. It feels as though my college is in the middle of nowhere with not many attractions or fun places to visit with friends. The campus itself is quite nice with the brick buildings and greenery. I especially enjoy visiting the library to study even though it may not be the biggest. The professors are knowledgeable, but from my standpoint, interactions between professors and students seem scarce. The food becomes repetitive and boring after living on-campus with a meal plan after a week or two. Student life is not as lively as I would like.

Nghi

In my opinion, UOP is not a bad school. People are friendly here and most of them are willing to help you study for classes if you just approach them and ask. There are many clubs and other extracurricular activities you can do here. However, classes here are a lot more difficult, especially sciences. This might because they try to prepare students who are major in STEM, pre-pharmacy, and pre-dentistry. Do prepare to spend the majority of your time studying, but also enjoy your undergrad years.

Arthur

Having only completed my first year at this school, I can't necessarily give a comprehensive review. I can say however that I had enjoyed my time there. Classes are fairly small meaning that you get more attention from your professors. Whether this is a good or bad thing is up to you but in my opinion, it's beneficial to have a good relationship with all your professors.

Savannah

University of the Pacific has a great engineering program which is something that attracted me to the campus. Students are allowed to go on CO-OPs during the academic school year which gives them insight to working in their prospective field. The small classes are great because you're able to get one on one help from your professor and are able to work in small groups. There are many clubs and organizations for students to get involved in as well as many on campus job opportunities. However, as an African-American student on campus, I feel that there should be greater population of African-American students. African-American students make up about 3% of the student population. There should be more of an outreach to the local African-American community as well as local minority students.

I had the time of my life in my undergrad business schooling, despite the fact that UOP was in the sketchy city of Stockton. The school hosts a lot of events on campus so students don't have to travel much into the city. The bar and greek life scene allow for plenty of campus fun. That being said, the school is small so everyone knows everyone. The classes are fine, nothing revolutionary but I felt I learned what I needed to learn. Some of the professors are willing to go out of their way to help you succeed in life, even after school is long over. The campus is really beautiful. It's not too bad of a place to spend a couple years.

Renee

I love it here. I wanted a school that was close to the Bay Area, but far enough away that I don't deal with the Bay Area traffic. This campus is such a gorgeous campus and I love walking around any time of year. It is a little spread out, but it isn't too much of a walk. The on-campus jobs (and off-campus jobs) are plentiful and you can do just about anything. I would highly recommend UOP to anyone, as long as you have the money or are able to get scholarships and grants. The cost is high, but the education and experience here at UOP is very worth it.

Alejandra

The University of the Pacific is an excellent school in terms of its academics. The professors show they have a deep interest in you from the beginning. This is mainly due to the fact most classes do not have a large majority of students. They provide intimate places where you can interact with other students and faculty. However, if you are in a more impacted classroom you might not have the same experience. In spite of all that, I feel that UOP is a extremely expensive school which would only be worth it if you were getting a large amount of financial aid. If so, I believe you would have a good experience on campus!