Virginia Union University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Virginia Union University

Isaiah

A good college

VUU, is a school of great culture. From the band, the sports events to the great events on homecoming weekend! Here we love to see each win, so classmate stick together. Before the world shutdown being on campus, going from class to class was something i looked forward to everyday! I love my HBCU i believe being here is certainly preparing the students for the real world!

Kalyn

Virginia Union University is a small school and i praise the school because of it's ability to insure students build a connection with their professors. The only con i have about Union is the expenses of attendance, its way too much to be such a small school and have the dorms not fully functional.

Andrew

VUU I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!! That's what we all said as incoming freshman, but by the time second semester rolled around, we were faced with the reality of saying fair well to our colleagues who were forced to leave, due to finances, grades, and etc. That's when reality became real, but in the midst of the trials, and obstacles, the real VUU Panther will always be one from within. If your looking to learn to become a future world leader, that has abased and abounded then welcome to VUU!

Nicholas

Virginia Union University is a great school. It is very family oriented. If you are a current student, alumni, faculty or staff member then you are a part of the Panther family. Everybody knows everybody on campus and we look out for each other. If someone is not feeling well mentally or physically there is always someone there to make them feel better. The small class sizes are great for one on one time with professors and someone is always willing to help a student improve. It is a wonderful school.

Aakaiya

This HBCU is a good University. The academics is excellent. The campus is quiet and there is rarely any partying. The campus is safe and police are often walking around campus making sure everything is okay. The university is in a good environment and it is surrounded by nice people as well. The professors are extremely helpful and are willing to help you with anything.

Elise

Virginia Union is an institution that is an extension of a home. The professors are kind and exhibit a sincere desire for the students to achieve. Last week i became very ill due to allergy problems, due to that I was unable to attend class. I was very concerned thinking that my teacher would give me a F for the day. I discovered the opposite, she had emailed my assigned and encouraged me to get some rest.

Deva

Virginia Union University is an okay school food-wise, housing on campus is a bit iffy because of heating and AC problems as well as power outages during the beginning of the fall 2017 semester. The campus however is small and quiet and although I do enjoy the peacefulness (besides when the band plays 24/7), I would enjoy a lively scenery from time to time where a DJ will come on campus and play music outside or just more engaging events.

Scott

It is a small campus, with great professors. The professors are always available for extra help during their office hours. There are many varieties of people who attend Virginia Union University. All of the students are so different but they all have the same goal, which is complete their education and earn their degree.

Mervin

Virginia Union has really improved my personality and made me more social, I am very happy with my decision to attend. The Campus atmosphere is awesome and I am really enjoying the experience. When choosing a school it was important to me to choose a family instead of friends. Even though I am a freshman I have made memories that will last a lifetime.

Pierre

The Virginian Union, in my opinion, is a good school with a lot of activities to do around the campus as well as outside of the campus. There are helpful teachers as well as students, always encouraging you to do your best and strive for more. I like this school because it is small and secure.

Tamarea

It’s a great welcome to new coming freshman.

Ca'Tiana

Virginia Union University is a wonderful University. The people there are friendly and are open arms to anyone who needs assistance. The professors here are very helpful and make it their first priority to make sure you have the help you needed. The students their will make you as comfortable as possible and will make sure you have the time of your life at Virginia Union University.

alexus

Virginia Union University is a great school. It is a HBCU with great history behind it. When I applied for this school, I was completely excited and even more excited when I found out I was accepted. Matter of fact, Virginia Union was the first school to accept me. I love the atmosphere on campus. I really feel at home when I'm there. The people there are so nice and friendly. The staff is helpful with every single student who needs it. I can't wait to be apart of the Panther family.

Sydney

Virginia Union University has a small campus. It's pretty easy to befriend other students and staff. Because the university is small, the people on campus feels like a family to you. You can always find someone to help you with any problem but the down side is that everyone on campus will know your business! You'll know everyone's face and what they did or didn't do. Living on campus isn't too bad unless you're a freshman that doesn't like to be told what to do. Fines are very big at VUU and if you don't want one on your Student Account, do what you're told no matter how childish it may seem. Good Luck!

Sanarah

It needs an extreme makeover. The cafeteria is getting renovated which is great. The dorms on the other hand are horrible! There is mold in the buildings with cinder block walls that would give off prison vibes. Majority of the staff are disrespectful and act like they’re the students. It’s deplorable.

Tyrone

School can do much better and all aspect.

Kirk

All together if I had to rate the University I attend I would say I would like it no better anywhere else. If I couldn't say that I would have left I happily enjoy the friends I made, as well as the professors I were able to meet this is my second year attending and yes, it is challenging like I would expect college to be, but I like a bit of a challenge and I will continue the jouney.

Jalen

Virginia Union University is an awesome place to learn. We operate in excellence. The students are always engaging in intellectual conversations though-out campus and on many different topics. We enjoy participating or supporting all of our sporting events. We always show our panther pride.

Quindasia

I love Virginia Union University. Everyone treats you like family and outside of the school people will help you if they know you go to school at Union. It is a family oriented school. The professors are usually supportive and always there. We have their office hours and phone number. If you go to Union, I think you would like it.

Jhamari

Great school

Rahlek

It’s a great environment and gives you a warm family feel in a very quick time. Virginia Union is a small school with tons of big qualities the party life is amazing the social order is one the whole would shouts abide by everyone’s family and educators are somewhat good most professors won’t care.