Takoma Park, MD
Washington Adventist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Washington Adventist University

asia

Since attending Washington Adventist University, there have been plenty of uniqueness going around campus that captivated my attention and held unto it, which its never letting go. For starters, the diversity is pretty grand, with different cultures and backgrounds. Secondly, I love the fact that it's so spirited and everyone can stop and say a prayer to the man upstairs without being judged in any way, or how. That feeling of freedom is so rare and unique nowadays, that whenever we have a problem, whether its good nor bad, its a blessing to know that we can do that.

If I knew what I know now about college life, I would've prepared myself better. How? Simply by focusing more on my work in high school rather than joke and clown around with friends. I would have also tooken college credit classes my senior year, and after graduation I would have gone to a two-yera college and then transferred. Advice wise, I would tell myself to not procrastinate and get help help when needed.

I consider the best thing about my school is where its located. WAU is located in Takoma Park, Maryland, where it has three different cities in all locations, enciricling us. First, heading north theres Langley Park, south, theres D.C, and east its Silver Spring. Transportation is always available around the school, so theres always things to do in each of those locations. Plus, its under twenty minutes away.

temidayo

If i were to go back in time to talk to myself as high school senior about college life, making transition, i would first tell myself to have a goal on what you want to do in college before you enter college. Another thing i would tell to myself would be to take college serious , find opportuines to help you pay for college , explore different type colleges, do what makes you happy and make sure it's realistic . Do well in high school and entrance to help you get alot money from colleges. Relax and take it one step at time.

The most frustrationg thing about my school would the work loads.

Farlin

A person who is already a adult should attend the school. Anyone can attend this school, as long as they know their limits and follow the school guidelines. The indivdual needs to plan ahead on how he or she is gong to be finaclly cleared! You need to have time managment, there is a lot of time for fun! This school is a Seventh Day Adventist school, the school needs to be a comfortable background for you.

A person who is ready not to transform into a adult shouldn't atttend this school.

Tasmin

My school is a big family, where everyone can grow spiritually.

My school is a big family, where everyone can grow spiritually.

One thing that makes my college unique is that it is a Seventh-day Adventist college. This college is very different from most colleges. Another thing that makes it unique is that there are no co-ed dormitories. There are only gendered dormitories. Also Washington Adventist University only serves vegetarian food. They follow the Seventh-day Adventist health message, and do not serve meat of any sort. Washington Adventist University is considered to be a spiritual campus. There are many worships throughout the week, and students receive credit for them. Those are themany things that make it unique.

As a senior in high school, I was terrrified of what college would be like. I would listen to college students and they would make it sound horrific. Now that I am actually a college student, I no longer have the scared mentality. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, then I would tell myself to be less shy. I was very scared of meeting new people, and even stayed in my room the whole day. I was too scared to talk to anyone. Eventually I got out of my comfort zone and began to open up, but the process could have been smoother. Another thing I would tell myself as a high school senior, is to be more independent. I relied on my mother a lot while I was in high school, and now I am on my own. I would suggest getting a job, because the money is very much needed. Also, work on time management skills, because procrastination is a bad habit to get out of. I suggest that you prioitize your work, because there are times when you want to hang out with friends. Just stay focused.

Olivia

We are a small university but we are culturally diverse, we have great programs, and its spiritual.

The advice I would give myself is, "prepare yourself for a sample of the 'real world'. You will no longer be living under your mother's roof and rules, so you have to learn how to be independent and carry yourself in a proper way. Try to stay focus, study hard, and get your work done on time. Procrastination leads to workload, which leads to stress, and gray hairs for you at a young age. Its alright to ask for help, and don't feel embarrassed if you don't know something, because we're all there to learn. Time management is a must; it helps you stay on track. Set your priorities straight, and remember what's more important and what can be placed on hold. I'm not saying that you can't have a social life; just don't let fun outweigh your books. Always be a leader and not a follower; if people don't accept you just the way you are, then you don't need friends like them. It's better to stand for something than fall for anything. Take advantage of your education, never forget where you came from, and appreciate your parents."

The students on campus are friendly, the area is convenient, and the gymnastic team is outstanding.

Sophonie

Whats unique about my school is that it focuses on creating well rounded Christ loving students who want to give back to their community.

As a high school senior I wouldve told myself to think throughly as to what i want to make of myself as far as a career goes. I started out as a bio major because of what everyone else wanted me to be. I shouldnt be trying to please others with my career choice. I wouldve told myself to think for myself and not for others.

Anyone who wants to pursue more than just an education, but a stronger connection with God should attend this school.

Janil

It is best known for its service. A lot of missionary work is done. The school has very good contact and communication with their students. The school is also known for is their efficiency in sports. They have great gymnastics, soccer, volleyball and baseball team.

College has definitely been a life changing experience. It shows us what responsibility is. It allows us to cherish what our parents have done for us throughout the years, and also what they couldn't do. I graduated valedictorian from high school. It was a great moment in my life, but once I entered college I woke up to the reality that life is very difficult. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself: "Hey, Janil! I came back from the future just to tell you that this is your time to shine! Enjoy this moment as if it was your only. Life is going to be full of responsibilities and college will be hard, but those difficult moments will make you a great person. They will make you stronger and more understanding. Take all the knowledge you can from your professors but also cherish their work. God has put people in your path so you could learn from their actions, or to show you how hard life is going to be. But no matter how hard it gets it also brings excitement with it. Live to the fullest and be yourself!"

Anyone that is looking for more than just a mere education should attend this school. WAU gives great education, but also teaches their students about morality and spirituality. This school teaches its students to be humane, humble and helpful. It teaches us to serve others and to help one another. It teaches us the love of God. Anyone who is looking forward to learning all these things should definitely get enrolled in WAU.

Daniel

Conan O'Brien said on his speech at Dartmouth College that when you work hard and you're kind, amazing things happen. It may not hit you yet, but after getting off that stage after giving your own graduation speech, you're heading to the Culinary Institute of America, the World's Premier Culinary College. What you've basically done over your high school years is what will set you up for many days to come. Youth and Government gave you the awareness of what needs to be known around the world. Playing in the tennis team helped your sense of teamwork and leadership. Working at Robeks for two weekends shows how it sucks in the working world, and working for your parents taught you that crunching numbers is not the way to live. All I know is that the people around you will respect you and your work ethic because you treat them fairly. As a result, these people will become your friends and just as you know it, it's like high school again, except better. One last thing, bring clothes on your last day of work... people will throw you in the pool as an au revoir.

Brandi

If I could go back in time to my senior year and advise myself about how to take on college in my future, there would be much to say. I feel that so many of my peers, including myself, waste a substantial amount of time their first year of college, dabbling around trying to find what they want to do, or just flat out being confused altogether about how to do it. I would tell myself to embrace the resources available and people around me and and not to be intimidated by the ‘big’ college staring down on me. I would also tell myself to not just learn the material but to embrace the skills presented in the material, because the skills are what you take with you when you leave. And, last but not least, I would tell myself to always ask for help, because if you don’t ask the answer is always no.

High school Hannah, don't worry about boys, they come and they go. Stay focused on your studies and get your college applications in. Apply for scholarships everyday and look everywhere for them. There are more scholarships available than you could ever think of! Work hard and pay attention every day. You never know how much high school matters until you get to college. You actually do need to know the information you learn in high school. Don't skip all those classes. You can't skip your college classes, you won't have a nice teacher that will give you the information you missed. Education is a prioriety for you Hannah, boys and parties are just an option. Stay focused and never let your goals get out of reach. If you think you can do it, you can do it! Plus... you never know until you try. Oh, and one more thing Hannah... If you fall get right back up and try it again. After a while, you'll learn not to fall again. :)

Washington Adventist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.