Detroit, MI
Wayne County Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne County Community College District

Jocelyn

My school best known for skills, learn basic, practice from high school levels.

My school best known for skills, learn basic, practice from high school levels.

first of all, I am deaf n really need this money to pay school and everything I need . I graduated from Northwestern High school in 2006. Now, I am a college student almost 4 years in Community College. My advice is focus in school, be a prepared for myself, be successful woman in future, and can be what I want to be. I know I can do it.

This person would not able to learn, practice, find a good job. It would be hard for them to go to school because of issues.

Dwaglett

If I could go back to a high school senior I would have took some college classes doing senior year and started classes that fall after graduation and not waited years later.

Lakeesha

Wayne County Community college Distirict made history in the state of Michigan this semester becoming the first school forced to close registration because of capacity being reached. In addition Wcccd is known for the many additional skills which can be achieved there. Such as, Ged, Highschool early enrollment, and summer classes for children.

The first thing I would say is dating can wait atleast until you get a bachelors degree. Even a healthy relationship can take your focus away from the time needed to perform well in college. In addition, remember money isn't everything and when your anxious to prove your ability to be able to survive on your own, it's so easy to become some overrated big company's mule. Lastly, education is simple what you put in is what you get out, so put every effort into succeeding and the outcome will be success.

The concerned instructors, who seem to take a direct interst in the hope they have of creating a better future. In addition the instructors challege each student to push themselves to the best of there ability. The education earned at this community college is definitely one that's made of a passion to survive adversity.

Christopher

Anyone who is quite unsure about college life, more so the classes. I was at that point when I first enrolled there.

I like to tell them about the small classrooms. Being someone who is shy, I thought the smaller classrooms were really good for me. It's also a good starting poting for those who don't know where to go, be it a fresh HS graduate or someone who's been out of school for years.

I would first tell myself to stop waiting around and get on the internet to look for scholarships! I'd also tell myself not to cut myself short on a class simpily because it's difficult or I don't like the subject (math in particular), and get it out the way earlier on. I reckon it'll be much easier to that way (for me anyways). Procrastination was a bad habit of mine in HS, and a rather hard one to break, so I would also tell myself to drop that habit ASAP as doing that in college is only ASKING for a world of stress! Lastly I would tell myself to stop cutting my education short by doing just enough to get by and go beyond what I think I'm able to, even if that means an extra hour or two away from the Playstation.

Danielle

The college of opportunitistic beginnings is knocking.

The college of opportunitistic beginnings is knocking.

Though I'm the star, my classmates are the best supporting actors.

I would say to myself, "Freshman year in college is the review of all high school learning experiences. You are going to revisit what you have learned, but what makes it college is that you gain so much more knowledge in so many different areas and apects." This would be to open my mind on the expectations of my first impresssion of college. I would also tell myself, "Go to college directly after graduation instead of following the trend of 'taking a break'. Once you become comfortable on your mini-vacation, its very easy to become distracted and even start to drift away from the idea of going back to school." One of the most important pieces of advice I could give myself would be to go into college with an open mind. "In college the decisions are yours entirely, you can chose your classes, choose your career path, most importantly choose your destiny." All in all I believe the message I will be getting across to myself is to go into college with the mindset that I can, and I will succeed in my educational journey.

George

I would convince myself of the nessisity of a good post-secondary education. That working in a mundane job day to day is not a life, it's just an existance. That working hard and getting good grades may at the time seem difficult, espically when your young and trying to raise a family, but in the end it will be well worth it to do something that you enjoy and very fullfilling to know that you've made a positive difference.

Eric

WCCCD honestly and truely cares about and stays true to their mission and vission statement. They empower individuals, businesses and communities to achieve their goals through excellent accessible services, culturally diverse experiences and globally competitive higher education and career advancement programs. I have been to numerous community college and have not even come close to the level of education and the level of character and care that each professor gives toward their students.

My senior year was the greatest year of my life so far. I was extremely active and extremely competive in sports but I wish I could say the same about my studies and my grades. I was a swimmer and a golfer. I made it easily to states in both sports. I had college coaches looking at me when I hit the golf ball and even more when I flew through the water. My swim coach was a Wayne State Universtiy alumni and teammate to the Men's swimming and diving team. The last meet of the season came and the coach from WSU had shown up to watch. After the meet he said there would be a spot on the team for me. I was more excited then I've ever been, week's later I got a letter in the mail saying I wasn't accepted because of my grades. Now year's later with much better grades, a 3.3 to be exact, I am now applying to WSU again. I am more mature and more grown up, I know what needs to be done, but I know my financials are not up to par. Thank you

WCCCD is such a great starting school, it's less expsenive then a 4 year university, because you're most certainly getting the same level of education and possibly even more if you put yourself out there. Each and every profressor is willing to work with you individually, they truely care about your education and not just a pay check. The quality of the education is much more superior then any 4 year college I believe. It's a great place to start to get your general education credits hands down. Wow what a great school for sure.

chrisitna

i consider the worst thing about my school is their is no cafetria like if you were in a university. They should have a cafertria in a community college and a variety of foods to choose from just besides subway, because thats not the only thing someone to eat everyday.

a person that is very intelligance and smart. a person that is ready for school ready to learn and have they mind set.

The advice that i would give my self that college is not like high school i have to foucus and study more harder because i am in a different atmoshere. the advice that i also would give my self even though that the road ahead may be getting harder i will always keep trying no matter what i go through. One thing i keep in my mind is never give up cause the mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Christopher

I woulds say to my self "college is a stepping stone to your career don't slack one bit but do your best in everything even the classes you dont like. Dont let outside distractions get in the way keep your eyes on the prize and no one can tell you that you can't do something or be some one great. Change is the effect that you bring about by certain useful actions."

My explaination of my school would have to be cheap, comfortable, enjoyable, a little challenging but not enough, great teachers for the most part, and a great start for most college students.

WCCCD is best known for their price of classes. Its not to expensive and if you still need help with paying for college they will help you with financial aid.

I would definitly tell myself to take a few advanced classes. It definitly would have prepared me a lot better for college. I would also tell myself that i need to study more and work harder to get A's. I graduated with a 3.3 but I wish it would have been better because college is no joke and you have to work hard if you want that good grade. My work ethic would have already been good, and I wouldn't have been so suprised when I finally got to college.

Most of the students are in their late twenty's, and very helpful if you need any help.

Wayne County Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.