Detroit, MI
Wayne County Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne County Community College District

Alicia

My classmates are people. The reason why I decided to refer to them as this is because they can not be described as one specific word. People can not be described in one word. I see the people who make the world go round in my class room. Mothers., fathers, grandmothers, sons, daughters, people who are single parents, taking care of their children, working and attending school. The people in a caste stystem who may be called peasants but these are the working class citizens who keep the world moving. Without them destruction will result.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to have better time management, apply for more scholarships, and apply to more schools. There were so many scholarships that I missed because I did not know how to manage my time. As of now I am doing those scholarships that I missed. I may not receive none but when I apply I do have a chance than not appying at all. As far as colleges I had my mind set on one university. I did get accepted but I refused to take out a loan. Applying to more colleges or universities would have incresed my chances of coming across a shool where it could have been free to attend. However, If I could go back I would still go to a community college because I learned so much in a smaller college setting. My social skills are better and I've discovered more about myself. Coming out of high school I was very introverted and basically was not enjoying life, all I knew was chool. Now with better time management I can do more.

Kristina

I would have told myself to pay attention and be present more so than I was. I would difinitely say pay attention on how to use computers and on how to take notes and ask questions. Not to spend so much time on being popular but instead focus on my studies. I would have enrolled in a daul- enrollment program so that I would have already had a sense of what college was going to be like. I would have listened to the encouaging words those professional speakers were telling me about. I wouldnt have been so naive on taking the four year scholarship at Wayne State all because I wanted to go away for school. I would have done more volunteer work and participation in high school.

I wish I had known how to study better. I wish that I known how to write a magnificient research paper and on how to do valuable research without jumping off the topic. I wish I had known how to be a better note taker and when to notice and recognize key points in a lecture. To be able to use programs on a computer better than what I know now,I would have paid more attention in computer lab in high school. To be able to know what type of questions to ask a professor when I need help.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the times that they schedule classes and having a different professor teaching two different classes. Many people work around their work schedule for school but at my school they either schedule classes to early or to late. With them doing that you can' t take the appropriate amount of classes that you want to which makes your college career an extended stay. Most people like me dont like to have two diferent professors because they both never teach the same which makes it harder to adapt to two different teaching methods.

Andrea

I would give myself more time to study and to set my priorities right. Keep a strong, don't let anyone influence you into doing anything that u have never done before. Get into an activity it'll help you. Most of all, take most of your time doing homework, studying, even if you don't have any homework, get with a study group. It is better to have more than one brain working.

The most fustrating thing about my school is not being able to have my books on time so by the time my classes start the books aren't there for me to be prepared for class.

My school is very helpful, the people are helpful and are very nice

LaPorsche

If I could go back in time to when i was a senior, i would have applied to so many scholarships and i wouldn't have made all of the mistakes i've made in highschool period. i would have been a much better student because i was really good, but not good enough. i would have choosen the right friends who would boost me up and help choose the right paths in life. i would have studied way more than i did in my senior year. Even though i graduated with a 3.2 G.P.A, i still could have done better. Oh! I would have listened to my parents more when they told me over and over again to look at scholarships because they would get me in the college i wanted to go to. Sometimes i actually wished there was a time machine to where I could go back in time and relive my life.I would have changed a lot of things in my life period but i do not regret anything because i love who i am now. Sometimes you have to experience things and bump your head to realize real life. Choose Me.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who just want to stand around and socialize in the hall way. There are a lot of students here at wayne county community district and most of them really want an education so that we can recieve our degrees and succeed in life. Most people just come around within six weeks. Others are around because they have nothing else to do. So if your not the kind of person who is willing to become someone/somebody in the near future, this is not the school you should attend.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of money that i have had to sacrifice this year to finish my education. I could not get financial aid this year and when i had found that out, it caused me to start saving up my money that i've earned working this summer job. My family had to save up money so that i could attend school. This bothers me at times to the point where it shows in my grades. I do my best so that i could continue to keep going and recieve my associates degree.

Candise

The best thing about WCCCD is the small classes. The teachers get to know you by name and are there to help you individually if you need it. Also the fact that it is inexpensive is a great help if you are paying for college yourself!

The most frustrating thing about WCCCD is that when you are trying to get a hold of a counselor or a financial aid advisor, it can be extremely difficult, especially at the down town campus. The worst is when you are trying to find out what classes you should be taking to graduate and none of them have time for you.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would first give high school me a hug and tell her that everything is going to work out wonderfully. I would then tell myself that paying for college is a lot harder then we first thought but to remember that the government can reposes everything BUT your education, so don?t hesitate when it comes to those student loans. Also I would tell high school me how to go about getting third party student loans to make up for what our parents can?t pay, even though FASFA thinks they can. Moreover I would tell her that when she was thinking about transferring to a four year college to apply to more than one and to look into scholarships at all that she applied at. I would let myself know that study habits are key, and that she won?t get good grades if she doesn?t study and read the material. The last thing I would tell high school me is to enjoy college when she gets there, and not to stress about the little things.

Cristina

The professors are down-to-Earth and the classes are laid back.

The professors are down-to-Earth and the classes are laid back.

I would tell myself to keep focused on the important things in life rather than material friends. College is important and without it you can go nowhere in life. Stay positive and true to yourself. Within 10 years you will become a great forensic pathologist so dont worry about the small stuff. You are a great person and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

My school is very multicultural and extremely friendly.

Wayne County Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.