Hattiesburg, MS
William Carey University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend William Carey University

isaiah

my classmates are fun acting, sociable, focus students tend to there work but also know how to have fun.

stay more focus at times. fun is always going to be there but education is something that you want to get out the way. it all comes down to one thing. school is something that a person is bless to attend, dont take if for granted. college is a life of experience that you will get to experience but control is the key. have a list of goals, plan a, plan b, and plan c. cause you never know how your future predict.

a person with to goal of succeeding and having long term plans. this is a great invirnement to be in and things around here is great. people who are spoken and have big plans should attend here.

Victoria

I would tell myself to be more focused. I didn't have to study in high school it all came to me so easy so i would tell myself you will have to study hard and this is a whole new ball game from high school. You will experience new things some good and some bad u will become a nerd and get mad when you get a B on a test instead of an A. I would tell myself to be more outgoing and more expressive to get out of my shell and enjoy my colege years.

The best things about William Carey are the teachers and the advisors, They show that they care not just with school but outside of the school walls.

That they didnt have a Social Work program we need more programs like this at this school.

Melody

William Carey is a great school for those with strong Christian values or those pursuing a church or ministry-related vocatio...

William Carey is a great school for those with strong Christian values or those pursuing a church or ministry-related vocation.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to prepare more for college. I ended up not having enough money to cover my costs of the school year, but couldn't hold down a job because of adjusting to the new environment and focusing on studies. This was a problem for my family, as they had to make up the difference, and I felt guilty about their having to spend the money. I would also tell myself to prepare more for studying. High school was easy, and the first trimester of college was easy. The second trimester, however, was not quite so easy. I actually had to study for one of my courses, and studying is a skill that is not stressed much in high school. I would tell myself the main difference between college and high school: high school is about memorization, but college is about LEARNING. I would advise myself not to wait till the last minute. But most of all if I could go back, I would stress the importance of being financially prepared.

Students who are strong Christians, interested in religion, pursuing religious studies, or want a positive learning environment should attend William Carey University.

Briana

I have learned that there is more to life than just a social life and going out and partying. At William Caey, you learn that there is somethig much more to living. Here you gain knowledge on just about every subject, and even f you do not believe inGod, you learn things about him that makes you trust him more and more every day. Here, you gain friends for life, great expericenses that is embeeded in your memory, and meetamazing people you will never forget. The university opens your eyes to different cultures and the needy around you Going to this college makes you appreciate life.

The worst thing about this university is the cost to take courses an live on campus. Since it is a private school, it is very expensive.

This school is culturally and racially diverse, anyone and everyone is welcomed to this Christian University. Our school theme this year is to serve and not to be severed, so there is no particular student that should not attend this school. Academically, thi s school will work with anyone, finically, someone might have a problem.

Sandra

College has been wonder so far. I have gotten a higher self-esteem and encouragement from all of my advisors that even at 42 I can still do this thing called college.

Wish they had somewhere for a person to work out.

Brandy

My school is best known for being a private christian university.

My school is best known for being a private christian university.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the first thing I would tell myself was to start taking the ACT/SAT as early as possible. I think that is the only place I went wrong when preparing for college I waited until the last minute to take the ACT/SAT. The next thing I would tell myself was to study even harder and improve my work ethic. College, especially my school, is very self reliant. If you do not study or do the work no one is going to make sure you get it done. You have to go to class even if you do not want to as take as many notes as possible. And finally I would warn myself as a high school senior to just enjoy college and all it has to offer. Yes you have to work and study hard but college has a lot of fun and great experiences out there just waiting for you to enjoy.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that we are on a faster pace than the rest of the colleges in our state. Instead of semesters we complete trimesters or 10 weeks of school, at a time. To me that is a little too fast to learn and actually retain the information learned.

Audra

They are extremely nice, kind, caring, helpful, and not as judgemental as one may think they would be; my classmates are the epitomy of the person I would like to become one day, slow to anger and quick to be as helpful as one can be in different scenerios.

Research as much as possible. Plan ahead, plan ahead, plan ahead and don't waste your time at a community college if your going to end up at a university, skip all the wasted time, money, and energy; and go directly after what it is that you want.

One of the most frustrating things is also one of my most favorite things about the school. The most frustrating thing is that the building that I will be spending most of my time in is directly across the street from the main campus. Between classes I have to run back in forth across a busy neighborhood road. It can be scary with cars zooming by with out a care about the college students on the side of the road, but it is very rewarding to be isolated away from the main campus, it has its pros and cons.

Azea

Azea college isnt all about going to the TOP schools in the nation. Or trying to satisfy everyones preference of what school you should attend. Its not just about partying, freedom, and guys either. Its about finding yourself as a person. Making mistakes and learning from them. Dont ever be afraid to fail, because in life you will fail. Success comes into play when you learn how to overcome your obstacles and stand on your own two feet. I say this because the school you will attend your freshman year isnt the school you will graduate from. The major you intended on pursuing isnt the major you will graduate with. Community colleges are not just for the students who "BARELY" graduate from highschool. They are also for students like yourself. Students who have to leave a four college because they cant afford it financially. Dont be scared by what I am saying because its all part of a journey. As a result you find your hearts desire, your passion. Life is what you make it ,"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. "

I am currently enrolled at a community college. So my advice would be for a student that needs assistance financially, loves the idea of a small class, and wants to gain personal relationships with its professors a community college is the best fit for that student. Community colleges are very managable routes to take to obtain a degree at a faster pace or to complete your pre-requisites for a certain major without the hassle of "breaking the bank".

The most fustrating thing about my school would have to be that there is only a limited amount of courses offered in the summer. I also dislike that to enter into their nursing program you must apply for either the fall or spring semester and must pass the nurse entrance exam. I feel you should be judged based on your gpa and not a standarized test. You should also be able to take nursing courses in the summer so you wont have to wait a whole semester, if you prefer to complete your degree at a faster pace.

Mary

William Carey is alive with students dedicated to their school-work and their God as well as their individuality.

Being a baptist college this school is best known for its religion degrees. I personally heard of William Carey from my youth pastor who is an Alum. Other than religion, the careers with fine arts are prized here, especially music therapy and teaching.

Hey, Mary, having a good day? Well, I caught a ride with Dr. Who to tell you a couple of things for college. First, stop your addiction to coffee because it is much more effective when you have not built up an immunity to it. Second, get off Facebook. I know it's fun to take all the little quizzes and to stalk guys, but in about one year they're going to create this application called Farmville; homework is much more important. Third, when you get frustrated, don't eat sugar, leave. Go to the beach instead. Now, I know you like to read, but you don't need all two hundred books in your dorm room; there's not enough space. Also, your first year at college is not going to be nearly as hard as you think so get involved with stuff outside of studying. Learn to go to bed at a decent hour. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day don't skip it or class. Anyway, the good doctor and I must leave now. Toodles!

Vanessa

I go to a Vocational College and its known for its medical and nursing programs.

I would tell myself to go to a community college first and get the Associates degree in Medical Lab Technologiesand then go to University of Southern Mississippi to get your Bachelors Degree in it. And finally attend William Carey College for Pre-Med to prepare to go to Medical School. I would be a bit more knowing of what classes to take and will have a good job while continuing my education.

I can not say who should or should not attend school. Anyone can attend it does nnot matter who what you are.

William Carey University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.