Wilmington, OH
Wilmington College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wilmington College

Katy

Any student that wants to be involved and grow as a person should attend this school. If you want to become passionate about things and do community service for people and causes that you care about then attend this school. They teach you the importance of growing passionate about things. I think that is one of the most important things that you can learn about.

The Wi-Fi. They are constantly trying to get a server that works but it never seems to work. I think they're trying to fix it though.

Jamie

“Don’t get discouraged when your Modern Dance teacher tells you you’re discombobulated. Your tendency to think electives (like dance) are easy A’s will be proven untrue; sometimes the classes you thought would be a breeze end up being your biggest challenges. Don’t let it get to you. It’s easy to feel like you want to give up and don’t care, especially if you have a teacher who uses methods you’re not used to, but in college you have to care. No one will be there looking over your shoulder, checking to see if you’ve completed all the assignments by the due date. College is a place where you get to take responsibility for your own actions. From this point on, your life has a lot to do with the choices you make, so consider your decisions well. Discouragement can be natural part of transitioning to college life, but if you’re clever enough you can use that ‘I can’t’ attitude to propel yourself forward. The most rewarding things in life come from accomplishing what you never thought you could. Even discombobulated people can get A’s when they aim for it.”

Rayya

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, the most important advice I would give myself would be to get good grades. I know this may sound like a no-brainer, but this advice wouldn’t be so much for the academic side; this advice would be more for the eligibility to be involved on campus. There were many things I wanted to do while in college that I couldn’t because of my GPA never being as high as it should be. I missed out on the chance to be President of a club I participated in for 3 years. I also missed the chance to be one of the first members to pledge a new chapter of a historically black Sorority on a predominately white campus; that was a huge deal. But the biggest thing that my GPA kept me from was being an RA (residence assistance). If I had a good enough GPA to be an RA, the cost of living would have been significantly reduced for me, thus giving me the opportunity to live on campus my last semester, something I was unable to do because I couldn’t afford it.

The worst thing about Wilmington College was the food. The dining options were always the same options (pizza, burgers and fries, salad, chinese food). The take out was always the same (salads or cold sandwiches, fruit, and pudding or jello). Even the alternate dining option started to serve the same things.

The most frustrating thing about Wilmington College was the rural area that it was located in. The surrounding restaurants closed at 10pm, which meant students had nothing to eat if they didn't have food to eat in their rooms already. Also, Walmart was kind of far from everything else and they didn't have certsin restaurants that you'd see in the city like Chipotle, Pennstation, White Castle...

Cecile

When I quit high at 16, that mistake affected my future immensly. Until I had the opportunity to finally go back to school at 42 , I was insecure with people, I had dead-in jobs, and acted shy. At 42 my life changed forever. I remarried to a great man and I had the opportunity to attend ACC-Austin. It was not easy at first. I had to take (7) math dev. courses just to pass college level Algebra. I did it. Then a couns. suggested I see a ADD Dr. because of my testing skills. I did and had severe ADD. My grades went from D's & F's to A's & B's with meds. I loved learning at ACC. The kids in my classrooms were so smart. They treated me with so much respect and really helped me with getting the info I needed. I enjoyed the smaller classes, and the good attention you get from the Profs., and I really miss those wonderful students. I am so secure today and feel so forfilled in my life. I also read the paper daily just to keep up with the world. I thank ACC for my new life.

Katelyn

I live on campus and get to experience so much. When I first arrived at Wilmington College, I didn?t know anyone. Now, it has come to the end of my freshman year and I have many friends. I am in a sorority and many organizations. I have experienced the 7:45 am class and it was during a pledge season. I had to get up early every day for a month and getting maybe 5 hours of sleep. I would not change anything or do anything differently. I would still live on campus because you don?t miss out on anything. I have been lucky to miss the fire alarms to go off at one in the morning but these are experiences you only get in college. When you live on campus, you get a little more freedom from your parents to do things your way. You set your bed time and you get up when you want to. Although more freedom does mean more responsibility but I have learned to love this freedom. I?m on my own and loving every experience that I can take in.

If you ask anyone on campus what they think of the cafeteria food, most people have the same opinion. My opinion just happens to be the same as the majorities. The cafeterias' food (also called TOP food) is probably one of the worst things on campus. The food isn't awful, it could be better. The only time the food seems to be really good is when you are really hungry or there are tours or parents on campus and the people preparing the food know this. The students remain on campus despite the food.

Wilmington College is a Quaker college and is a private college. A person who can't afford the cost of a private college, wants to attend a college with a larger student body, and doesn't like the fact that Wilmington College is a Quaker college shouldn't attend Wilmington College. Although Wilmington College is a small college, the student body is amazing at sporting events and social events.

Matthew

My classmates and peers are very diverse and all come to college from different backgrounds and for different reasons.

First off, I would tell myself to really not procrastinate, because the workload increases. On that same note, I would also tell myself that most college classes really aren't all that difficult. Another piece of advice I would give myself is that college class sizes (at least at Wilmington) are nothing to freak out about. I feel like my professors here actually know a bit about who I am, even if I haven't spoken to them personally outside of class. A third piece of advice I would give myself is to be more open-minded. Since college, I have met so many different kinds of people from many different backgrounds. Fortunately, I have learned to accept them alll! A final piece of advice that I would give myself is that college changes people, sometimes for the better or the worst. I know that I have changed a lot in just my 1 1/4 semesters here at Wilmington College. Since college, I have learned to become more independent, made great friends, and got baptised in the Holy Spirit at a recent collage youth group retreat. In conclusion, college has made me stronger in all aspects of my life!

I wished I would have known that college classes do not meet every day. I also wished I would have known that college classes really aren't that hard!

Audrey

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd tell myself to develop good, consistent study habits. Time management is very important in college because there is no one there to hold your hand and tell you when to do your work; you are on your own. I love this independence, but I have seen many of my fellow students struggle with it. I would also tell myself not to be involved in everything. Pick a few issues or activities that you are truly passionate about and put 100% into them. Don't worry about what others think of you; be yourself, and be a unique individual. Be proud of your differences because that is what will make people notice you, both in applying for colleges, and in applying for opporuities once you're in college.

The worst thing about the school is the cafeteria food.

I brag about the classes I am taking and the professors I have. The professors here are very friendly and personable. They challenge us. My school also hosts awesome events like the Westheimer Peace Symposium and gives us many opportunities to hear speakers dealing with important issues in today's world.

Britainy

When I was a high school senior, I was very worried about not reaching my goal of becoming a neurosurgeon and not getting along with my roommate. If I was to go back in time, then I would tell myself, "Stop worrying, silly! Wilmington has a 80% sucess rate of getting their pre-med students into medical schools. And a 75% rate of getting their pre-med students into Ohio State University's Medical school. Plus, Wilmington has an AMSA (American Medical Student Asscoiation) chapter." And when talking about roommates, I would tell myself, "Wilmington does a very good job of matching roommates up. You and Ashley (my roommate) are so alike, it's scary. So have fun with it!" If I was told that when I was a senior, I probably would have enjoyed my senior year more.

I wish I would have known how easy the admission process was for Wilmington. When I applying I was applying to three schools. The other two schools' admission process was really long and complicated. Wilmington's was so easy, that I was able to understand what was going on every step of the way. And even though it's a private school, it turned out to be cheaper then going to a public school.

Like every school, you have the kids that get there then don't do anything. The good news is that there is not a lot of these people, and there are plenty of help for those who struggle.

Cassandra

I would prevent myself from making the decisions to take a few years off before enrolling in college courses. By taking two years off following my high school graduation and waiting until 2010 to enroll in Southern State Community College-North Campus, I have hindered some of my academic awareness. Had I not taken the time off, things I had learned in highschool would still be fresh in my memory and I wouldn't be struggling as much in my assigned courses.

If I could travel back in time, I would give myself age old advice: worry less and enjoy the moment. I would tell myself that Wilmington College is the right choice for me, and not to be worried if I am at first overwhelmed by all of the activities at orientation. I would also tell myself not to worry if it takes a while to make friends, because ultimately the people who have the same work ethic and values that I cherish will find me, and that they will become good friends. I would also tell myself to maintain confidence and know that everything works out. Furthermore, I would let myself know that the workload will not be much different than high school and that I will get good grades (a 4.0 average) as long as I continue to work hard. Ultimately, my advice to myself would be to allow myself to be open with others.

The worst thing about my school is how far away the art department is. It is not a part of the main campus, and I was not told how far away it was.

Someone who wants to "blend into the woodwork" shouldn't attend this college. A lot of individual attention is given, and it is very community-based.

Wilmington College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.