Alfred, NY
Alfred University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alfred University

B.

You may not be able to find a school that feels like it is the best fit. Find a school that is similar to your interests and needs. You will find a way to make it fit. The most important thing to have is the right facilities to do what you want. If you can do what you want at school then you will be more satisfied and be able to make that place home. Once your there be open and outgoing. Saying hi to everyone as you move into dorms or your living situation really helps to meet new people and let the community know that you are an open and interresting person. Try to spend as little time in your room. Dorms on all campuses tend to be a little depressing when you spend too much time in them. Get out into the community and meet people.

k.

students: don't let anyone force your decision when you choose where to go to school--sometimes your gut instinct is the right choice. you have to choose a college where you feel welcomed but challenged, where you fit in but aren't just one of the crowd. college is primarily about learning about yourself: who you are, who you want to be, what you could be; how you interact with people and how you should or could interact with them; how the world can shape you and how you want to let it. you should come out of college feeling like you know who you are--but not necessarily what you want to do with your life.

somone open to new experiences and new people

raymond

My advice to students about picking the right college is go and visit. You get a different feel from each college that you will either love or hate. I do not know where the feeling comes from, the buildings, the students, the faculty, they are all different. You must also choose a school based on your extra curricular activities because they are what make your college experience exciting. I am on the varsity swim team. As fun as homework is, I could not wait to get back in the pool and work my body after I had worked my brain all day. When you go on a college visit, meet as many people as you can and ask them why they choose the college and why they like it. If their answers match what you are looking for, you have found the right place. Now it is up to you to make the most of your college life by meeting people and having fun. Good luck!

small school, because you get to know everyone and everyone gets to know you, students eachers, everyone

that they had 4 credit humanties classes not 3 credit

Sharee

When choosing a college, there are many issues that come up. A lot of students look at what schools specialize in their chosen field of study. Some people base their decision on what university their friends will be attending or the college(s) that their parents graduated from. However, I think it's important to note that not very many of us end up graduating with the degree we thought we would at age 18, and virtually none of us have the exact same talents and career goals as our parents or best friends. So my advice is simply this: visit the school AT LEAST once. Get a feel for the overall environment, as opposed to just the department you (or your family/peers) are interested in, because that will probably change, but the attitude of the place most likely will not. Consider the other aspects of this decision: location, for one. Distance from home and from major cities, as well as climate. More things to think about include class size, diversity, on and off-campus housing, and ease of student involvement. Whatever you do, don't stress about it too much: college will do nothing but open your eyes!

The fact that individualism encouraged.

Christopher

When choosing the right college, the most important thing is to choose a college that reminds the student most of their own high school. I went to a small school where I knew everyone in my class and the town was just as small. That is why when I chose Alfred University, it is because it had that small town atmosphere that I grew up around. Small colleges like this give a student an oppurtunity to get the help they may need during a class. The small classes allow the student to have a one on one connection with the professor if they need the assistance with the material in class. But once you choose the right college, the most important thing is to get involved with extracurricular activities and make true connections, because it took me four years to realize that my time here is short and I need to enjoy every minute of it. College gave me a different perspective on life, so all I can say is just enjoy every minute you have at college, because there is nothing like it once your gone.

The best thing about alfred is that I can walk through campus and know more than half of the people that walk by me. I also like the fact that when i go out on the weekend, the party scenes are no more than a 1/4 mile away.

The weather here gets very nasty during the winter months and starts to become depressing with how cold and dark it gets early in the year. Then when the snow comes it feels just horrible. But the spring months around here counterbalance it when it starts to warm up. It's just all about getting through the winter.

Alanna

We don'r have frats so hazing applies to everyone

We don'r have frats so hazing applies to everyone

The awesome people I hang out with, the amazing opportunities with world famous professors and the peace

Kelly

My advice for students would be to pick a school that fits them. Make sure its the right size for you considering class sizes, community, and interaction with professors. Also for students, make sure to make the most of your college time. Do all your homework and work hard but don't forget to make time for making friends and hanging out. Have a social life and work hard to learn as much as possible for your career. Lastly for students, try to get involved in as many clubs and organizations as possible that you're interesting in and try new things. It looks good on resumes and its something fun you can do to meet people and relax. For parents, my advice would be to let your young adults be young adults. Let them have their new life and freedom and don't try to still run their lives. Help them when they need help but don't control their new found freedom. Make sure they're happy and safe and financially well off to start a new part of their life.

That my undergraduate studies would mostly be about psychological theories and not application of skills. How much work my graduate work would be.

there are few good entertaining teachers that can keep your attention and help you learn easier. they all just want to talk at us and we get very bored and dont learn much.

Meagan

My classmates are all individuals and most of them are hard working amzing people.

The artisic community and vibe in Alfred is one of a kind.

Take your time to research a school and don't just pick a major to pacify your parents, take what you're excited to learn. You'll be happier in the end.

Teresa

I believe that the students should tour a wide variety of colleges, to get a general idea of the campus they will essentially call home for the next several years. Once you find that college, return several times before the start of the school year to double and triple check that this college fits all your needs and wants. A majority of the time, if the students do not take tours, or visit the school, they will not know what to expect from the school and the surrounding community, and will be dissappointed. Choosing a school is a very personal experience, one of the most important decisions that I've made in my life so far. Once you have found that school, and have applied, gotten accepted, and enrolled; I believe that becoming involved on campus is a very important aspect of the college experience. Many adults that I have talked to that attended college have found lifelong friends at their college, and are very glad they participated in the activities they did. College was a large building block in helping them become who they are today.

The best thing about Alfred University is the community. It is a small campus, which was a perfect transition for me. My graduating class was smaller than 100 students, and I think I would have been too overwhelmed with a large campus. The class sizes are usually small, which allows the professors to closely interact with the students, and form a personal relationship with them. I prefer that over the very impersonal teachers that I observed when I toured other campuses, and they called roll near the end of the semester, and still did not know everyone in the class.

I speak mostly about the courses, the professors, and the variety of activities on campus. This school has many different studios available to give the students a wide variety of experiences to learn from. The professors really make time for the students, and bring a lot of outside material to class, and go above and beyond the teachers in other schools. There are many different activities to entertain all different types of people, from intramural sports, to art activities, concerts, to a very wide variety of student-based clubs.

Alfred University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.