Ave Maria University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ave Maria University

Claire

Ave Maria is full of thriving, faith-filled individuals whose love of life emanates into their actions and words. They always pass you with a smile and say hello or ask how your day is going, sometimes complete strangers! And it's amazing how many meaningful discussions happen within seconds of a conversations- everyone is extremely reasonable and open!

Meghan

I love Ave Maria University. The culture and atmosphere is amazing. You get to make deeper connection with people through faith, academics, sports and more. You really become a family here. One thing that is tough is the surrounding area does not provide much to do. We still have a lot of fun and it is easy to make fun with your friends,but it might require a 40 minute drive to naples. I am on the soccer team and love it. The team culture is great too!

Ave Maria University is best described as a unique and selfless environment that allows you to focus and complete your studies with many different amenities available. Although this may sound like any other University, this amazing school has so many diverse volunteer opportunities and mission trips that allows everyone in the community to come together and make a difference! Just hearing about everyone’s life-changing experiences motivated me to join the movement. Aside from being apart of the busy Gyrenes' volleyball team, I tried to help as much as I could in my free time. This mostly consisted of organizing rather than participating but it felt good to work together with the Ave community and help in any way possible. This astounding University is overlooked because of its location but is completely well rounded and consists of many obliging resources and professors who go out of their way to help. All of my professors assist me academically but most of all, they take the role as a mentor for many student companions and myself. My biology lab teacher, Professor Feger, has a special place in my heart because he attentively listened to my struggles and helped me come up with ways to conquer them. This support, not only from my family but also from the Ave community, pushes me to be the best that I can be, which is a great feeling to have. This journey has ultimately brought me closer to God and moves me to help others in any way possible.

Nathaniel

Very religious and self righteous Catholic school that is made up of home schooled and catholic private schooled prejudice kids and administration.

Alan

Ave Maria University is a great school overall. It is very family oriented and make me feel at home. The students are easy to make friends with and I can keep my faith with God here because they encourage it at our school and it is what makes our bonds stronger not only with sports teams, students, professors, or RA's , but everyone.

Really great school if you are close to your faith. Student go to mass daily and their life is centered around religion. Every class at the university has a link to religion in a way and prayer as prayed in every class. Professors have time to explain and have time to help you improve in any classes. This is a very small town with nothing to do but go to mass and do homework. Social events are not the best favored among many students especially those who went to public school all their life. It takes 45 minutes to get to any store or place in Naples for real fun and adventures. No night life or college life really. There is to sports bars in town and one tropical smoothie in the center of town.

megan

Ave Maria University is a wonderful college settled in a small town. One of the cons I see at Ave is that the community is small making the accessibility to stores outside of a Publix is difficult. The college itself is overall wonderful and there is such a wonderful community feel.

Maria

It has a great mission and education program, and is located in a beautiful area, but the sports program needs work and students need to be creative when trying to find things to do for fun. Ave is gorgeous, but it is far away from anywhere else so if students don't have a car there is bound to be boredom.

Caitlyn

The school has good dorms compared to most others. Academics are very challenging and keep you busy. Many lectures and events offered weekly. Athletics are becoming a huge thing and are doing very well. Cafeteria needs some work, but they are working on changing it.

Sandra

Ave Maria University is a great school. Its small so everything it within walking distance, which is nice. The people are really friendly and the class sizes are not that bad. So far I enjoy attending school here. I play soccer here and they make me feel welcomed. If you're somebody who likes a small university, Ave Maria is for you.

katy

My overall opinion about Ave Maria University is a place I would call home if I was accepted there. Students interacted nicely and everybody seemed to connect. It seemed like a homey place to be and there were lots of different activities and sports to choose from. I need scholarship money to get there!

Marissa

I believe that Ave Maria University is the perfect school for me due to its Catholic faith, small class sizes, and the professor's being very nice and highly accessible. Everyone that I have met is very nice and I made much more friends than I ever had in high school.

Cecilia

Ave Maria University creates a unique, welcoming environment to all types of students, of all walks of life. AMU's goal is to educate students in a professional setting that will enable success upon graduating. Ave has a vibrant Catholic culture, which is wonderful. The professors are great (for the most part) and truly want what is best for their students and want them to succeed. Although Ave is in the middle of nowhere, we always find stuff to do around here.

James

This school is terrible. This is due to the poor academics and the boredom this school inflicts on students.

James

Avoid this school. The food is worse than the academics