Paramus, NJ
Bergen Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bergen Community College

Fixed  rate loan

Violetta

My classmates are a mixed bunch of people coming from different backgrounds, levels of education, nationalities, and ages.

My school is best known for giving a quality education on a budget.

Don't be affraid of what the future may bring, go for your dreams. Everything is possible, as long as you try it. People offen assume that they are limited, or not good at certain things and subjects. However, as long as you push yourself, and never give up, you may be surprised what is within your reach. I gave up on my dreams and hopes early on due to my child's illness, but I realized recently that no matter what tragedies happen in your life, you should always remember about your self, and your dreams. Life is full of surprises, just be open to all possibilities.

i would of told myself to do alot better in highschool and not take it as a joke. id tell myself to make sure you are completely sure of what you want to do after high school and NEVER tell yourself you cant....apply to as many colleges as you can....

ive had a bad expierence with this college i applied for the Education major and now im almost about to graduate and when i went to a transfer counsuler she told me that none of my education credits are going to transfer becuase i have an AAS degree...well i didnt know there was a difference. and she told me that montclair wont take them and she gave me a whole list of classes i should be taking besides all the ones i took and if i go by that list ill be in bergen forever!

personally i think that no one should go to a community college. yes its cheaper but wth what i said above it all adds up! or if someone is looking into a community college make sure you you have a major and all your credits are transferable...in other words be prepared!

For a community college, BCC is a very good school.

For a community college, BCC is a very good school.

My advice to my younger self would be to have some patience. At that age, my mindset was to do as little school as possible so I could start working full-time and make money as soon as possible. So instead of going to college, I tried to cut corners by going to a 10 month trade school. Let?s just say that the only thing I have to show from going to that school is a large school bill, for which I am still trying to pay. Having a college degree is invaluable. Most companies will choose an individual with a degree over someone with experience. If I would have been able to warn myself about these facts, I could have saved myself a lot of time and money.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is a 2 year college and many people do not take 2 year colleges seriously.

First of all you need to work extremely hard in high school to maintain your gpa in order to be elligible for grants and money for college. If your are not already, you will need to become a self starter. No one is going to hold your hand at college or walk you through difficult situations, you will be on your own and will need to rely on your own ability and instincts to see you through. Having said all that, the college experience is wonderful. You will be meeting new people, making lifelong friends and even establishing bonds with your teachers. Learn to relax, study hard and enjoy. Your will end up looking back at these college years as some of the best times of your life.

I wish i knew what my parents have lived through and how much they want me and my sister to have easier lives, which is why they always encourage us to study and maintain our gpa's. I realize now that through hard work and getting good grades i will eventually obtain my goal to teach special needs children. I plan on staying focused and reaching my goal someday and making my parents proud.

i brag about how easy the teachers are to talk to and how their really concerned about our welfare. I also brag about the various mentoring programs and tutoring programs available. There is absolutely no room for failure with all the opportunity for help available. I love my school and it is a great stepping stone for me before I attend university.

Know your purpose. Know what you are doing and why. Set and determine your goals. Have a plan. Failing to plan is planning to fail. Existing in a planless state equates to a ship at sea with no course. Having a plan and life purpose focuses your intent in a laser beam-like fashion, since of course the mind is the most powerful force in the universe. Anything is possible. Have not only a life purpose, but purpose in general. Ask yourself, "Why am I doing this?" Intend to not waste any tme. Life is short, with much to do and plenty of people to help. Place every other distraction OUT of your focus and KEEP at it. WILLPOWER is CRITICAL. With a plan at hand, EXECUTE. The goal is the highest aspiration, but just a goal is useless with no ACTION. Focus every cell in your body to ACT. GET UP and DO it. Again, willpower is key. Fear does NOT exist, "false evidence appearing real". It's in the mind and anything made can be unmade. Because if you have a (clear) plan of action, and action, you will be UNSTOPPABLE. The sky is the limit. Good luck!

Those who know why they are there, and diligently are working towards it.

Those who do not know their purpose there.

Chris

prepare for tests better. try to avoid senioritis. dont take your friendship with your fellow seniors for granted. and try to make more contacts

Bergen Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.