Carlinville, IL
Blackburn College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Blackburn College

Paige

My overall opinion over Blackburn College is that it is a great school and helps kids get a job within a month after they leave. The teachers are really understanding and help out a student anytime. The faculty is always making sure that you're okay and if you need any help, they're to guide or assist in anyway. With my first time visiting, their were so many students and faculty there meeting and greeting me. They made me feel like Blackburn was a home. It didn't seem like I was just at a school. The students gave me a private tour and helped with any questions that I had. Blackburn College is an excellent college and I would recommend it to anyone.

Rayanne

Blackburn College is the perfect fit for me. I recently transferred here from a community college in Godfrey, Illinois. Community colleges and pretty small, but Blackburn is even smaller and that is something I like in a school. I went to a small high school, so the atmosphere is something I really enjoyed and got lucky enough to find at Blackburn as well. When it comes to academics, they have a wide variety of options. The courses offered here at Blackburn are never ending. One major component of the academic aspect is the professors, which are outstanding. I have only been here one semester but the amount of help my professors provided was great. I like one-on-one help if needed and none of them have failed to provide me with that. The faculty and staff here truly care about your success. Another thing that makes Blackburn very different is the fact that it is a work program college. This meaning that most of the staff and workers here at Blackburn are students, even the management. This work program is required for on-campus students but is optional for commuting students like me. The work program is a great thing for students to experience because it helps teach responsibility, priority, and time management. It helps improve work ethic, communication skills, and experience. I participated in this program last semester and it does take time and effort, but it is very rewarding. Blackburn overall is a great school. There is a variety of options for a major, various courses, flexible and available teachers, supportive advisors, friendly staff, great resources, and a safe environment. I recommend Blackburn College to anyone who likes the atmosphere of a small school with lots of one-on-one help.

Blackburn is a unique college experience that is fantastic. Small school situated in a small town, and the work college program keeps costs manageable while providing the life experiences that employers require. Every employer I interviewed with after college was intrigued by my experience, and I was offered almost every job I interviewed for.

Bailee

It is an amazing school. It gives students many opportunities, so there is something for everyone. It is a small, private school, so everyone knows everyone, and there is never a dull moment on campus. Everyone is so friendly, and there is always something to do. If you want something small with great opportunities, Blackburn is for you.

Joseph

I greatly appreciate Blackburn. The class sizes are small and they allow better relationships between students and professors. The staff there are excellent at helping students focus on their studies. It is a wonderful experience and I wish to keep attending there.

Rob

I would recommend Blackburn to anybody. We are a work college and for most majors, we have opportunities that are unparalleled. Psych major? Peer Counseling position. Accounting major? Business office employee. Marketing major? Assistant to Alumni Fundraising position. Leadership major? 12 work departments that require managers, assistant managers, and also the to General Managers that manage the entire Work Program at Blackburn. If you want real experience and an incredible resume, come to Blackburn.

Sam

Well, it is a liberal arts college so I guess the stereotype would be more of an artsy type of person. I'm not sure if I can agree or disagree with this stereotype.

Seems to be any athletic group. I was originally recruited to play on the baseball team, but truthfully, I hate it here, and I am going to transfer after just one semester.

In my opinion, very odd. The acceptance rate of the school is very high, so the campus seems flooded with people that seemed to barely graduate from high school.

Very small class size. Most professors seem passionate about teaching and will interact with the students.

Allison

My advice to my high school senior self is simple: get involved in your school, join clubs, participate in campus activiites, and get out there and meet people! Of course when you play sports you know your teammates, but reach beyond sports. Don't pigeon hole yourself into one facet of campus life like you did in highschool. Stretch yourself and try new things. Volunteering is something you have never tried and it can be very rewarding. I am now the president for our campus' Habit for Humanity chapter and have even spoken at a national meeting. Now that looks good on a resume! Plus, we go to Florida every Spring Break to build a house with another chapter. I joined a youth group and have found a lot of people there I enjoy spending time with because we have the same values. Don't worry, you will find you are so busy with sports, school, work, and volunteering that there isn't any time to miss home. You will come to love your school as your second home and all your friends are just down the hall from your room!

A person who wants to be fully engaged in all of their school and extra curricular activities. A person who wants their professors to know who they are and a person who wants to contribute not only to the college but to the community. Blackburn students have a mandatory work program of 10hours/week that is applied to the final tuition cost. A person attending Blackburn should have a strong work ethic.

We are a very small Division 3 school and it is hard to attract high performing athletes.

Marissa

If I could go back and give my high-school self advice about the transition from high school to college, I would definitely tell myself to not be a hermit. There are so many opportunities to get to know a wide range of people on campus. I would tell myself not to go home every weekend; but, to stay and enjoy campus life. I would also tell myself that for the first couple weeks that I was in my dorm room to keep my door open whenever I was in my room. I would also have to tell myself not to be afraid to raise my hand and say that I didn't understand something.

The Work Program. It was such a great learning experience for me. I loved working in different departments and really finding my niche at the school.

The professors really do know who their students are and will contact a student if he/she misses more than 2 days. They are very invested in the students.

Brian

I would tell myself to really gear up and focus on school work and not to take a year off after high school. Nothing ever worth anything comes easy, so work my butt off for the next four years so I can earn my degree and hopefully find a teaching job as soon as possible.

Someone who wants to get a work experience while getting an education since we are only one of seven work colleges in the United States.

Blackburn College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.