Bluffton University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bluffton University

evan

Great university especially if you’re looking to continue your athletic career! Many things to do on campus you should never be bored. Frequent games and activities. Small school you get to know everyone and it’s really nice seeing familiar faces everyday!

Parker

This place is horrible. I went for one semester and it made me hate college. Super expensive. Their sports teams almost unanimously suck. In the entire semester there, I felt like I learned absolutely nothing while maintaining a 3.5 GPA. I don’t know why people go there.

RICARDO

Bluffton has many wonderful and caring people which brings out the strength of a small college. Need help? Can found help all over campus. Even though the small part has it flaws, yet it is safer than most other colleges.

Brianna

Bluffton University has always been my number one pick, because it's in my hometown (which is beautiful), and is small. Being a private school does make it a little more expensive than other Universities, but it is easy to get to know your professors because class sizes are small.

Loagan

Small class sizes Professors are almost always accessible Food is good but can have some improvements made Sense of community among students, faculty, staff, and members from the town Main street Bluffton has a number of small businesses that the students can visit -a few with discounts if a student shows their campus ID

Takayla

Bluffton is amazing! There is such a loving community here and the people are the best! The professors always have an open ear wether to help with classes or if you just need someone to talk to. The class sizes are pretty small so you get a lot of attention from the professors. I'm very thankful to be here!

KAYLIE

Go Beavers!! I cannot say enough good things about Bluffton University. From the campus to the surrounding community it is fantastic. From the moment I stepped on campus I knew this is where I wanted to go to college. It felt like home. Bluffton University has the perfect size campus. You can walk or ride a bike anywhere in a matter of minutes. The athletic program here is amazing as well. There is plenty of variety for everyone. With Bluffton being the smaller school that it is, most students attend the games to cheer them on! There is also great diversity at Bluffton. I believe everyone feels like they have a place and they can be comfortable with who they are. I have met so many great friends here that I now consider my family. I'm obviously partial to Bluffton University but I can't think of a better place to continue my education.

Whytni

I love Bluffton, It is a small Liberal Art's University located in the village of Bluffton, Ohio. We are a private university, so class sizes are relatively small and I always have an opportunity to work with professors one on one. Everyone is very friendly, and involved in many community volunteer activities. I feel like I belong here, and actually really enjoy coming to class everyday.

Alex

At first glance, I thought that Bluffton was going to be your typical rural college, full of people that would judge and hate me. But my very first visit proved me wrong. Bluffton is full of students who are active in various communities and there is a real sense of home on campus. The music department specifically has provided me with a family where I can be myself and pursue my education.

Salamatu

I love the university so much and had so many doubts and negative things to say about it at first. In the beginning, all I did was judge it based on comments about it being small, being in the middle of. nowhere, and it being a D3 school in athletics. It all changed once I came in contact with my future Bluffton coach Kevin. I was encouraged to visit the campus so I did and it changed my entire perspective. The campus was very diverse and I was worried before because google basically stated that it wasn't. The campus was beautiful and everyone was so friendly. The athletic facilities were nice as well. The nature around and within the school made the campus even better because it made me feel comfortable and free regardless of how small the campus actually is.

Kai

It's honestly the first place in a good while where I have felt like I belong. Classes are pretty diverse, though there isn't a huge selection. As a black student, I feel like the school isn't as diverse as it could be, for black and other ethnicities, but our community is pretty nice and we have each other's backs. My personal struggle is the financial aspect. There aren't many scholarships provided by the school. They have some, but not many. There are also definitely people that don't want to see me succeed here but I rarely hear from them and my friends heavily outnumber them (I got like 3 friends but they count as 15). I love it here so far.

Olivia

If you know what to expect Bluffton is a great college. It is smaller which means more student to teacher ratio and closer group. It is Christian in spirit but in practice, it is very postmodern, which can be annoying. It is also very open to conversation, but if your conservative be careful.