Columbia International University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Columbia International University

Roman

Columbia International is a wonderful private institution that really lets you have fun and the student life there is amazing despite it being a private school there are many opportunities around the campus area that you really can't enjoy your time at this small private institution.

Joseph

Columbia International University is an amazing place to live and learn, there is a very substantial focus on learning from a christian worldview and making good connections. Were lucky enough to have professors that understand the value of good connections and experience and work constantly to infuse those things into us. The classes and environment of CIU are amazing and I would absolutely recommend it.

Many Christian universities have written high standards for Christian living while at school, and many have rules in place regarding Christian conduct. However, as one who had previously visited many Christian colleges, I can honestly say that CIU is one of the most authentic Christian universities I've ever seen, and probably the most dedicated to it's Christian living standards that I've seen. There is a friendly, uplifting, and distinctly Christian atmosphere between students and faculty alike, and while a great place to receive an education, CIU is an unbelievably friendly place to grow in one's spiritual and social life.

Within the first year of being at Columbia International University, I have thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. From the classrooms to the library to the basketball games and everything in between, yes even the all nighters I have had to pull. Although I would love for there to be more things to do on campus, I would not change this experience of attending college anywhere else.

Natalie

It is a great school for students who are Christians, especially students who plan to work in the ministry in some capacity. I would recommend this school to any young person who is undecided. Even if one is undecided, he or she can be a general major.

Ryan

CIU is an amazing school for those who are wanting to follow after a career in Christian Ministry. The professors are some of the most approachable people and many eat with students every day in the café. The people here are warm, kind, and easy to be around. You do have to be creative when you are bored, but all in all I love CIU and how much I am learning.

Overall, it's a solid school.

Robyn

I enjoy everyone here and I look forward to furthing my life with Christ. Before this school I was in a public high school so the environment for me is a huge change. Columbia International University is a Christian University and is very welcoming. Every student is here for a reason, and I truly believe that.

Madyson

Columbia International University quickly became somewhere that I love to be. The classes that I took during my freshman year were amazing and they set the bar pretty high for the rest of the classes that I will take while enrolled here. The majors are able to develop with the vision a student has for their life. Professors are constantly trying to reach out and be of help to every student that needs it. I have witnessed this first-hand as the advisers and professors have listened to my story and what I see for my future and been willing to guide me in decision making. Personally, I think the best part of CIU is the relationships that are formed here. The communal atmosphere in the dorms spreads all over campus. The focus and need for community is such a big part of why this university changes the lives of its students. The sports games, the library, the Ram Shack, and even some classrooms constantly feel almost as inviting as a home. This is why I know I made the right choice in where to attend college and I would not change my decision for anything in the world.

Antonio

Columbia International University is a optimistic and adventurous college to learn about your major and to become closer to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I currently play basketball for Columbia International University on the varsity level and so far I am loving the process. Absolutely looking forward to round two of my college career.

E'Mandi

My overall opinion of Columbia International University is that it is a great christian and religion-based college that is a smaller sized campus but is well connected. I believe that renovations will need to made as the campus continues to expand but i would personally give it four out of five stars overall.

Robyn

I think the school is great and anyone who wants to farther their love for the Lord would enjoy this school. There are plenty of activities, clubs and groups to join and people to hangout with and meet. There are new sports additions, which will be bringing a lot more people to the school.

Amy

I really love the family environment at Columbia International University! It is a small, Christian school and a very close-knit community. The professors are wonderful, and they truly have a desire to contribute to the success of their students on both an academic and a personal level. The college has grown in its sports program as well, and it is also currently expanding its Business and IT program. Overall, it offers a peaceful learning and social environment to students!

Chariti

As soon as I got on campus I felt like I was at home. Everyone was inviting, and my questions about their programs were answered proficiently. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone who wold like to be in a tight-knit Christian community.