El Centro College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for El Centro College

Andrea

I was interested in attending El Centro College because I knew it would help me figure out what I wanted to study. I entered college without declaring a major, and through the faculty as well as peers, I have finally come to figure out what I want to study. The environment is always approachable, although one may not know everybody around, new friends are always being made. Aside from the environment outside of the classroom, the environment inside classrooms is one where people are able to state their opinions and not have to worry about being attacked because of it. Furthermore, the location is convenient due to it being in Downtown Dallas. It is across the street from a food court and has a train station next to it that makes transportation easier.

BRYAN

In my opinion, el centro is a great place anyone can start of their college/university experience. It focused a lot on professional work site characteristics. Teachers and staff encourage and push students to always strive for the best so every individual can be successful on and off campus.

Maricela

If you're nervous about jumping into a giant crowd of a university. This place will satisfy! The professors are very helpful and there are many resources to help you if you're struggling with homework or even with a job. I really like the school, but the location is in a rough patch of downtown. It's not the safest place to stay later than 5 pm. The train station is always crowded with weirdos and the occasional weirdo does enter the school. However, Academic wise the school is great.

Victory

I attend El Centro College as apart of a dual credit program at Skyline High School. When I graduate from high school I will graduate from El Centro with a visual merchandising certificate. I love El Centro. I think the part I love the most is the location, its in Downtown Dallas, everything just looks so nice...

Alain

El Centro College is a great college that offers various opportunities for students. This institution has many programs that push scholars toward their dreams. I'm happy because I am in one of the programs that capacitate students to gain professional and personal skills that will prove to be useful in everyday life. As Rising Star member, I take El Centro classes that require me to transfer into a four years College. One thing I admire about El Centro, they have a learning Center that helps the students with any type of homework or Essay; sometimes you could have a personal time with stuff while working on your paper. Therefore, El Centro is a college that is willing to support its students by any means and touches their souls so that they can make those dreams into a realization.

Yazmin

Since it is located downtown, there are a lot of interesting places to go to; however, there is no free parking so you are better off taking the train or bus. A plus for this community college is that you do get a DART pass so you can ride any public transit in the region for free, which is pretty cool. The classrooms might not have the fanciest technology but overall possess pretty cool stuff. There are a lot of computer labs to work in if you don't have a computer at home. There are Supplemental Instructors and tutors on campus if you ever get stuck. There are some clubs, but they might not meet at a time that works with your schedule, so it's pretty difficult to meet new people that way. However, classmates and professors are friendly; the campus is very diverse and accepting of people of all ages, races, religions, sexual orientations, etc.

Sulema

Being at El Centro College is a good place to be at to have your first step into college life. The environment of El Centro is a friendly and social place to be at with different places where you and your friends to hang out at. There are also many places to go eat walking distance from the college or in the college at the store or at subway.

Gina

El Centro college is located in the heart of Downtown Dallas. The overall student body is small compared to other DCCCD community colleges which I think is very beneficial to having a one-on-one connection with professor and other peers. Most everyone that comes to El Centro is trying to further their education. The professors that I had this past semester left a good impression on me. I enjoyed all of the classes that I have taken, and have even made some new friends. The admission process was easy and the staff is helpful and informative. I am planning on transferring to a 4 year college and they are helpful in the student transfer department in regards to what classes will or won't transfer so that I can be smart with my money which is something I appreciate. There is an early college program on campus, so there are a lot of high school students around the campus buildings but they are mostly well behaved and mature. I am looking forward to receiving my associates degree from El Centro College and it will be a good stepping stone for my future.

Jorge

There are some great professors there that really connect with you. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. Despite there being shootings at El Centro I do not feel unsafe there. There is more security now and very strict on ID badges. The only problem I have is the location of the main Campus. Since it is in downtown Dallas it is very busy. There is no student parking so we have to pay for meters or public parking. Also, there are a lot of homeless and it's not bad but constantly being asked for money does get irritating.

wendy

El Centro College many opportunities for others to get involved in many of their curriculum activities.

Victoria

This college is one that contains a professional atmosphere and provides a great learning environment to all students. There is plenty of locations to do regular studying and also other locations with space for social interactions. Also, there is always a very supportive system professors that genuinely want to help you succeed and learn when within and outside the classroom.

maryellen

This scool is amazing. there are lots of different programs to choose from. the atmosphere is cool because its downtown i take the train. the staff are helpful and very nice. The medical programs are known all over so theirs a guaranteed job.Awesome campus! I love the teachers .This is a great school!!

Franklin

El Centro College is a great place to start! being a community college you'll be here for 2 years and then you would transfer and continue you education. This college has great teachers willing to help you out, being located in the heart of Dallas this place has the best places to explore.

Serafin

Having a campus in the city is pretty cool. You get to experience the city life and its over ll interesting being by el centro everyday. The teachers at El Centro are overly great and very helpful. The staff can some times lack connections in terms of knowing the majors well or they may lack information at times. However, they're sweet and can be very helpful as well. The campus security is pretty attentive but sometimes it can be easy to slip in the campus. However they have enough places where one can study and work on homework. The other students are nice and nobody ever really gets into fights or anything crazy. This college is easy to adjust and work with, and its very comfortable to be in.

Ofelia

The school is a pretty decent facility. It has what you need but the location has not been the safest as of lately. There are a lot of homeless people and it is in the dead center of down town dallas. I do like the teachers and the classes they offer.

Shavonte

Great opportunity for me to attend. Everyone is nice and friendly. Whenever I need help someone is there to help me. I will be back in summer two. The teachers will help guide you. They help you understand homework more. They show you different ways as to you learning. They give you serval ways to learn. If you need to talk with a counselor your teacher will help you out with that.

Gus

It is a great community college and most teachers are willing to help if we need anything. There is a wellness center across the street which helps keep us in shape. There are many workshops gooing on and there is a bookstore inside which helps us buy school utensils.

Faith

The people that make up El Centro college have become a family to me. It may not have as much land space as a needed but it provides most of our needs. Its academic level is really good and the instructors are very nice and helpful. There are always events for every week but not a lot of students attend these events.

Steven

El Centro Community College is a great college that offers many different opportunities for students. Many great events and programs are associated with this 50+ year old institute. I participate in a program that empowers students to gain professional soft skills and hard skills that are currently needed in Corporate America today. As a Year Up student, I take El Centro classes that are crafted around improving the knowledge and skills of entry-level corporate employees. As an El Centro College student, I love the ease of access in locating my classes in the beginning of the semester, and the skill of the instructors I sit in front of. El Centro College has instructors who understand more than one learning style and use multiple methods to effectively teach the curriculum given to them. Communication is no difficult task for this institution. Email, texting, calling, voicemails, you name it! El Centro College is very open to its students when it comes to notifying us about upcoming events and even a confirmation email of an assignment you have submitted through Blackboard. There are many different job fairs and employment opportunities at El Centro College. This shows that while college may be expensive, El Centro is willing to support its students in getting their education by offering jobs for its students at least once a month. Last but certainly not least, the level of availability each individual teacher has is tremendous. If I email any professor about anything at any time, they will either respond immediately, or within the next hour.

Kanesha

El centro is a place where you really feel at home because in most classes you see your professor everyday meaning you are able to get that one on one time that you may need. There is even a chance to actually meet with the professor before or after class. The Professor's there are always concerned about the learning experience making sure everyone is having the necessary tools.

Andrea

El Centro was actually one of my top choices. I had read bad reviews but I had also heard great ones and I trusted my gut that this will be the school for me. I was scared but the First Year Services actually help alot for those who just started College. The professors are kind, there is a variety of people, it's in a decent area in the city and overall a great school.

Alejandra

My opinion on El Centro College is that it is a great school. The two years that I have attended have been amazing. All of my professor and advisors were always so attentive and helpful when it came to my misunderstandings. I am glad that I will be graduating from there next week!

Patricia

I am very pleased with my college. The Professors are excellent, professional, caring, and fair. I feel they are truly preparing me for the real world. Every time I have moved up from a lower class into a higher class I have felt well prepared. In the beginning I was intimidated, but my professors are excellent in many ways.

Patricia

Excellent school. Disability services need some work, but our Legal Professions Department is excellent. Professors like Cuevas, Espinoza... the best! Specially Cuevas: professional, smart, thoughtful, caring: she walks on water to me! Prof. Espinoza responsive to student’s needs.

Aileen

I was a dual credit student there for about two years and I absolutely love it . The staff and students are super supportive and talkative which is very nice when attending college for the first time . El Centro offers plenty of help whether it’s finding a major that suits you, to personal life such as jobs/internships . They also have a gym which is free to all students so that’s a bonus .

Tara

I have always dreamed of attending this school. They have amazing resources for different groups and work fields. I felt very comfortable and supported with the faculty staff and they are welcoming and professional. Even though I am enrolling for off campus classes, my on campus experience every time I am there is great.

Chrishna

My collage is a wonderful place to go if you are returning back to school after a long time, if your going to school for the first and have no ideal what you wish to do with your life. I am 30 years old going back to school after being out for thirteen years, I was helped every step of the way. They helped me come up with a class plan for this year and even helped me map out a road to transfer to the collage of my choice to continue on to receive my bachelors degree.

Sebastian

El Centro College provided an accessible environment for all students regardless of background. The professors are mostly accessible and ready to answer all questions through email. The campus is clean and safe. The area immediately surrounding the campus however, is not as safe.

Leslie

Acknowledged. Academic. Acceptable. El Centro is a community college located in the heart of Dallas, TX whose doors are opened to welcome all students from all of over the world. In addition, the professors are open-minded, engaging, and caring to every single student either inside or outside the classroom. There's also accessible transportation, a variety of shops, museums, and parks. Also a lot of security guards inside the building who's priority is to make sure that every student is safe in campus. No crime, violence, or alcoholism allowed inside or outside the campus. Mostly of the students are independent and their conversations are about college work; projects, tests, and homework, etc. On the other hand, this community college does not provide on-campus housing but they do serve the best food in town from the greatest chef's of all time! In sports, especially in basketball, our mascot is the roadrunner. Moreover, there is a unity between the staff, students and teachers of working together and progressing every day. El Centro College is a place where everyone is accepted and be successful in the future.