Madison, NJ
Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus

soraya

They are social and academic.

They are social and academic.

I would tell myself that college is not a big deal like High School makes it and that no matter how the journey is it pays off in the end.

I wish I had known what it was like to make friends and how experienced the professors were

Danielle

This school has a varies of people, majors, and things to do for everyone of any race &/or culture.

I've learned to come out of my "box" & try new things. I've met people I would have never met before or even thought of talking to. With college, come new changes u have to learn to accept those changes & realize that there are a whole lot more people out there then in your town or state that are just like you or even different. Meeting new people helps you to better yourself. If you can learn to get along with everyone you can get out or in to any situation. I know now that no matter what career to go into I will have the ability to get along with everyone.

This school has something for everyone. I feel everyone should at least apply to this school. All through most peaple go home every weekend here there is still something to do.

Manuel

My classmates are full of life, always willing to give a helping hand, and are responsible.

So far my college experience has been one that i will never forget. I love waking up in the morning, driving to school, going to to soccer practice, attending class, then hanging out with my friends. I would not trade my experience in college for anything. I also have potentially met the girl of my dreams at school. Having attended Fairleigh Dickinson University has not only prepared me for what lies ahead but has made me turn into the man who i am today.

I wish i knew that i would love every second of it before i decided to be a commuter student.

Alexa

I have learned to be more independent and to make choices for my future . I now make my own decisions and have to adjust to a very different lifestyle and daily schedule. I was used to having my own room and my own space, now that I have a room-mate, I have to be more considerate to her class schedule and wishes. You have to learn to compromise. By staying on campus and not commuting, you get to know more people that you would not normally meet and attend college functions. The food is adequate but I would like to see a variety of foods, and not the same kind every day. Changing the menu more often might help. I am so happy that I have the opportunity to stay on campus and to experience college life. I want to further my education and become a radiologist assistant and by attending FDU, I can do that.

I would think a person that is a dedicated and hard working individual with a good grade point average and wants to attend a small college that has a variety of career choices then this is the college for them. It is quite expensive, but scholarships are available to those who chose to apply for them.

A person that is not ambitious or career oriented should not attend F.D.U. This college is a highly competative one and strives to find the best students to attend there. A person who does not like to socialize or is not a team player should not even consider applying. Even though it is considered a small university, you still have a variety of clubs, organizations, and sports that you can join and people who are not interested in getting to know other students, then you need to reconsider staying at a university such as Fairleigh Dickinson University.

Leanna

The classrooms are very interactive. You will get many chances to offer your input in the discussions.

As an honors student and creative writing major at Fairleigh Dickinson University, I have had the opportunity to interact with the highly motivated creative writing department faculty on a personal basis. This particular department, with their passion for writing, are dedicated to creating an environment that is conducive to the creative development of their students. Not only do they engage students in class, but I have been able to email each of them personally and they are very encouraging--especially by inspiring me to break through my perfectionistic fears and create something organic; something real. Over the past three years, I have gained so much more confidence than I ever dreamed, and have enthusiastically taken on more leadership roles than I would have ever considered in high school. I am the secretary of Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society (FDU chapter); Assistant Editor for the dynamic, student-run Sphere Online Literary Journal; and a member of the Rotaract club. In the spring, I will attend Wroxton College in England for the entire semester, and plan to intern there over the summer. I've dreamed my dreams and formulated my goals. Now, it's time to make them reality.

The quality of the Creative Writing courses here. Professors in this program are great--they really do invest in you.

Rachelle

I am currently going into my first year of college, however I did take college course classes in high school. I believe that it'll be valuable for my to attend college however by insuring myself with the skills and knowledge to find my dream job and create a stable lifestyle after I maintain the skills and knowledge in my major.

Erica

Hello, my name is Erica Ames, I graduated from the University of Maryland in 1999. I have returned to college after ten years to pursue a nursing degree because I love helping people, and my older sister has MS. I would like to use my degree to help my sister and others with disabilities. Furthermore, what I have learned from my college experince in the past and present is number one diversity. When I say diversity I mean learning about other students cultures, which is very interesting. Learning how to manage my time, meaning planning study time; that is very important to me. It is very important to schedule study time, so that I can continue to be a B-A student. I enjoy learning about the anatomy and science classes in general. I pray this award is awarded to me become really want to become a nurse. I have helped the MS Society of Md., raise thousands of dollars toward research for this terrible disease and I will continue too! Therefore, college life is a wonderful learning experience.

Shanece

What's unique to me is that I have an interest in several possible majors. So FDU was a good option because it included all of them whereas some colleges may not have everything you want and may force you to choose between majors your not even sure if you'll end up doing. It's important to go to a school that has a range of things and doesnt just specialize in a specific field unless you are absolutely positive its what you want to do or dont mind switching to another school down the road.

Out of this college experience I've learned that no matter how you took your education in your previous years (High school and before), whether you were a C student ,B student or an A student, College is the opportunity for you to start fresh and to start new. I say this because I was always a B student but wanted to be better and I saw many students waste their talents and opportunity to shine. Never be content with average when you know you can be above average! Do it for you, noone else & be confident in yourself! You begin really part of your future in College and you will realize what your full potential can be. It becomes essential to do well and to stay true to what you want. Don't become distracted by nonsense and people wasting their education just to have a good party! (I'm starting to sound like my parents but it's very true) Tell yourself, "I didn't come here to play around, I came here to get down to business!" Stay true to this and it will take you places you never thought you could be. Be open to "Better"!

There so many opportunities to explore a possible major. If you're not sure what you want to do, this school is a great option. You can be into Art and switch to Communications. FDU also has about 4 campuses. One in Madison, another, Teaneck, and two abroad, one being in England. With this you can do study abroad, also if you wanted to change what campus you'd like to be on, its possible. Also if a class you want is not being offered at the college, they can allow you to take the class at a neighboring college.

IComing to Fairleigh Dickinson University was the best choice I have made, my classes are challenging yet rewarding and my professors go out of their way to help.

I am the first in my immediate family to go to college. My college career, is still not yet complete, but has been very rewarding. I have grown as a person and learned to be more mature. I now attend Fairleigh Dickinson University which is a small campus. I love being able to walk around, see professors, and have them know exactly who I am, and be willing to go over that assignment that I may not fully understand a little more. I have gotten so much out of Fairleigh a semester in that I am eager to see how much more I will be able to learn and grow before I graduate. Upon graduation I intend on working with mentally handicaped children, and I am confident in knowing that my current school will fully prepare me for that.

I wish I would have known more about the amount of financial aide they provide ( scholarships, and grant). I had no idea that they gave out so much money. Instead of going to a community college first to save money, I could have just started at Fairleigh as a freshman. It was always my dream school, but the "sticker price" was terrifying.

Fairleigh Dickinson is an institution that is committed to academic and athletic excellence, while encompassing an active community environment for all students.

In order to make friends, you have to be a friend. The people you meet in college will be lifelong friends, but you have to put yourself out there. The way to meet people is to open up to them and make yourself available as a friend. When you?re far away from home, make a new home. The only way to feel welcomed and at home in a big University, is to make your niche. Get involved in an organization you are passionate about. There is safety in numbers. Never leave a friend behind, and never go somewhere at night alone; ensure your safety at all times. Go to class, and study. Do not waste the opportunity you have to make the best for yourself and prepare for a future that can be lucrative and successful. The ultimate piece of advice that I learned with growing older is to live every day like it is your last. I made it through college, and after having minor medical problems all throughout, I was diagnosed with a type of brain tumor and had brain cancer. Every student should embrace life to the fullest they possibly can.

Anyone can attend FDU. As long as you are committed to academic excellence nd able to live in a community setting, FDU is the plce for you. It is welcoming of all type of people and anyoe can fit in and make FDU their home.

Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.