Madison, NJ
Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus

I would give myself a few wise words of advice. First, and most importantly is to live my last year of high school to the fullest, to take lots of pictures, and instead of stressing about the future, to live in the present because you can never experience High School again. Secondly, I would tell myself that what ever decision I make for the future, is not set in stone. Going to college is not an ending, but it is more like another chapter in the novel of your life and you need to finish one chapter before you can begin another. Thirdly, I would advise myself to save a little more money as a High School Senior, since things are handed to you more easily on an academic level in high school, and it is hard to make the transition to college. Lastly, I would tell myself to make sure I spent time with my Family. Personally, I am the oldest, so leaving for college was a very hard transition for my family to make, as well as myself. I would tell myself to appreciate and value the time I had left at home with them.

The teacher to student ratio is exceptional. I have never had a class where there is more than 30 students, and usually there is a Professor along with a TA to help make the ratio feel even smaller. I originally began attending college at a very large University, and decided to transfer here, and for any high school student, through my experiences I fully recommend a smaller University over a large one. "It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know, when it comes down to job hunting."

If I had to pick something that was bad about this University, for any High School student, especially with this Economy, the cost of tuition is around 42,000/year which i think is very high, so it is understandable why more students choose a State University over a Private one.

Meghan

I would tell myself first not to worry so much about the social aspect of high school, because your real friends, the ones you will have for life you will make in college. Instead of worrying about being "cool", focus more on studies and gaining scholarships, because life as a college student is tough financially. Also pay close attention in classes, because the things you learn in high school really do carry over to college and it is important to make the right decisions while you are young. When you arrive at college, be excited it's the best time of your life! Make sure you work a lot in the summer to give yourself enough spending money. Your dorm room becomes not only your bedroom, but your kitchen, living room and anything else you can think of, so keep it clean! Finally, enjoy.

The worst thing about my school is the Business Advising department. The employees there only know basic information and little about helping students with what courses to take for their career choices.

A person who just likes to blend in the crowd. At this school most people know or know of everyone, especially those in athletics or greek life.

Taryn

Don't be afraid to get out of your room and get to know people. They aren't as scary as you think and can help you in the long run. Join more clubs, be more active on campus. You'll be happier for it because you'll be busy planning things, which you love to do, instead of sitting alone in your room. Plus, you won't be kicking yourself later on for not having more clubs and experience to put on future school applications! You may be upset you didn't get the school you really wanted, but this is going to give the oppuritunity to try out more things and meet some cool people. Take the chance to really see the world from a different point of view, and apply for more internships. It will help you out in the long run. And do not invite two girls who live in Park Ave to join your group of online friends. It will only end in tears, trust me!

I think the worst thing about my school is that I went for a theatre degree but they still have a very weak theatre program. The school is more oriented towards practical degrees. I ended up double majoring with a second degree in Psychology because the course load for the theatre degree was so incredibly easy and light. The theatre program there made a lot of empty promises to get people to go.

I do feel like FDU has a very strong Psychology program which has inspired me to continue on for my masters in Psychology. I learned a lot from that program. I also feel like because it was a smaller school I got to know the professors much better there, and as such have been able to get great recommendations for the future from them.

Brittney

My school is probably best known for it's liberal arts and business schools.

My school is probably best known for it's liberal arts and business schools.

I would tell myself to get over the bad habit of procrastinating. It can really get out of hand in college, and it really does nothing but harm you to put off assignments. Also, I would tell myself to get out more and get more involved in what my school has to offer. Basically break out of the shell that you've been living in for the past four years and be who you want to be.

I brag about the campus. It's a beautiful place. Also all that is available socially is great. There are concerts and lots of different acitivities going on.

Fairleigh Dickinson is a place to build character and grow among peers in a safe and judgment-free environment.

I would tell myself to be ready to open up to new people and a new environment. Being in college isn't just about learning new things but finding out who you are and meeting new people. The environment is completely different from high school and allows for more independence from family and people you've known your entire life. It's time to put yourself out there and try new things, join new clubs/activities, and really be involved. No more procrastinating or slacking off in class; it's a new time to start fresh and do well. Be aware of what you're learning in school and your surroundings. Know that what you learn in high school is like the basics and there's good reason to know a majority of it. College pushes you just a little bit more into the real world, and it's a chance to take responsibility of your own life. After high school, it's time to take things more seriously and know that this is not just about having to go to school but also about your future.

Students that should attend this college are those that are interested in taking the time to learn and study about their intended majors. It is a school intended for all different types of majors, such as business and education. The campus is built to create an environment for all types of students and provide security for them. It allows students to really be independent, and gives you freedom to be yourself.

evan

The best advice I could offer would be yourself. Take your time and meet everyone on campus. First, you should lay concrete groundwork with your grades the first semester or two then start getting involved in clubs and social organizaton. It need hurts to plan a layout for your college career. And always do what you want to do in college; its your experience no one elses.

The worst thing about this campus is the campus layout. It not to bad, but the distance from dorms to most classroom makes students want to drive to class rather then walk. The campus is on a very old family estate with a mansion.

The kind of person that should attend this school be eager, open-minded, social, focused, and determined to accomplish thier plans and goals.

Deirdra

Farileigh Dickinson is best known for the Hospitality program and business program.

Fairleigh Dickinson stood out to me the most because they promote studying in other countries. Also, learning about the world outside of the United States. There are required classes for learning about those other countries.

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior. I would tell myself to put myself out there more. Meet more people and start my life over. Also, get to know my professors better, because professors will help me in more ways than one. Don't skip as many classes, and make a spread sheet to organize my time. Make more time for class work and studying. Go out with my friends more. College isn't just about work, it is an important time to socialize and network with people. Also, networking is so important to my major, Hospitality, so I would tell myself to network more with everyone I met or could meet.

Luis

Most of my classmates are studious and punctual, yet very outgoing.

Most of my classmates are studious and punctual, yet very outgoing.

I did not know what to expect my first semester in college other than the obvious studying more frequently. Rather than telling myself what obstacles to expect in college, I would tell myself how to overcome these obstacles. The most difficult obstacle I was facing in college was learning how to study. After recieving grades for some of my exams, I realized that the same study method I used for high school, such as studying a couple hours a week was not working in college. I would tell myself the same exact method I used towards the end of the semester. I would tell myself the schedule I used, such as, studying immediately after classes ended from for 2p.m. to 4p.m. and early in the morning from 5a.m. to 7a.m. The schedule in the afternoon helped me because I was able to study in the library at campus rather than the loud one near my house and in the morning I was able to study at home quietly without distractions. If I knew this method in high school, I would have done a much better job in college at the start of the semester.

Fairleigh Dickinson University(FDU) is a private school that offers many different courses; however, some of these course are only available once a day. Unlike most universities, FDU has some classes available only once at a certain time of the day. I consider this to be the worst thing about my school because it because becomes a difficulty when I make schedule for the semester. Rather than taking some classes in the morning and some at night, I'm taking most of my classes consecutively making it difficult for me to take breaks for studying, eating, or socializing.

Surprisingly, college life was easier to adapt to than high school was to live through. It is more relaxed because I have more freedom in my daily activities and in my academic schedule. As much as I love college however, I would want to let my former self know a few things. As important as high school friendships seem at that moment, not many of them last beyond graduation, but keep the ones you know are worthwhile. It's simply part of life that one gets adjusted to. One learns grow and mature. with more responsibility You begin to find your true self, as well as some of the strongest friends possible, if you know where to look. It allows you to break out of the clicks and stereotypes. so there is no pressure in presenting yourself a certain way. If your old dreams and ambitions fade, it's okay as long as you find new ones that are truly worth pursuing and will bring you happiness.

It's study abroad opportunity in England and it's close proximity to New York City.

Many administrative offices aren't knowledgable and mess up or loose paperwork.

Melissa

I would tell myself to get into the habit of studying more while I was in highschool because a lot more time is dedicated to studying in college then I EVER did in highschool. Highschool was a breeze for me and now I work my butt off to receive the scholarships I get, to keep up my honors GPA, to get that job offer right out of school. Time management is a skill that every college student should perfect and I absolutely wish I had started acquiring that skill earlier on in life to be better prepared for the necessary time and effort in the future.

I wish I would have known how difficult and stressful class registration is, expecially when you are a freshman and sophomore. Everyone is online at 7:57 a.m. registering for classes and by the time you get through, the class is full. It is way too hectic and there has to be a simpler way of going about it. Also, they should inform you which classes are only offered in the fall or spring so that way if you decided to hold off until next semester, you're not getting screwed when they tell you it's not offered.

I consider the worst thing about my school is the price n general and then comparing the price to the quality of certain classes is just ridiculous and pointless. Our curriculum should be changed to better suit someone's major and we should not have to take lab sciences as a business major and have to pay $2500 to sit there and do nothing and learn nothing. That is a waste of money and a waste of time. This school, even with financial aid and scholarships has put me into major debt.

Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.