Madison, NJ
Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus

Davone

Beautiful scenery. Wild parties in the 80s.

Beautiful scenery. Wild parties in the 80s.

Dont grow up too fast, enjoy living with no worries. You have your whole life to party, stay focus. Dont believe the movies there are no crazy orgies. Be your self and to hell with anyone that has a problem with it.

How expensive it is. Its double the tuition of most colleges and cost more than Ivy League colleges. The schools funds are not being spend properly. ie(durango and charger patrol cars, chocolate milk machine replaced with milk machine and chocolate syrup bottle)

Dayna

Fairleigh Dickinson University is a friendly and welcoming community with faculty and professors willing to help with the sucess of each student.

Ensure you remain dedicated with a clear objective and goal in mind. Work hard and remain focused on schoolwork. Allow time to meet new people on campus and enjoy your college years. Make new friends and create lasting friendships. Network with students, faculty and professionals on-campus to allow for greater opportunities in the future. Develop a plan for furthing education and study hard to achieve that plan.

Danielle

Well i would say the president of my school grabbed my attention when came to visit. He was very down to earth and funny. The students here are very friendly, the classes are small. Which is great so you can get one on one attention from professors. And there are nice areas off campus right in town that you can go to. To party or simply to grab a quick bite to eat. I Love FDU!!

I would tell my self to keep my priorities in check. Just because i don't have mom around to make me go to school I should still go to classes. And also i would tell myself not to procrastinate, and get things done last minute because i chose a party over my school work. I must admit i started off well. I had a 3.1 my freshman year first semester. It's the second semester where i guess i got too comfortable and messed up on alot of my courses. My gpa dropped tremendously to a 1.7 leaving me with an overall 2.5. All throughout high school i had a 3.8 and i don't know what happened when i got to college. I was so disappointed in myself, but no worries this year as a sophmore i learned so much and i've got my act together. Getting all A's and B's so far i cant wait to see what my GPA will rise to. :)

The worst thing about my school, is the meal plan. I am currently signed up for 11 meals a week and 300 extra dollars of spending money. When i have a visitor in stead of using 2 meal swipes when we go to the cafe, the school uses one meal swipe and deducts money from my extra money. Now most of my extra money is all gone and im only half way through the semester.

It is best known for its writing program and it many different campouses

It is best known for its writing program and it many different campouses

If I had to give myself advice to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to be worried about impressing people and just be yourself and you will meet awesome people. I would also mention that I should try to get involved more during m first year at school so that i can meet new people and expand my social network to include outside the group I have now.

Kearstin

I would advise myself to go to a community college and save the money spent on a Bachelors degree. It is smarter to save the money during undergraduate studies if you plan on pursuing a graduate degree. It is very expensive to complete an undergraduate and graduate program.

This school is not for someone who wants to go to a big, party school.

Kevin

Anyone can get by doing the bare minimum; but if you put effort in the education you will receive is definitely worth it.

Visit every college while there are still classes going on and students are there, talk to a random few (use your instinct to pick out which ones look more dedicated to their academics than others, they can still tell you plenty about the social life).

Make friends with the people you live with (building/hall/floor), and don't be afraid to randomly visit them from time to time. Make friends from classes or clubs with shared interest, but don't forget about the dozens of people who live 1-10 seconds away from you.

Sylina

An important factor in choosing a college is choosing one that fits you, not one that gives you the most money. Many friends that I have known choose schools based on money only to transfer out of the school because it does not suit them. The best way to choose the school is to let the school speak to you and this can only be done by going to the campus for a visit. The students need to be outgoing and wander around the campus while interacting with students and faculty. By doing so, you will be able to know if the school is for you. The students and parents need to also understand that the tour guides are suppose to only tell you the positive points of the campus, thus you need to wander around campus and intermingle to see what the campus has to offer. The environment of the campus is a big part of the student's life while in college, so the student should feel comfortable at the school. As a result, the parents should give their children the option to go to faraway colleges so the children wil be able to find their own niche.

The worst thing about my school will be the food. We were told that the chefs are five-star chefs, however the food leave much to be desired. The only time the food is actually decent is during open-houses where parents and students come to visit campus on weekends. The next one will be the special treatment for the Greeks. The Greeks are easily able to fundraise and host events outside of the regulations that are set for all organizations, whereas the non-Greek organizations have to abide by the regulations.

There is not one person who I do not think should not attend this school. The students and faculty here are very friendly and very outgoing, willing to help out with everything. Friends will be made fast and activities are well planned out by all the organizations. However, the school is rarely recognized by many people as compared to other big named schools. If a student wishes to graduate from a well-known school, this one may not be the one to look into.

Melinda

Very enthusiastic about student's careers.

Very enthusiastic about student's careers.

Answer the question, ?Why am I going to college?? and make that your goal. Imagine your ideal college experience then chose the college that fits that description. Take at least one extra class each semester. Set clear goals for each class. College is all about self-discipline and doing thing on your own, on your time, your way. Get an early start to each day. Learn material the very first time it?s presented. Master advanced memory techniques. Visit campus and ask a lot of questions. ? Explore colleges and majors that match your skills and interests. ? Don?t rule out schools because of cost. There are lots of financial aid that might be unknown to you. ? Be aware of dates and deadlines ? Think quality, not quantity. When it comes to extracurricular activities. Have some serious fun! Take a good look at yourself. Admission counselors look closely at your letters of recommendation and personal essay to get a better feel for who you are. Be prompt. Give your teachers and counselors plenty of time for recommendation letters ? don?t ask them the week before application deadlines. Choose wisely. Ask teachers who teach or work in fields where your principal interests lie.

I wish I would have known the importance of a college education and doing well in school. I wish I would have known the right people to contact for more information or advice on my career. It was not offered to me and it should be offered to students espeicially when they become juniors and are preparing for their career.

erika

First and foremost, inorder to enjoy the college experience it is ideal that one would not have to leave before graduating due to lack of funds. Making sure that the tuition fits into the family budget is most important. Also, visiting the school before making the decision is a must. Certain times a person will enter the campus and get a feeling of absoulte comfort or the opposite. Choose a school that has the amount of people the fits your comfort level. Some individuals love the big campus where you meet a new person everyday, other people (like myself) like a school where you walk around seeing familiar faces all day. Finally, absoultley get INVOLVED. I am part of the Greek community and would have it no other way. Being a part of something only enriches the college experience and makes it as unforgettable as is it suppose to be.

someone who is open to make friends and would appreciate a smaller campus.

i have met such great people and love the art departent. I am a fine arts major.

Danielle

Make sure (student) you are going where you want to go based on your needs (not your wants). If you know what field you want to get into, make sure the schools you apply to have well-reputed programs for that particular field. Make sure you consider multiple factors with a pros/cons list which may include programs, class size, faculty biography (where they received their schooling and the research they do), location, surrounding community, campus activities, clubs/organizations, campus size, etc.

The lack of school spirit and extra-curricular involvement.

Someone looking for a small, community feel on campus.

Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.