Finger Lakes Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Finger Lakes Community College

I don't understand why anyone would start out at another college. FLCC is the perfect transitional school between high school and a four year college. The advisers are extremely helpful and personable, the professors genuinely care about your success and the academic standards are exceptional. The academic support options for students are abundant and available for just about every topic. The expectations the college holds you to are perfect to prepare you for transfer schools and the outside world. I feel very proud to have maintained a 3.8 GPA throughout my time here.

Scott

Highly recommend this college to students who are looking for a small school. This is one of the best community colleges in the area. You will not feel like a number as other colleges will. Most classes average 15 to 20 students allowing you to get to know the professors.

Brandy

Finger Lakes Community College is a vey welcoming and accessible campus. The housing is located near the main building which is handy and the professors are super nice and friendly. I felt very welcomed on campus. The students are very helpful and informative.

Steven

I have really enjoyed my time at FLCC. I have not taken full advantage of the help they offer. I could really use some after school help with some of my past classes. I intend on taking full advantage this upcoming year (2 semesters). The teachers are all helpful, the technology is up to date and easy to use. Taking quizzes and tests outside of class is not my favorite, as if you forget to set a timer for this quiz/test, then you get a zero. This happened to me one time only!! I am even considering taking extra semesters to receive my Bachelor's Degree. I have some friends that are in the process of doing that right now. The staff is very friendly and very knowledgeable. I always receive an answer to any question asked. Top notch SUNY college.

Steven

I think that it's a really nice campus and everyone wants to make sure you are going to do well and very friendly.

Gabby

The college is a very underrated college because it is a community college. Throughout my experience, I have met many professors who have changed my life for the better and I know will be people I can count on for the rest of my life. The only thing I would change is how involved people are in campuses other than main campus. There are other campuses who rarely know what is going on at main campus because of lack of communication throughout advisors and faculty. Mine and my friends experience with advisors has been anything but positive. I usually wait a week for my advisor to answer my emails and then still feel lost after I meet with that person. My advisor was changed without me even knowing about it and was to a previous professor who said they would not be checking their email over break. Everyone deserves a break, but when you’re an advisor it is your job to always be available for students. One of my classes got canceled and I had no one to email or call becauseI knew my advisor would not be checking their email. The best college president I have come across because he is always willing to talk to anyone and chooses to eat in the cafeteria with students to better get to know everyone. Overall, I love this college and I will miss it a lot when I move onto a four year college. I think there needs to be a change in how advisors are taught and trained.

Charlene

This is a great school. The students come from all over because of the different programs that they carry here. My experience here has opened me up I was very shy not liking to talk in front of people public speaking helped with that I still get nervous but it helps taking that class. I am returning after being out of school for 20 year when I started and I was treated as I was just another student. If you want a good local school school you should look into Finger Lakes Community College.

samantha

I would love to study here. It would be a dream already in the process of accomplishing... The school was Established in 1965. Students from approximately 350 high schools in New York State and across the United States enrolled at FLCC in Fall 2016. I get to learn from all around the world why so many people are interested in what Im interested to also.

Kev

Everyone here is fake up front and two faced, even a select few teachers can be A holes. The students barely care about thier major, our projects for homework and such are always crammed within a week, plus we are supposed to br using blackboard for grades and posting work but of course the teachers will not use it. Then the dorms are always smelling so weird. The walls have no insulation so you can hear your roommate bagging the third chick hes met that week. And overall this place sucks worst experience of my life.

Maxwell

The campus is clean and easily accessible. The professors seem to really care about students and are available for questions or extra-help. The two that I asked were happy to provide letters of reference for me. One of the math professors invited me to join in a math contest even though I don't actually qualify yet because he thought I have the potential to do well.

Abigail

I adore Finger Lakes Community College. It’s a great place to begin post-secondary education! I’m an adult learner, and I found coming back to school easy. It has been easy to receive help when I need it, the online platform is simple to understand, and I am enjoying learning for the first time in a long time.

Finger Lakes Community College was a wonderful opportunity for myself. I enjoyed my time there tremendously. I always felt at home away from home while I was attending. Though I was only there for 2 years I made connections that I will have forever. The professors really take the time to help you achieve all of your goals no matter how big or small.