Greensboro, NC
Greensboro College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Greensboro College

Joshua

If I had the chance to go back to my senior year, I do believe I would have applied myself more than I did. I signed with a school early into my senior year, because I signed to play golf. Although I had already planned my future, I did not realize what was to come. I quickly started to slack off and my golf games and grades fell off miserably. I pretty much threw away two years of my life, between my senior year of high school and my freshman year of college. I now have turned everything around, and am currently making a 3.2 GPA as well as practicing more than I ever have before. I have learned from my mistakes that I made, and from here on out I know what it takes for me to succeed in not only school, but in my life as well.

I don't tend to brag about my school to often, but when I do tell about the school I tend to lean towards the golf team. I play on the team now, so I tend to tell people about our team over other things. The past golf teams at our school have been very successful, so I like to tell about the program more than anything.

Signing up for classes when the time comes to do so. I have a feeling that this is frustrating for everybody at each school no matter what the size is.

I don't know that i'd give myself much advice, accept that i shold separate from my(at the time) boyfriend.

the elevator in my dorm building, it breakes sometimes becasue of age.

Krissa

When I was in high school I thought that I knew everything and that no one could tell me a thing. And up until last year I thought that way too. Until I got myself into some situations that I couldn?t get myself out of alone did I really realize that I needed to listen to others around me and take others suggestions. If could go back to my high school self, I would tell myself to listen to the advice that your teachers and parents are trying to give you. Even though you think you can do everything on your own, you cannot and need some guidance. Although I would love to tell myself this now, I am glad that I know this knowledge now and am becoming more successful every single day.

When I first arrived at GC I didn?t know what kind of people to expect. I was expecting to meet bible thumping and very preachy religious types of people. How I was surprised when I met the most outgoing, polite, and morally upstanding people I have ever met. The types of person I see at Greensboro College are up for anything and open minded. Adding more people like that to this campus would make me love this school more than I already do.

When my school comes up in a conversation with my girlfriends and I, I always emphasize to them how much my teachers care. My friends always tell me how their teachers ignore them, don?t give them the time of day, and just seem like they want them to be successful. My teachers are always there when I need to talk, they take time help me find tutors, and truly want me to be successful. The first step to becoming a successful person starts in the classroom and I am glad I found that at Greensboro College.

Rebecca

Small but very friendly in a very nice community.

Small but very friendly in a very nice community.

Stick it out even though going to a community college wasn't what you wanted for yourself. In a couple years you can go to a nice school and not feel guilty about spending so much on your education. Being in debt is not a smart way to start your future so make sure that you actually save the money you are earning at that soul-crushing job you have.

I like the staff at the school, they make it a very rewarding environment to have a work-study position.

Major

Greensboro College is a place where people can come to get a good education but at a very costly price which results in a low graduation rating.

I would now tell myself about how focused one has to be in order to succeed in college. I would also have told myself about how it's really not that big of a change from high school. I wouldn't come in expecting a brand new life. I also would advise myself to try and want to go to class and get in the habbit of looking forward to it, because it's very hard to push yourself to go to an 8 am class and you actually have a chose in going or staying in the bed.

I wish that I had known that I wasn't going to recieve the necessary aid to attend instead of taking out large loans

I guess the only thing i'd really tell myself is listen to your instincts. That go to the school that fits, and not to second guess anything becaus I love where I am. I'd probably also warn myself to buy a few more posters because dorm walls look bare without color on them.

Heather

They are very educated and most of my classmates are more responsible than others. They want to make good grades and they also offer to help other students if they need help also. There's not many students who are "class clowns" or distrupt the class. Everyone is there to get an education.

I would say visit as many schools as possible before choosing one they are interested in. Also ask about the dorms if they are safe or not. See what the size rate is for the classroom. Also check about tuition because if you cannot afford the college, do not go there. Making the most of college is making new friends and having a good time when you're not busy doing school work. Do not go home all the time if you are close. Hang out with those friends because they are the ones you will have forever. Go to sporting events to watch your school play; also get involved with some type of group if it's sports or the band. It not only looks good, but it is also fun.

It is a small school and we see the same faces everywhere we go. The classes are small, which means we get more time with the professor and they know our names. We can see them in their hours they are not teaching to get extra help or whatever we may need. It's also close to downtown and there are plenty of things to do there.

Laura

It is very easy to make friends with classmates. The vast majority of students in your classes are all aiming toward similar educational goals. Classmates provide an excellent support system.

When you visit a campus, meet some of the professors and some of the students. Really try to get a feel for what the college is like. Find somewhere that you feel you can see yourself being successful and happy for the next 4 years.

Teresa

Greensboro College is a learning-based university. It is a place that offers learning, safety and an easy going environment. The university offers extra help to struggling students over the age of 40. The staff takes time with you to ensure that you completely understand what is expected of you and supplies the material and technology that is required to assist you in completing a project.

The advice that I would give to parents is to talk to their child and make sure that they are ready to accept the task that is before them. College is no highschool. I will advise the parents to explain to their child that attending college is like taking on a full time job and that the student will get their salary once they walk down the aisle and accept their diploma. Prepare the child to be responsible for their actions. Meaning that the tasks or assignments are to be taken seriously and there is a deadline. College is too expensive and if the student is not ready to make a committment to strive and do the best that he/she can then , the parent must decide that their child is not ready. I would suggest to the parents to enroll their child into a two year program at a community college and see how the child adapts and performs and if the child does good, then the child can transfer to a four year college.

Cyndel

Decide what college you want to go to based on their academic standards, as an athlete don't just go to a college because they have the sport that you play. It's all about the academics because you are not going to get a degree by playing a sport. Pick a place that has the class size that you will feel most comfortable about. If you would like to communicate with your professors more often you need to pick a college that most likely has smaller classes. Stay involved with the student activities that are going around. You don't have to drink to have fun. Find somewhere that has places to go on the weekend just to get a break from your studies.

This school has by far been the best school that I have visited, I just felt so comfortable and more a part of the school than any other. The professors here are very understanding and are able to help you out at any time. They are both caring and knowlegable. I would recommend this school to anyone who likes small classes.

I brag mostly about how the professors are very understanding.

Greensboro College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.