Hannibal, MO
Hannibal-LaGrange University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hannibal-LaGrange University

Cerenda

Hannibal-LaGrange University is a smaller school. You can get anywhere on campus in under 10 minutes which is very convenient. There are always things to do on campus whether that be Wallyball in the gym or Family Feud in the Student Center. The campus is beautiful and conveniently placed. Anything you could possibly need can be found in one of the many shops in the Hannibal area. Class sizes are anywhere between 12 to 50 people and the professor stays in control of the classroom. The professors are kind, helpful, and try to engage their students in their lectures. The students and staff on campus are kind and many will offer their help if they know someone is struggling with something, whether that be a class they are taking or a stage prop they are trying to move. So far I have really enjoyed my experience at HLGU and will definitely be back this fall!

MaKenna

Overall, Hannibal-LaGrange has become home to me. The atmosphere is incredible, and the support here makes me believe I have the potiential to do something amazing with my life. I'm inspired every day by the caring faculty and staff. Typically, I'm to shy to push myself, but this school has broke that habit and I'm so greatful for it. Also, our campus is just beautiful. We are a tree campus so in the fall it's all color! I'm extremly proud to be a Trojan!

Jacob

It is a good quality campus and educational experience. There isn't much that make it really stand out other than accessible professors and the Christian atmosphere on campus. One of the down sides to this campus is there isn't many activities through the student life. The town of Hannibal is an amazing little town that seems almost like a Hallmark movie town.

Steven

I like this college because it is easy to access and it has the degree I wanted. It has many of the classes that I wanted in the subjects that I want. They also allow me to live off campus and commute back and forth to school. I also am in easy commuting distance to my job.

Dalen

When I first stepped on to HLG's campus as a sophomore in high school, I immediately fell in love with the campus and the town. There is always people to find and meet, considering our student body we have one of the highest international student ratio. The atmosphere here is very friendly and unapologetically Christian.

emily

In college, it is a much tougher experience than high school. Not only are classes in college harder but you dont have a teacher calling your parents if you missed a class. Teachers may not tell you that missing classes will affect your grade but you miss out on participation points and homework. It is very hard to juggle work and school but you must make sure to only take the amount of classes that work well enough with your schedule. This is just the jist of college but Good Luck!

Alysia

It had a good teacher to student ratio. It has an accredited nursing program compared to other colleges in the area. The school also offers many scholarships, including for homeschoolers.

I would tell to myself to buy comfortable shoes and socks, because I would be wearing them all day long for 13 hours or more. I would do this because coming from a homeschooling background. I had no need for wearing shoes all day long. It has one of the hardest transitions for me.

The school organizes their schedule around yours. Teachers are happy and willing to help with any questions, concerns, or comments. The school has an excellent athletic program which caters to many sports and abilities.

Chase

Hannibal-LaGrange University has a tight-knit community and flourishing academic and athletic programs; if you're searching for the best university, start with Hannibal-LaGrange.

If I could go back and visit myself in 2011 as a high school senior, I would definitely tell myself to take more chances. College life can be very intimidating. Caution is good, but it can also lead to downfall. That being said, I would have told myself to follow my heart in some situations, instead of following my logic. I would have told myself to befriend as many people as possible. Especially at Hannibal-LaGrange, in such a tight-knit community, you get to know a lot of people and it is really nice to know most of your campus. I have made lots of new friends, but I would have told myself to be more outgoing and just take a chance with more people. Lastly, I would have told myself to study 15 more minutes for my New Testament class. I was 1 grade-point away from getting straight A's. In the end, there isn't really much I would have told myself. I am very happy with where I have ended up at Hannibal-LaGrange.

Hannibal-LaGrange University is located in Hannibal, MO, a very, very small town. There are really not very many things to do on the weekends or even on weeknights. That being said, it does allow you to find quirky things to enjoy about the town. For instance, it has a very ecclectic history and very interesting and exciting downtown life. Even though it's very small and very boring at times, it's one of my favorite places on earth.

fawn

If I could go back in time and speak to my high school self I would remind myself how quickly 4 years will go by, even though it seems like eternity. I would tell myself to persevere though the hard times, and turn down fun, social events if my work is not complete. Finally, I would tell myself to take advantage and make the most of the gifts that had been given to me.

The best thing about the program is the small class size.

The most frustrating thing about school is attending in a distance learning enviroment.

Michaela

My classmates are energetic, enjoyable, and seem to be a group of individuals who will work diligently to accomplish their goals and make a difference in the ways that they are able; my specific classmates who are closer friends are fun, have helped me to lighten up a bit, and are seeking to be who God is calling them to be.

During the first year of college, I have learned much about myself, others, and life in general. College, as a stepping stone to life, is to prepare you for what is ahead. It takes commitment and discipline to do your homework or study for that test when you know your friends are watching a move, playing games, etc. There must be a balance between burying your head in your books and enjoying the experiences of college though. This is unlike any other time you will ever have. I have learned how to open up in a different way this year at college; my friends have stretched me to step out of my boundaries, to be okay with being goofy sometimes, and to be more social. My closest friends here at college are still from the first week of Freshman Orientation. Even though there may be silly activities and there may be other things you would rather be doing, it is totally worth it in the long run to attend these. Not only has college taught me to be disciplined and to reach beyond my own boundaries, but it has taught me the value of life experience and relationships.

Before coming to this school, I wish I had known that several classes are only offered every other year, so one's major choice is important to make early on so s/he can graduate within the desired time frame.

Hannibal-LaGrange University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.