Horry-Georgetown Technical College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Horry-Georgetown Technical College

Rebecca

Overall, I really like it. They have a variety of programs to choose from and the guidance staff are very helpful with finding a program that might suit you. The entire staff are very helpful and informative. The campus is food is quite good, the prices can be a little high, but it's worth it.

Daniela

very nice school, not big on sports but it is a techinical school class size isnt overwhelming and you feel as if its a family almost. food is alright, pricey but its good. everything else is pretty good although i wish there was more activites to do.

Jonathan

It is a great school if you are looking for certifications or vocational training but if you want to transfer to a 4 year school, depending on the department you will find that they are lacking in properly trained knowledgeable instructors and even worse that some instructors have no business instructing anyone.

Alan

I strongly believe that Horry-Georgetown Technical College is a great college. Many students communicate with one another and would also join doing some activities together. Many of the staff members love the students who attend there. I strongly recommend for people to attend this wonderful college.

Olivia

I feel that it is a great school to go to if you are not sure of what you want to do in the long run. It is also a place to start and transfer your credits. The classroom sizes are reasonably small, so my professor know my name. The professors that I have experienced truly love what they are teaching, and they that rubs off on their students.

Nathan

I really like Horry-Georgetown Technical College. The professors and advisers are all willing to help out with anything they can. All my classes are either online or in the same building. The fellow students are all smart and cool. The classes are straight forward and sometimes difficult, but that's what I look for in my education. HGTC is a very good place to start your college education.

Kelsey

My time at Horry-Georgetown Technical College was spent in the PACE (Program for Accelerated College Enrollment) as a high school senior, so I cannot really speak on behalf of all its students. It's a nice way for 11th and 12th graders to earn college credit by actually dipping their feet into the water, attending a brick-and-mortar academic setting. At the Grand Strand campus where I attended, there are vending machines with a variety of snacks, a cafe with limited hours, a selection of fascinating classrooms, a lovely outdoor shopping center near campus, and a bookstore. However, there is no known housing or extracurricular activities, or at least they aren't heavily promoted. Still, I do recommend it for students who desire to get ahead in terms of credit.

Nathan

Hi, my name is Nathan Saylors and I am on fire to learn all the new classes I am about to embark on this fall at Horry Georgetown Technical College. Jennifer Hudson is a famous pop music star. She once said, "Don't be afraid the answers, be afraid of not asking the questions". I like asking questions. I am a curious person. I am autistic so in order to make sure I am interpreting information correctly I ask questions to receive feedback and verify comprehension. Autism has actually worked in my favor in learning, as it seems to help with study and focus. My favorite ways to learn are: Hands-on training, Video/Audio Instruction, One on One and Group Assignments. I am attracted to complicated problems and feel a reward of satisfaction when achieving results. I also enjoy incorrect results as they teach us to continue to pursue, improve and breakthrough boundaries of thought and actions. Horry Georgetown Technical College offers everything I personally need to excel on my journey. I am thankful to have such a great faculty at HGTC to help us achieve more than we ever expected from ourselves.

Maliyah

I went to Early College High School on Horry Georgetown Tech campus and I loved it from high school all the way thorough earning my associate degree and certificate. I earned my associate degree in arts and science, which means I took most of my general education classes my junior and senior year of high school. What I especially love about tech is the small class sizes. I never felt like my professor did not know my name. Every class my professors would address me by name. Secondly, I loved the cafe on campus. I love to eat, so I was always in the cafe. Latoya and Mike some of the cafe staffers knew who I was and always let me in on upcoming deals on cafe items and changes to the menu. Lastly, everyone knows everyone at tech. The people in classes will remember who you are after the class in over. The people beside you will more than likely become your friends depending on the class. The more interaction you have with the class and the teacher the better experience you will have at tech. I personally love tech, the professors I had and the friends that I've made. I have done all I can do at tech and it is sad that I will be leaving to peruse my education at a 4 yr college but I will never forget where my college level education started.

Eryka

I enjoy going to classes everyday and not having a huge campus. The staff is very helpful. I learn a lot and the teachers are always available. There is a good atmosphere there because all of the students are there to better help themselves. This makes it easier to study and do schoolwork on campus.

Hector

i love it! i wish i could stay longer but i am transferring to coastal or USC for baseball. I still am going to per-sue my dream as a business major and tend to open my own company and use my degree and business experience to find jobs and make contracts.

Syarrah

I really enjoyed my professors. They’re typically always available through email, office hours, before or after class. If you don’t understand something they don’t mind repeating themselves until all students understand. Other departments (other than professors) could improve on their customer service/people skills but I overall enjoy HGTC.

Quadrion

I love it . The classes are small and the teachers appear to care about you and you getting your education. My experience at Horry-Georgetown as a bridge student has allowed me and given me the opportunity to have the college life while not having the overwhelming experience that many new college students have ; such as the large classrooms and big crowds. It's very intimate here which I love.

Adrian

This is a technical college, this is so far my first year here. It's been great going to school and working. This school is a great step for highschoolers wanting to save money before 4 year schooling and for adults looking to get back into class. Not only do they have certificates but associate degrees for the next step. This is a great school and shouldn't be looked down upon.

kendall

Horry-George Town is a college that really feels like a Family. It is a very humble school with very down to earth students and teachers. Initially, when I told some of my friends I was going to Horry George town they looked down on me. They saw it as just a technical college and did not respect it and to some degree neither did I before I started to attend it. The teachers are so passionate and cultured. One of my favorites professors Babatunde is from Nigeria is an extremely interesting and understanding teacher. He taught me more math in a semester then I learned in almost all of high school. Because of the cost of attending HGTC and the transfer program, it offers we have a very diverse school. Ive met people from Algeria, Morroco, Israel, Ethiopia. Nigeria and many more places. Horry Georgetown has been an amazing experience and I'm glad to have gone, I would highly recommend it to anyone as a perfect start for your college career.