Iowa Central Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Iowa Central Community College

Iowa Central has so many different things that you can do on and off campus. The teachers make sure that you know that studying is an important thing to do. Iowa Central always has something for you to do in your spare time such as; sports, musical/ plays, as long with many other fun activities to do.

Heather

I feel some of the teachers were engaging and cared while others were very apathetic about their jobs. There were many times that the students were not very interactive, and the teacher was not helpful. I had many people drop out of the harder classes, so the classes ended up being pretty small. Many teachers would teach different courses over the same material. My Micro/Macro teacher was terrible, and the "interactive" website we used for these classes always froze or didn't run properly. There were several instances when technology failed for us students at Iowa, either due to outdated links or material. On the other hand, teachers like my managerial/financial accounting teacher were terrific. She was engaging, challenging, and always eager to answer questions and help us learn. At the end of her managerial accounting class, there were only three students. I believe we all did well because no matter the material, she was always able to make it understanding for us who wished to learn. So, overall, some aspects and teachers made learning fun and easy; while, other teachers and easily avoided technical difficulties made Iowa Central less welcoming.

Dominic

I think it is a great campus to live on, but they could do better in pushing students to join activities or clubs. Most people are not involved in anything outside of their classes. Despite this, they have numerous programs and lots of offered help to ensure their students succeed. I would definitely recommend Iowa Central Community College to someone.

aimee

A good starting place for my career, small classes and campus. A good learning environment for my self and my peers. I will be in the marching band which I was not offered in my high school. I have already had an opportunity to meet and play with the band.

Josie

Iowa Central Community College is a great college for those who either want an affordable education or prefer a smaller college feel. There are many clubs that students have the opportunity to become involved in, as well as many campus-wide events. There are plenty of opportunities provided for students to meet other people as well as have a good time. One specific event held is the late night breakfast, free for students, during finals week. This event is held to reduce the stressors of finals week. The facilities are up to date, and there are many hot spots for students to hang out and study. Overall, Iowa Central is a great place for beginning higher education students to get used to the college feel while also saving money!