Knoxville, TN
Johnson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Johnson University

Samuel

Johnson University is a very nice university. Being a Christian institute, I have been able to pursue my career in a welcoming environment. The small campus size brings a home like feeling to the students on campus and allow for everyone to know each other. The students are typically very friendly and helpful. All professors live on or near campus and so are readily available.

Nathan

Johnson is a Christian university and is near Knoxville, TN and plenty of beautiful outdoor activities. The instructors are very engaging and everyone is friendly and helpful. The education level is right up there with many of the bigger universities. I have attended several universities and I feel that this one is like coming home. As a doctorate student, I needed to be very careful about choosing a good university and this one has not disappointed.

I am glad i made the decision that i did to attend here. The instructors I've met have been great people.

All people are welcome but those who are Christian minded will find it easier to embrace? the curriculum.

I feel that I am receiving a challenging and balanced education with many options to grow and extend/expand my desires.

I wish they administered the LMS, Sakai better.

I really like their global outreach and multicultural research presence.

Liberal minded people would struggle here.

This is a Christian School with emphasis on the church of Christ restoration movement.

I do not like the way they administrator the LMS Sakai.

Brian
Be your mission

JU is a place to activate your ministry and what God is calling you to do.

Be your mission

JU is a place to activate your ministry and what God is calling you to do.

Laura

I believe the worst thing about our school is that different school groups don't always communicate their events very well. Sometimes I don't always know what's going on unless I am in the group itself.

The most frustrating the about my school is that we are now transitioning between college and university status. Because of this, many programs and program requirements are changing. At times, not knowing exactly what classes you should and shouldn't take can be rather frustrating.

Priscilla

I exelled in high school. Everything I set my mind to I acheived and have brought myself great satisfaction and great personal reward for all my hard work. The one peice of advice I would have given myself that would have made things easier on me now would have been to tell myself to seriously apply to scholarships. I did not take applying to several scholarships seriously; in the sense that I did not apply to any at first. My Bright Future's Scholarship is now over with and it would have been nice had I applied to scholarships the last two years to have saved up that money to help pay for school now. It will be more of a struggle to pay for school now than it would have been if I could have given myself that advice, but even so I will continue to strive for my goals and continue to acheive my goals in life just as I have always done.

Gabrielle

My school is best known for preparing and sending out Christians leaders around the world. They educate students for Christian ministry and other vocations framed by the Great Commission so that they can extend the kingdom of God to all nations. Johnson helps its students grow spiritually in their relationships with God and equips them to be better men and women of God.

Any person that does not believe in God and is not interested in learning more about him should not attend Johnson. Johnson is a college that was founded on the Bible and anyone who does not believe that the Bible is the true word of God, would not like it here. Those who do not believe that Christ is their Savior and that he died on the cross to save them from their sins, should not go to this college.

The classmates at Johnson University (formally Johnson Bible College) are great! Because Johnson has a smaller number of students than most high schools, it just makes everyone closer. We are like a giant family. You are able to know everyone on campas by name because of the small size, but its great because there are enough people that you can hang out with different people if you wanted to. I love all of the students that come here, and I consider them like family, they are definetly going to be friends for life.

If I could go back to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to go to the library more and study every night. You have to know how to study and study a lot in the right way. In order to do well in all of your classes you HAVE to study. Also, I would tell myself to get involved in different activities to get to know other people better.

The most frustrating thing about Johnson University (formally Johnson Bible College) is that the food services has been changing this year. As a result the River Grill dramatically downsized their portions and quality, and the Gally Commons quality also went down. Since being back after Christmas break, however it has been better, but during the fall semester it was frustrating knowing that we pay about $8.00 a meal and dont feel like we got what we paid for in quanitity or quality.

Firstly, make sure to keep good grades. Good grades and test scores translate directly into money in college. The better you do now, the more money you have to pay for college. Also, take your classes seriously. People flunk out all the time for silly things like simply not going to class so that they can play games or sleep in. You are paying for every hour of class you register for, whether you are there or not. If you flunk out because of slacking off, you have wasted your time and money, and lots of it. The other big piece of advice I could offer is to be prepared to meet the best friends you will ever have. Many students, especially at Johnson Bible College (Recently renamed: Johnson University) meet their spouces there. I did and I don't regret it in the least bit. And my closest of friends also came from college, and I try my best to stay in touch with them. These are going to be some of the best years of your life, make sure that you don't waste them!

The community. The people, both students and faculty, are all very welcoming and form a great community. Students are actually encouraged to get more involved off campus because it is so easy to live perfectly content just on campus with your other friends!

You only learn as much as you want to. Make sure to take enough notes and KEEP THEM! You will find yourself going back to your notes on a regular basis once you are in your career.

Teryn

You will not be able to find nicer people anywhere! My classmates are filled with the spirit of the Lord and they genuinely care about you and your well being. I do not know of any other college where this is more true.

I have learned so much in my time here already. Through my college experience so far I have grown in my relationship with Christ and have really understood where God is calling me. I think that attending a Christian college has been a very smart move for me because I am not only getting a quality education but I am also getting the oppurtunity to learn more about my beliefs and the beliefs of others while I am getting the support of friends who share the same morals and ideals as I do. Attending this school has been really valuable to my faith as well as getting the schooling I need. It has really helped me to stay on track because I do not have as many temptations as I might at a public university. Johnson Bible College gives me the tools I need to reach my goals and to be able to reach out to help others.

I think that Johnson is best known for the quality education that you recieve while living and learning in a faith based enviornment.

Our campus is its own little community. It is located in South Knoxville but we are located in a little area called Kimberlin Heights so it is not in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of a big city. Every store, restraunt, and service you would need are close and easy to get to and are within 5 miles.

I am 42 years old. I got married right out of high school and had three children. My youngest child is autistic and so I have dealt a lot with schools. My children grew up and when the two oldest graduated from high school I tried to decide what I wanted to do. When I was 39 years old I decided to come to college and persue a degree in education. After all the involvement I had while my children were growing up I knew the school system needed good, Christian teachers to help guide the young students. Out of this college experience I have learned the skills needed to teach in a public and Christian school. Since I am older I have also been around normal college aged students which I feel has helped me to learn to better relate to students today. The temperament and values of children today are very different then I went to school so I feel that I am more in touch with children today and the needs that they now have. I have learned better approaches to reach these needs than what I had experienced when I was going through school.

The most frustrating thing is that the It department (computer services) is not always the quickest to help you with computers problems. The internet is provided but when there are problems they are the most prompt on getting them fixed.

Johnson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.