Livermore, CA
Las Positas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Las Positas College

Meena

My school would be most likely best known for it being a good california community college to transfer from. It has a very high transfer rate and is also in the bay area. An area that many students desire to go to schools in so it makes it easier to transfer to universities in the area given that they favor transfer students that are attending bay area community colleges such as las positas.

Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know about college life now and making the transition, I would tell myself the exact opposite of what I believed in high school. As a senior not only was I naive and had an attitude that consisted of nothing but ditching school and partying but I did not understand the severity of my foolish actions. I did not realize that the lifestyle that I possesed at the time would continue to shape the nea future that would send my life in a completely different direction. I would tell myself that if I did not put myself into the routine of becoming studious and having concern for my grades, that my life would continue to spiral downwards for the rest of my life. I would tell myself to participate actively in school more because it would help to make the transition into college much easier. The last thing I would tell myself having now experienced the "partying" aspect of college, is to understand that there needs to be a balance of both in life and it is very important to establishthat.

The worst thing about my school would be the fact that as of the 2009 spring semester it has been very difficult to get the classes that are needed in order to transfer to a 4 year university in 2 years. The classes are overcrowded and the school in general does not have enough classes allocated for the amount of students that need them.

Charlotte

If I were to go back in time to my senior year in high school I would tell myself to save all the money that I made working as a restaurant hostess. Now that I am a college student I have realized that I should have saved every dollar I made to afford the costs of tuition and books that are necessary to complete my education. I failed to understand that junior college also has a lot of expenses. Without money it would be impossible for my to be successful in my classes. Another piece of advice that I would have given myself is to start researching my major choice earlier. I should have talked to college councilors as a senior to make a more concrete career goal. When I graduated I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to take until I begin taking general education courses. It wasn't until my sophomore year in college when I realized that I wanted to double major in dance and business. After completing my economics and ballet classes I decided that I wanted a dance career with a business foundation.

I have taken ballet classes at my community college and I am desperately afraid of the slippery dance floor. The building contractors failed to put the final finish on the wooden floor. Therefore, the floor is alarmingly slippery. In addition, the contractors mounted the ballet bars onto the studio mirrors. This makes it extremely difficult to see your entire reflection in order to maintain proper placement. Overall, these rooms look amazing but they were not constructed properly for a dancer.

When I brag to my friends about my junior college I tell them that my professors are very congenial and excessable. When I have questions about tests or homework I am able to reach them online or in their offices. I also find that the student body is very nice and supportive of each other. In addition, the campus is very impressive. They are expanding it by building new facilities. One of which will be the new performing arts theatre. I wish I could take advantage of it , but I will be transferring in the fall.

Its either becuase it is behind Costoco, the beautiful condo complex that surrouds the community, or maybe considerd a low standard goal if a highschool graduate does not meat the SAT standard of a university or a state, or the transfer program. Im pretty sure if anyone who attended or attends Las Positas would agree with my answers being one or another.

If if giving advice to myself as a highschool senior with the knowledge i know now, I would abuse my privalge. I have a pretty good memory and I would be able to find myself out of thousands of loopholes. I would probably givemyself "advice" on every to the answers of every exam I have ever taken. I would also givemyself advice to accept braces while I am insured to have a handsome smile for the college years. For my first serious advice I would mostlikey motivate myself by telling the senior of the past to go straight to college instead of taking a year break. Also i would say "Don't to worry about the money, girls, and the fraction of 29 out of 30 so-called friends that i havent seen since highschool." I would also givemyself plenty of advice such as prepering for a day and being more organized becuase I would not stress being ready for the day and knowing how exactly it is going to end. Also to sleep as much as I can while I can.

In Las Positas community college everything is great, as in the whole entire inviornment such as diversity in ethnicity, great teachers who are always helpfull if are seeked for help, Its beautiful and has a nice background with hills and a winery. It feels very comfortable . The whole inviornment is very important I believe. It's like a hermit crab. Hermit crabs will ditch a the cramped uncomfortable shell and find a new one that it would fit in. Im not leaving Las Positas till finish up the rest of my thirty units.

Patricia

Lukily, I am surrounded by many classmates that are very hard-working, determined individuals that have a strong sense of knowing what their goals are in life.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not slack off because hard work always pays off. The more you do now will make it easier for yourself in the future. I only took one AP class even though I had a lot of extra time on my hands and could have taken more. Now I'm going to have to take summer school to be able to stay on track to finish community college in two years, therefore shortening my vacation time in Hong Kong this summer. I also could have signed up for a class that would have allowed me to enroll in a beauty institute that would permit me to recieve a beauty license after two years, but I was too lazy. If I had done so, I could have become a makeup artist by now, which is one of my dreams in life. Now I reap the consequence of having to work extra hard to pick up the slack that I left off in my senior year and having to pack many difficult classes together for the next two years.

I would consider the worst thing about my school to be that there are too many people enrolled and it is becoming crowded. This makes it especially difficult to sign up for the classes that you want and find parking spaces.

To me this school is unique because it offers a certificate in viniculture since the school is located in wine country. The school has it's own vineyards which I think is great since it really gives the students following that course hands on experience. Another aspect of the school that I find unique is that its small size helps create a sense of family between everyone since you get to know and see a lot more people more of the time.

One of the most important requirements of attempting any type of degree is the english requirement. At least in California, there is an absolute minimum of two college level english courses that need to be taken in order to transfer or obtain any type of degree. My senior year in high school also required me to take an english class of course. Part of the curriculum that my teacher taught us as seniors was how college essays were structured, what the requirements of them would be, and what the best steps to take to complete them are. All of the information that he taught us in high school turned out to be exactly what was expected of a student on almost any type of project in almost any type of class. Although english may not be someone's major, it is definitely one of the most important foundations for suceeded in other classes. Therefore, I would have told myself as a senior to document all of the strategies and requirements that my english teacher taught us in our senior english class.

Since this school is so impacted now due to our economy and budget cuts, it is obvious that someone who is not looking to use their education towards future goals should not attend. A vast majority of the students at this school are very focused on transferring to other schools, which makes their classes very important to them. I do believe that someone who is not taking the classes wholeheartedly should not be there because they are taking the place of someone who could put taking that class and getting that grade to good use.

Mona

Location and the professors are friendly and really focused on undergrads, online courses and evening class are always available, even when the class is full. Administration are really great and they care and listen to the students.

I should have went to college right after high school. I had a good job and college was not on my mind at the time.

A person who want a career choice and give some peer that open doors. A person who want to e good at what hope achieve and have goals that would like to aspire and want to make something of themselves.

Nahil

My classmates are the type of people that you want to really learn and grow from in both an academic, social and maturity standpoint. When people say that the people you meet in college are the individuals that make a real impact on your life and stick around to become life long friends, I would have to say that my classmates are just those people. They are all dedicated and extremely motivated to achieve their goals to become successful, happy and accomplished individuals which makes me even more content with surrounding myself with people who strive for the same goals.

I would definitely take the time to sit that person down and explain to them to stop being closed minded about the idea that junior college is a place for a lazy or poor student and that it's actually an excellent environment. It?s a place for preparation for the future, financially affordable and a great place to meet so many brilliant professors and people. I would want myself to know how lucky I was to have the opportunity to live so close to such a great community college that everything was at the tips of my fingers. Junior college wasn't a step backwards for me, it was a step forwards to a new environment of where I have built myself academically and mentally, and my determination to work towards a goal and dedication to achieve it. Going to a community/junior college was the best decision of my life so far and I wish I knew that in senior year so that I did not have to stress so much off the false stereotypes.

Darius

My classmates are diligent, ambitious students that have just launched their education, or returning students looking to expand their current education or start afresh.

As a time traveler coming back to myself as a high school senior, I would introduce a novel perspective to my old self. That perspective was softly drilled into my head as I joined the ranks of college students that endlessly muse about what to do with their lives. After meeting these troubled, searching students, I learned that many of them were cracked by the stress of what to do with their lives. I asked myself: how can it be so hard to know what you want to do? I thought that they should just do what they really want to do. That's when I met the drill which carried my epiphany. As I would tell my past self, it was drilled into my head that you must do whatever you know to your core that you would love to do. That is, I have decided that a career is not about amassing wealth, savings, and buying things, but it is about giving your passion to the world. As my past self would look at me with wide, equivocal eyes, I would say to put all of your effort, no matter how taxing, into the passion you live for.

The type of person that should attend this school is anyone who dreams of capturing their lifelong passion. This school allows you ato join the ranks of the educated without having to be a genius. You are allowed to explore different majors and careers without making a rushed decision. As your teachers will aid you in finding your niche, they subtly motivate you to take on challenges and to be successful. In addition to the wonderful teaching and educational planning, the cost is low enough to get anyone started. This school is for those who need a chance to learn.

Las Positas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.