Las Positas College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Las Positas College

Laura

Las Positas College is a great school to start if you want to save money for the first two years of college education. I strongly recommend this school for those who are working hard, likes to learn new things, and are self-motivated. Although the majority of students only go to this college for class, there are really good student-led clubs, sports teams, a student government, and an award-winning speech and debate team that are open to all LPC students. However, we don't have a lot of school spirit because we don't have any dorms, Greek life, frequent school events, cheerleading, and football games. The food is mediocre because there are not many healthy options on campus. I do not recommend this school for those who are into wild partying and nonstop gaming because we don't have any access for alcohol/drugs and gaming is not allowed anywhere on campus except for the cafeteria and club rooms. The good news for gamers are there are two LPC gaming clubs: a Gamers' Lounge for those who are looking for tournaments and a LPC Tabletop Club for those who like card/board games. However, those clubs are recommended for gamers who are prioritizing good study habits over compulsive gaming. When it comes to educational opportunities, there is always counseling, library access, free tutoring, and office hours available to students who are seeking help on their educational goals. At last but not least, this college has one of the highest number of students who are seeking transfer to a 4-year university for a Bachelor's Degree.

katryna

Las Positas is filled with highly educated teachers and willing to learn students. like every school there are those few individual educators who lack communication skills but overall I have not had a horrific experience with a professor. the only downside that I have found with this college is the parking. I imagine like other campuses parking is always horrendous and sometimes it is difficult to find a reasonable spot to park. Only the first few weeks you might have to park off campus. Overall the facilities are great and very useful, the teachers are normally there if you need them, and the schools community is a great and safe place to be.

Joselyn

It is a great campus. Even though this is my first semester at Las Positas, the students and teachers are extremely welcoming and friendly. There are various things to do around campus, if you have hour gaps, as I do. The library has a variety of books to choose from and also has study rooms that are available to a group of 2-6 people for two hour periods a day. They have a wide range of clubs going on around campus. Being social and talking to other students can also be a great way to spend the time. Academically, the classes they offer are fantastic. I wish they had a wider range of classes and majors though.

Reese

Overall, I think Las Positas is a good school. It's not my dream school but it's a good place to start and save money before transferring to a 4 year campus. They have awesome programs to help students succeed as well as awesome student clubs. They also have awesome buildings and are working on updating more. I would recommend this school.

Ronald

I feel like this is a pretty good community college that has a lot to offer students depending on what their educational goals are. There is a large fire department program where students seem to be pretty happy working while taking classes on campus. This school has nice facilities.

Caitlin

I enjoy going to Las Po! Most of my general education classes were easy to get into, and with making sure to get opinions from other students, I've always picked amazing professors. Although for my major, there's a lack of professors, and the professors present aren't the most engaged. They also don't offer some of the classes needed to transfer.

Vissuta

It is a really good school for students who decided to go to community college first because the classes are cheaper and it really does prepared students for states school and universities. There are a lot of great professor here at Las Positas.

A very great college. its great for those who wish to attend higher level school but either cant afford or arent ready for a 4 year college. classes are small, professors are nice, campus is beautiful. It is on a hill so you do get a work out though.

Amber

I really enjoy going to this school. The teachers are a pleasure to learn from. They care very much about student success and try to make each student feel important. The campus is very well maintained. Students are enjoyable to interact with. This is a good school.

shively

I have been attending the school for about two years. Overall, the campus is extremely safe, the staff and students are friendly, and campus is pretty clean. The school provides a wide variety of classes to choose from, and obtaining classes is not that difficult, unless you are looking at the hard sciences. What could be improved upon, however, is the difficulty of some of the courses offered as a way to prepare for a university.

Jonathan

Las Positas is a college that cares about the students by offering great councilors that make sure you're on the right path as well as help you achieve that goal, free tutoring, financial aid and many activities for students. What it lacks is in certain departments their is a lack of teachers. In the computer science department, we had only two teachers teach advanced c++and one of them only taught one single class while the other had 5 different classes he teaches. The problem with this is that they barely ever become available and make many pacing errors causing the students to fall behind or become confused. The amount of things to do is almost nothing but it's moslty a place to learn so it does very well in that aspect.

Las Positas College has opened up a new world of higher education to me as a student. As a mediocre high school student I wasn't expecting to like college at all but as a began taking classes at LPC I realized just how wonderful learning can be. Every professor I have had has given me every resource available to students. Las Positas has been the greatest college experience I have had.

Nicholas

Las Positas College is a great college to attend because of the people that attend there, great facilities, faculty, and student body. The students that attend this college are extremely friendly and are very respectful when it comes to other peoples religion. The facilities are relatively new and clean compared to other colleges. The Faculty that is there for the students are amazing to work with and give us students more of a reason to strive for better by challenging us through our studies. Along with the great students that attend there is the great student body as well. The student body's motives are to make the students lifes easier and better at Las Positas College. Overall I had a great time attending this school and encourage others to take the time to see for themselves for how great this college is as well.

Rajan

Its a really nice school to be in after high school. It’s not too big or small. The staff/factually members I’ve met are extremely kind and always help you the best they can, especially in the administration building & counselors. I feel safe on campus & I love the library. It’s a nice size, quiet, and clean. We could use more parking and better cafateria food but other than that I honestly love going to school there!

Matthew

Due to the nature of community colleges, Las Positas doesn't have very many people staying on campus. I find that the professors are very hit or miss, but most of them are good. I've only heard of one club, the business club. I don't know many people on campus and I haven't made that many new friends because people seem to go to class and leave the school. I'm sure if I tried more I could make friends, but the lack of campus life makes it difficult. Overall, the academics are really good but social life is lacking.

Mariel

There are few teachers that are genuinely interested in teaching their students quality and professional education. Unfortunately, the average teacher is not too available, selective towards students, and has low standards. There are clear tracks for stem majors, nurses, fire tech, and police training. Theatre also has a good track, but there will be new teachers next year, si it might change. There are no real film classes, but there is an opportunity to learn radio broadcasting and journalism, and use film as your personal medium. Overall, it truly is just a transitional community college. You must do your own research on transferring if you are not a stem major and or plan to attend a university that is not a UC or CSU.

Callie

It's great to use as an extra step when you're coming out of high school and still don't know what you want to do or you struggled with school and need a second chance to improve your grades and take care of requirements before going on to a UC or CSU. It is also a very solid cheap alternative to a university entirely if you're looking for just an Associate's degree. It is a very good option for those who are young and old alike to get an education and the resource center is very well developed to help you along the way.

Drew

Las Positas was a great two year institution. It was easy to reach someone such as a teacher or counselor when needed which made the two year transfer progress go by as smooth as possible. Las Positas has a nice and safe campus where I have never felt uncomfortable with where I am. There are always clubs and organizations with booths around the campus that are either fundraising for their club or community service which a lot of people participate in. Their sports teams seem to be going strong such as swimming/diving, basketball, and soccer. The downside of Las Positas was that there were big class sizes which made it hard for students to spend one on one time with teachers inside of the classroom, but they had office hours that made up for that one on one time students miss out on in class.

Suelyn

It's a beautiful college with teachers that really care about their students and their GPAs and the fact that they care so much about the student's success is what I think really matters the most because they're what make the school great. They just recently fixed up the campus too so now it's as beautiful on outside as it is on the inside.

Nick

I have attended Las Positas for roughly two years, and it has given me all that I could have asked for. The campus is very clean and new, and the people are relatively friendly. I have had some of my favorite teachers, and never had a hard time getting into classes or finding classes I needed in order to transfer.

Danielle

The teachers are nice and the campus is nice ,but the wait to speak to someone in admissions is very long. The library is new and very spacious. There is plenty of seating and a nice size cafeteria. The food on camps could be better. Some things taste better then others,people there are very nice. The class size is not very big at all. The classrooms are pretty small as well.

Rachael

Las Positas College - My experience at this community college has shown to be very enticing and eventful. This college has a variety of beneficial and opportunistic courses; tying in the environment and staff allocates a superb learning environment. For me, the most decisive and helpful assistance I could have received was from the Student Counselors and the Professors. These Counselors have put in a lot of time into aiding, re-looking, and assisting in any way possible; I know that I would have had a significantly more difficult time with my education planning, without their guidance. These educators deliver high-quality education; also giving ample time and communication to individual students and myself who need additional assistance. These instructors have all been incredibly diligent in their efforts. I am highly looking forward to continuing my education and collecting my next degree. I truly hope that this has given a glimpse into what this institution is really about.

Echo

Its a good school that has helped me get ready for any changes that might occur in my future education endeavours and also has allowed for me to learn more about myself and my interest both in a professional and non professional way. I have learned what I want to do for a career because of going here and what I enjoy in my free time and also made friends who mean a lot to me

katie

It's ok, I seem to be doing better than at the last community college I attended. It's also a nice campus with some pretty good staff. I don't really eat there but I like the drinks they have at the store and everything on campus is fairly easy to access. It is on a hill so walking to a far parking spot kind of sucks but there is a decent amount of shaded parking. Students are very cliquey though, very hard to make friends and talk to peers.

Yazmin

It’s great

Danielle

It is a very nice looking campus near a few small shops. I people are are nice and helpful. Every student is very easy and the teachers are great to talk to. It is a very small camps with only some many people that can help you. There were available on Saturdays at the Library which is nice. The Library is a great with books, CD'S and someone there to help you with anything you need. The classroom are not very big ,but are pretty clean.

citlaly

Las Positas has it all. The staff there are very friendly along with everyone on campus. Las Positas does a great job at making you aware of all the help and opportunities that are offered at this campus. The counselors are amazing and always do the best that they can to show the care and that they are there to provide the help or guidance that we request.

Linda

I have enjoyed Las Positas College as my first 2 years. I have been able to fulfill all my general education requirements and have been able to save money on tuition to be able to use when I transfer to a four year. The counselors and the professors here are very nice and kind. They want the students to succeed and will try and support and help the students get to their goals. I thought Las Positas College is a safe and great campus! I highly recommend!

Fabiola

Overall, Las Positas College is a pretty great school to attend. All of the professors are very supportive and want their students to learn. Personally, I have met teachers and counselors there that I keep in touch with even after the semester just because they are fun to talk to and offer great advice. If you need help with anything in a class, your teacher will provide assistance and there are also so many other student support groups and sources around campus. It is a really nice campus set on a hill so the view is very appealing. All of the staff and faculty on campus are also super helpful and will aid you in whatever you need done.

Alex

The nicest community college campus I've ever been to. Very modern facilities and in a great location with beautiful views. The faculty are top-notch and very professional. Even if you're only here to get your General Education done, you can be sure you're getting a good education from instructors who know what they're talking about.