North Andover, MA
Merrimack College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Merrimack College

Sophie

When you attend Merrimack College you feel like your a community.

When you attend Merrimack College you feel like your a community.

I would tell myself to not be afraid to complain to my highschool principal that for two years we didn't have a math teacher and that I struggle now in college with that.

THe kind of person that is looking for a small religious school enviroment. If your not looking for large classes then Merrimack is your school. Everyone is friendly, and the professors are awesome. You will always have lasting friends:)

Small community that is safe and and convienent.

Small community that is safe and and convienent.

Focused on school work but also like to have a social life.

Talking to myself as a high school senior, I would recommend attending a college with small classes. I big school may seem fun to attend, but the focus and attention that is received in small classes is well worth it. It is very easy to get off track, so the easier the help, the better. Keep in mind that going out is not the most important thing, even if it seems that your the only one missing out, trust me your not. Grades are very important because when you go and interview for a job, your GPA shows alot about how you did in college, and how much of the material you know. The best advice I can give is to try and keep an even balance between school and friends, and you should do just fine. Good luck!

Benjamin

Merrimack is a smaller liberal arts school with a strong emphasis on the business and engineering programs. The primary focus of the school is to give a well rounded education, strongly encouraging good ethics.

My "college experience" has been somewhat jeopardized because of my financial situation. I was convinced that I would be able to afford the school upon commencement, but as a result of the recent financial chaos on Wall Street these funds have virtually disappeared. As a result of this I have been forced to work an almost full time job along with my semester classes. Juggling both of these obligations has left me with virtually zero free time to interact with my friends or family. The best advice I can possibly offer is to do whatever it takes to completely avoid this situation. Either save up enough capital going into the school, keeping it safely in a bank, or give serious thought to whether or not you should take out a loan. Personally I am reluctant to take out any loans, especially because of the risk of not being able to find a job immediately upon graduation. Compounding interest can turn a small loan into something staggering. In short I would advice all to put yourselves into as financially sound position as possible when entering college to avoid any future stresses and possible situations that may ruin your "college experience."

There are many types of people attending this school, so to give an example I will use myself. I am an individual looking to get as much out of my undergraduate program as possible to better prepare me for graduate school. Merrimack allows me to do this by working with me to organize my schedule to fit in all of my majors, even if it means allowing me to take directed studies on my own.

My classmates are friendly however some are only concerned with getting drunk every weekend and it can be a bother.

Ask your child what they did or did not like about their high school. These aspects can help mold the type of school they are interested in attending for the next four years. Their intended major should also be a focus on deciding which school to attend and research the potential colleges to see what programs they offer for this major. If you plan on living on campus, take a tour of the living situation and the library since that is where you will be spending most of your time. Campus centers are very important at looking at as well, check out what you'll be eating everyday as well as the activities/fitness amenities the school offers. Once you are on a tour, you will know if the school suits your needs or not. When you meet your roomate do not be nervous! This could be a longlasting friendship in the making and they are in the same boat as you. Lastly, save your money and apply for numerous scholarships, it will help you in the long run!

Someone who is focused academically, specifically in the fields of liberal arts and business and who comes from a Catholic background.

Michelle

My school is a home-like atmosphere where academic integrity is highly valued. People at the school are friendly and the professors on campus do everything in their power to make sure every student's academic success is achieved. Merrimack College has a great reputation and even though it is costly to attend, it will all pay off in the end because everyone that graduates from this institution has a successful career.

Advice I would suggest to prospective parents and students about finding the right college and making the most of the college experience is....parents, offer your kids advice about what school you like the best but in the end, leave the decision ultimately up to them anad for students, I would definitely tell them to attend the freshman orientation at each school they are accepted to in order to get a more personal feel for each school they are considering. It is really important to attend the freshman orientation because it enables you to make friends before you go to that school in the fall as well as it gives you a "taste" of what life on campus is like.

I by far cannot begin to mention all of the amazing and unforgettable friends I have made at school. Most of my friends only have three or four close friends where as I have a whole group. At Merrimack College, it is easy to find like-minded individuals and the friendships you make here are worth every penny you spend to attend this college.

Chelsea

For the students, I would recommend a school you see yourself at. Whether you like small schools or large schools is very important in this decision. I go to a small school and it's almost too small, it feels like high school all over again. If you enjoy knowing everyone you go to school with I would recommend you go to a small school. If your an outgoing person that likes meeting new people all the time, I would suggest a larger school because you are able to meet more people. Also the environment around the school is important. I go to school in a suburb of Boston, your not distracted by the nose of traffic, also it's nice to go to a school that actually has a campus to enjoy during nice weather. If you like the hustle and bustle of the big city I would definitely recommend you choose a school in the city, but if you like more of a campus I would suggest looking in suburban areas. When you do choose a school, definitely get involved with student activities and attend sporting events it's a great way to meet people and make friends.

I wish I knew how the people treated other students. Some students are not that friendly and open to getting to know other students.

Someone who isn't able to stand up for themselves and those that aren't able to ignore other students who want to be rude and make comments to them at social events.

Katelin

Merrimack College is known for its great academic programs as well as its close community and location to Boston.

Make sure you visit all potential schools, if you are considering a school make sure it has the major you want and what the major requires at the specific school. Also make sure it is the right size for you if the school is too small you could feel uncomfortable and if it is to big you might feel lost and that you are not getting the attention you need. It is important if you like a city that your school is located in the city if you like the idea of a campus make sure that is what the school offers. Once you have picked the right school for you make sure you are outgoing and leave yourself open to new things to make as many friends as you can. Don't do anything you don't feel comfortable with but keep an open mind and have fun; don't forget school work should come first because it is easy to lose sight of what is truly important.

A Person that grew up in a large city and is not use to the small school, where everyone knows everyone. Also where the classes are very small and you walk anywhere in 10 minutes and see someone you know.

Monica

The advice that I would give to students about finding the right college, is to simply find a school where you can imagine yourself. It's important to find a school that matches your academic needs, but it's also important to go to a school where you can grow socially. In order to make the most of the college experience, never think negatively! Always be positive in every situation that is thrown at you, especially while you're in college. Make lots of friends, but don't follow others in order to fit in, or do something without knowing the consequences. Study hard and take your college career seriously, but remember to find time to relax and have fun. Four years will go by very fast, so make the best of those years before entering the real world! The advice I would give to parents about finding the right college for their child, is to let their son/daughter be free to chose where they want to go. It's very important that students make decisions on their own, because they will eventually have to do that as a part of their every day lives.

The worst thing about Merrimack College is that it is such an expensive school, and does not offer enough financial aid to its deserving students. It's a great school, but for the amount of money us students have to pay each semester, s it's not worth the education here. I love Merrimack, but if I had the chance to do it all over again, I would choose to go to a 4 year state or community college.

The kind of person that should attend Merrimack College, is a person who does not want to go to school at a large university, and learns better with personal and visual interaction. Merrimack College is also big on community service, and volunteering. In addition, Merrimack College has great science, engineering, and business programs. If a person is interested in those majors, I would highly reccommend this college. However, it's important to remember to be financially ready to invest your education at this school!

Doug

It is a small campus where it is easy to make great friends while being able to get the extra help needed from professors because of the small class size.

I would advice students to make their college decision based upon whatever feels right to them, They must weight all the pros and cons of each school and decide which one fits them best. If it comes down to the point where the school you choose may be too expensive, I would say still go for it becuase the experience you missed is something you may never be able to get. I would say take out as many loans necessary in order for you to attend the school fo your choice. To make the most of your college experience, one must be open to new things and be real outgoing. Meet as many people as possible and have as good a time as possibe, while still spending ample time on your studies to keep your grades up.

The housing facilities because they are somewhat outdated

Richard

Finding the right college may take some time and lots of researching, but I will tell you one thing don't let finances drive you away from your dreams. As we all know times are tough right now, but putting away a great education and settling for something more affordable is the wrong decision. I chose Merrimack College for it's great reputation and small classroom sizes not for the $40,000 per year it cost to attend this prestigious college. As I am funding my education entirely by myself I have found there are ways to get scholarships and loans to cover expenses, you just need to find them. Working one or two jobs while at school on the weekends or take an internship over the summer. What's great about some schools is they offer 5 year programs to allow for co-ops. I'm currently finishing my co-op with a large engineering firm in my respective field of study. Pay is great and it gives me another year to save. There is so much more to life than money, so please don't let financing turn you away from what makes you happy, your dream!

After 2 1/2 years at Merrimack College I have only come across one problem and that is funding my education. Yes Merrimack College does give financial aid and I do seek outside scholarships and loans, but for whatever reason I always find my self struggling to pay for school. I work two jobs on top of being a full time student to cover expenses. Although finances are tough, never and I mean never let money drive you away from your dream. Do your absolute best and you will succeed.

As previously stated, funding my education is the most frustrating thing about Merrimack College. As I already have enough to worry about, financing is the biggest pain. Don't let this interfer with your school work, you do your best and that's all you can do. If you have a dream, don't let anything stand in your way no matter what it is. Scholarships and loans can only cover soo much, I work two jobs to pay the difference at my school and if that's still not enough, go for a private loan.

Merrimack College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.