Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee Area Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Milwaukee Area Technical College

Deron

On the outside of MATC, it looks like a business building, but on the inside you will find that MATC have a real laid back inviorment for studnets who go there.

If i could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior i would say, look for some schools in the state you are in because, having to pay out of state tuition can cost alot. Also, follow the words of your father "Work first play later."

The worst thing about the school would be, after the winter term is over there is no fun activities.

Jerquan

In my opion my school is socially active.

In my opion my school is socially active.

If I could go back to my senior year I would tell myself to expect change. Its the most consistent thing we go through in our lives. I would tell myself not to afraid of the trasitions that comes with growing up and accepting more responsibilty. Its key when it comes down to the defineing moments in our lives because our reactions to those two thing will either make a person or break a person's spirit. So be confident because these two may seem like avirsity but they are common and appens alot mor than seldomly.

I consider the location as the best thing because, its very convenient for driver and bus users. Which is important for students balanceing two jobs and kids who have to plan their scheduels accordingly. For new comers of the city it allows them to get a better understanding of the cities grid and street locations becuse the campus of the school is so great and well placed.

Tasha

I think the options of having class online or at the campus is very convenient. Milwaukee Area Technical College is also financially beneficial to students. I'm able to get at least two grants, work-study and student loans. After the tuition and books, I still have money to use for out of pocket expenses.

I would tell my younger self to apply early and to do everything as soon as the appropriate places opened. I would also tell her not to get too overwhelmed, as it is just school. There would be a lot of people that would want to see her succeed and since she is an intelligent girl, she would do them proud.

I think the most frustrating thing about my school is the crowds and lack of staff during registration times. I find it very difficult to get my books because my loan application was overlooked. I can't get my credits transferred in because they're busy. I am completely frustrated by how the staff seems to go slower when the applicants increase.

Sharon

Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) is a publicly-supported, comprehensive, higher education institution committed to increasing the potential and productivity of the people in its district.The largest two-year college in the Midwest, MATC reaches students through the delivery of high-quality instruction and programs that are consistent with current and emerging educational and labor market needs. Known as a leader in technical education and instructional innovation, the college offers 150 associate degree, technical diploma, and short-term certificate programs. In 2000, nearly 90 percent of graduates were employed within six months of graduation.

The senior year does resemble a sort of double-duty function. It is a time when you should celebrate your accomplishments, but it's also a time when you have to work hard to prepare for your future. One way to be prepared is to recognize how college studies will differ from high school studies. The other way to prepare is to tie up loose ends when it comes to college and financial aid applications. I also, should know the reality of college planning is this: some students start early and some start in their senior year. That is fine, as long as the actions match the goals. The best advice for high school students is to think realistically about the type of college you want to attend and plan accordingly.

Students that want and know that MATC offers a number of associate degrees. It is a community school that offers weekend, evening and day classes at its downtown campus. Milwaukee Area Technical College maintains a faculty/student ratio (full-time) which is better than most colleges. The full-time faculty at the school is well-paid, which often goes with faculty quality. So if a person is mot interested in what they have to offer they shouldn't attend Milwaukee Area Technical College.

Vera

Milwaukee Area Technical School is affordable and a really great school.

Milwaukee Area Technical School is affordable and a really great school.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about college. I would tell myself things I need to do to become a successful college graduate. I would tell myself to get good grades in high school. I would tell myself what I want to major in and stick to that career. So, that I would not waste any time or money going to college. I would apply and receive scholarships to help pay for my college degree. I would tell myself to, go to MIlwaukee Area Technical College and complete my associates degree in Paralegal studies. Because it's a great school and it's affordable. I would tell myself to go to college right after high school. Before I decide to have a family so, that I wouldn't have any reasons to get distracted. Then, I would tell myself what my next goal would be. Which would be to attend the University of Milwaukee Wisconsin to complete my bachelors degree. Then I would tell myself to take my education even further . So, I could become the Lawyer that I want to become while I am still young vibrant and intelligent.

The type of person that should attend Milwaukee Area Technical College is intelligent. They should want to take college level courses that are affordable. They should want to have work hard to recieve his/her associates degree.

Raul

I would definitely tell myself to stop clowning around and study harder. Even though I got very good grades throughout my High School journey and gratuated with a GPA of 3.5 cummulative, I know I could have done better if I would have given it my all. I was always in the honor roll in my High School for 4 years and was also the President of student council. I would also tell myself to apply for scholarships because I did nto apply for any when I gratuated and now I'm stuck paying for my own tuition. I don't get any help from FAFSA or my parents so the least I could have done was apply and hopefully get some help moneywise. Since I didn't apply, I had to take off 1 year to work full time and save up to pay for my college, now that I am back into college I am trying to apply for many scholarships hoping to get some help financially so I can continue with me education and pursue my career in Criminal Justice and in the future be part of the DEA or work narcotics.

Anyone who would like to succed in life. anyone who would like to have a better quality of life in the future. MATC has many careers to choose from and the staff are very friendly. They are willing to help you everytime you need help or have a question. It has Many sports to choose from in case someone is interested in a sport and it is also very affordable.

Well, I guess if you want to go to a bigger college then this is not the college for you. MATC is divided into 4 campuses: oak creek camopus, downtown campus, mequon campus, and west allis campus which makes it easier to learn due to the fact that every class has about 25-30 students compared to 50+ students in one class in bigger colleges.

Milwaukee Area Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.