Henderson, NV
Nevada State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nevada State College

Jaimelyne

I love Nevada State College. The professors are always available whenever you need to speak with them. During class and outside of class many of the professors are approachable and fun to talk to. The student culture is alright. There isn't much going on around campus. Nevada State College is a commuter school, so expect to be driving a lot. The one downfall about this school is that there isn't any shops nearby, again you would have to drive to find a place to eat. The Cafe food is pretty good. Prices are reasonable for the most part. Overall, I think Nevada State College is a great school, but there is always room for improvement.

Ashleigh

It's an okay school, It will never be UNLV or even close. Most of the people go there to go to class and then leave pretty quickly. This college campus is not like anything you'd see on tv or the movies, There is not friends, partying, or housing. Its pretty Blah.

Linh

Nevada State College is home to a diverse community of students and facilities. Most of the students attending the college have families or outside commitments. Therefore, there is not a great deal of "university experience". However, the college is an excellent campus to go to if students are interested in pursuing a major without having to be in a great deal of debt. Most of the professors here are always available to help and encourage students to attend their office hours.

Ty'Airra

Nevada State College is a college that really cares about their students. From the amazing resources provided to us to the great campus activities. At Nevada State, there are no on-campus housing but off campus housing are really nice and affordable for the students. The students on campus are so involved in many different clubs and organizations that its almost like we do live on campus. I mainly adore that we have starbucks on campus and that our food is cooked in the cafe. Its amazing because no one can say they get their food cooked fresh everyday. There is many choices to choose from whether you are vegan or love meat. Nevada State is a great school to attend because we are able to meet our instructors and be able to have one on one time with them when we need help in the course.

Andrew

I am a student at Nevada State College and my current major is business administration. When I started at Nevada State College it was the year of 2014 and I was very nervous because I had to figure out everything on my own. Thankfully the faculty there guided me as far as finding my classes, seeing which courses to take for my pre-requisites and making the next best action for every semester. I am proud to be a part of Nevada State College because everyone there is so welcoming and friendly. The classes are definitely smaller and I feel that I have more one on one time with my professors. I and my fellow classmates have more time to study, it is fewer distractions in the classroom environment, and since some of the classes only have up to 15 students sometimes. Every time I want to make an appointment with my guidance counselor it is never such a hassle we have an online booking appointment system which allows me to see what time fits my schedule since I am a full-time worker and student. When I first started at Nevada State College it was only two buildings now that time has progressed we have two brand new buildings. It is such a great privilege that my school is making history and I get to be a part of it. More students are enrolling every semester and with my experience, I can now guide the new students like if it was my first day again at Nevada State College. Ultimately when I get asked which college I go to I am happy to say I am a student at Nevada State College.

Jaimelyne

I love Nevada State College. I prefer college rather than a university because of the small class sizes which enables the opportunity to know your classmates and professors on a personal level. The campus is in the middle of no where which can be both positive and negative. The good part of being in the middle of no where is all the nature we get to ourselves! We can take hikes, biking, and climb Mt. Scorpion! It is super relaxing when you had a stressful day in class and all you want to do is hike it off. The negative aspect is that there aren't many stores or services around us. If you needed to buy something, you had to drive to get there. We are a commuter school so if you do not like driving or being stuck in traffic this is not the school for you. I also wished Nevada State College had some sort of housing arrangement. An on campus dormitory or an off campus apartment would benefit those students who live 15-30 miles away from school.

Eleonora

My classmates are hard-working individuals, striving to reach their academic goals with dedication and persistence.

School's mascot "The Scorpion" represents an actual type of scorpion that can be found in the Henderson area. NSC is also best known for it's great nursing program (which attracts many future nurses). The college is also known to be more "women" school (about 2,000 females and 800 or so male population).

All of this stress and drama is unnessessary. Instead of worrying, I should be more active into the school clubs and working on my extracurricular activities. College life is academically more challenging then high school, but it's also a place where you grow and develop your pesonality. Now is my chance to do as best as I can academically, so I can get into a better University. Now is my chance to be excellent in these easy classes, so I can be even better in the college ones. I should also spend more time on studying for the SAT because, without it, I would not be able to pursue my dream of getting into a top school.

Shelby

Nevada State College is a wonderful school with a lot of opportunities to succeed.

I would tell myself to not get so wrapped up in my plans. Things will work out for themselves, and it's not the end of the world if something goes wrong. You can't plan your life and expect it to go exactly how you wanted it to. Things happen, and all you can do is learn from them. I would tell myself "congratulations" because I worked hard and made it to high school graduation, but there was so much more coming my way. College and life itself is something you want to enjoy while you can. I would tell myself that things will get better, and not to be discouraged. Even though I will be in college longer than I originally anticipated, it would all be worth it. I would tell myself to get ready to be spontaneous, and to "go with flow" because my life is just now beginning.

The school I attend does not have very many bad qualities, they are generally good.

Adahli

My school is very energetic, school spoirit and diverse.

My school is very energetic, school spoirit and diverse.

If I was able to go back in time to high school, I woulod advice myself to get more involve in school activities. Most of my high school experience involved family, friends and work. I would advice myself to fully give it my all to every single one of my classes and grasp as much knowledge as I could. I would hesitate a lot about joining sports or a school activities but if I could go back I would join all the clubs and sports I was intrested in without a hesitation, becuase now I know that getting involve can help you with scholarships and open many doors towards your future.

The most frustrating thing in my school is not being able to find a good tutor who can fully help you understand and explain the material a professor was not able to explain well.

Nevada State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.