Nevada State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Nevada State College

Andrew

I am a student at Nevada State College and my current major is business administration. When I started at Nevada State College it was the year of 2014 and I was very nervous because I had to figure out everything on my own. Thankfully the faculty there guided me as far as finding my classes, seeing which courses to take for my pre-requisites and making the next best action for every semester. I am proud to be a part of Nevada State College because everyone there is so welcoming and friendly. The classes are definitely smaller and I feel that I have more one on one time with my professors. I and my fellow classmates have more time to study, it is fewer distractions in the classroom environment, and since some of the classes only have up to 15 students sometimes. Every time I want to make an appointment with my guidance counselor it is never such a hassle we have an online booking appointment system which allows me to see what time fits my schedule since I am a full-time worker and student. When I first started at Nevada State College it was only two buildings now that time has progressed we have two brand new buildings. It is such a great privilege that my school is making history and I get to be a part of it. More students are enrolling every semester and with my experience, I can now guide the new students like if it was my first day again at Nevada State College. Ultimately when I get asked which college I go to I am happy to say I am a student at Nevada State College.

Kristen Tara

Nevada state college was my number one choice in high school, as their counselors informational meeting about their school as well as their majors helped me to decide. They gave me not only the good but also compared themselves to the local university. They told me about their financial aid options, as they offer scholarships and grants to everyone, if we are willing to put in the work for them.

Ty'Airra

Nevada State College is a college that really cares about their students. From the amazing resources provided to us to the great campus activities. At Nevada State, there are no on-campus housing but off campus housing are really nice and affordable for the students. The students on campus are so involved in many different clubs and organizations that its almost like we do live on campus. I mainly adore that we have starbucks on campus and that our food is cooked in the cafe. Its amazing because no one can say they get their food cooked fresh everyday. There is many choices to choose from whether you are vegan or love meat. Nevada State is a great school to attend because we are able to meet our instructors and be able to have one on one time with them when we need help in the course.

Caliyah

The location of the school is unfortunate. It’s in the middle of nowhere and there are no good places to eat out near the school. The closest thing nearby is a gas station. Other than the location, the school is very nice. It’s a fairly new school and everything within is quite nice. The class sizes are small, giving more individual opportunities between students and their professors.

Jaimelyne

I love Nevada State College. The professors are always available whenever you need to speak with them. During class and outside of class many of the professors are approachable and fun to talk to. The student culture is alright. There isn't much going on around campus. Nevada State College is a commuter school, so expect to be driving a lot. The one downfall about this school is that there isn't any shops nearby, again you would have to drive to find a place to eat. The Cafe food is pretty good. Prices are reasonable for the most part. Overall, I think Nevada State College is a great school, but there is always room for improvement.

Gracia

Nevada State college is a good college for people that want to focus in academics and education. You feel safe and at the same time you have contact with the nature because of it location. Really good place to study. The overall class size is small so teachers usually know their students and you feel confident.

Jaimelyne

I love Nevada State College. I prefer college rather than a university because of the small class sizes which enables the opportunity to know your classmates and professors on a personal level. The campus is in the middle of no where which can be both positive and negative. The good part of being in the middle of no where is all the nature we get to ourselves! We can take hikes, biking, and climb Mt. Scorpion! It is super relaxing when you had a stressful day in class and all you want to do is hike it off. The negative aspect is that there aren't many stores or services around us. If you needed to buy something, you had to drive to get there. We are a commuter school so if you do not like driving or being stuck in traffic this is not the school for you. I also wished Nevada State College had some sort of housing arrangement. An on campus dormitory or an off campus apartment would benefit those students who live 15-30 miles away from school.

Gabriela

Nevada State College is an amazing school, great for students who don't like big campuses. Everyone is very friendly and are willing to help new students and visitors who come to the school. Classes are not bigger than high school classes which is great for one on one learning.

Mellissa

I visited Nevada State College during open house and my experience was fantastic. Everyone was welcoming and willing to help me find my way around campus. The fact that I don't have to pay for parking is great because I only have to worry about tuition. I was able to meet some of the faculty members in the nursing program. They seemed passionate in their major, which makes me want to major in the nursing field even more. I am excited to be a scorpion next year!

Marjorie

The teachers are always there to help you and there are many services available on campus to ensure student success. The services available include the academic advising center, career services center, disability resource center, and the academic success center (tutoring).

Heather

The campus is clean and easy to get around. The class selection is overall good, and class size is great! I am finding the teachers are really here to help you succeed not just pass your class. I want to know the material not just get by and this college has all the tools to excel.

Linh

Nevada State College is home to a diverse community of students and facilities. Most of the students attending the college have families or outside commitments. Therefore, there is not a great deal of "university experience". However, the college is an excellent campus to go to if students are interested in pursuing a major without having to be in a great deal of debt. Most of the professors here are always available to help and encourage students to attend their office hours.

Kimberly

Nevada State College is amazing in terms of academics. The professors are outgoing and willing to help, in fact most of them have a PhD in the topic they teach. I have never felt more connected with faculty. Class sizes are great and not too large. Food options are over priced though and campus is too far away to get food between classes

Donovan

Aside from being so far out, Nevada State College is an excellent alternative to going to UNLV. Nevada State College is a great blend between the size of a community college and the coursework of a full college/university. The class sizes are good, multiple classes are offered online, and I have had great experiences with the professors. I can't complain at all!

Charlene

As a rounded opinion, I believe Nevada State College has great potential although being a small and fairly new school. Many given opportunities for scholarships, amazing classes and other resources given to students for free. Although it isn't as big as I'd hope for it to be, for me to come along and help build the school as a team member will be one big accomplishment at the end of the line. The staff and other students are very respectful and truly do care for one another just any other college or environment should be. It will definitely grow rapidly in the future with other bright, young minds to come together to create a difference.

Ashleigh

It's an okay school, It will never be UNLV or even close. Most of the people go there to go to class and then leave pretty quickly. This college campus is not like anything you'd see on tv or the movies, There is not friends, partying, or housing. Its pretty Blah.

Joanie

So far, so good. It's convenient for me location wise; were I to take similar classes elsewhere I would have to drive across town. The campus is small, and the class is size is just right to me. The teachers have definitely been excellent as well; knowledgeable, approachable. The caliber of the levels are better than the community class I was at.

LaDonna

NSC is a great school, I enjoy attending. All the professors I have had contact with are willing to help you be a better student. The teachers in the nursing program have a lot of experience in the class and in practice. I have a will recomend NSC to any student who wants to further their education at a decent price.

Tori

It is a great environment to be in because you are given the opportunity to grow in knowledge since you have the chance to have one-on-one's with your professors and do not feel overwhelmed by it being too overpopulated with students.

Nathaniel

Great School for learning and having a close relationship with professors. The classrooms are smaller which means better team involvement and meeting new people to network with, but the school is not the best when it comes to on-campus involvement and housing.

Taya

Nevada State College is the way to go. Students are able to acquire the information they need for the future. The staff is incredibly caring and are there to help. I have never seen a staff so committed to their students before. As I was sitting outside, multiple staff members walked by and greeted me. I always feel welcomed whenever I step foot into Nevada State College!

Andrew

Nevada state college is known for its smaller class sizes, easily accessible professors, and vast cultural diversity. Matter of fact, it is the second most diverse school in the nation. These two facts help me prove why Nevada state college is worthy of its overall four-star rating. Along with that is the professor's willingness to help and the many available resources on campus. Like any other school it has its challenges, however, it is still a great school that I would recommend to future college students.

Kaylee

Small campus makes it easier to get help and talk to professors. There are no such thing as stupid questions. If you need help you can talk to anyone. We are like a big family. The campus is always clean and the professors will treat you like a friend.

Irma

Flexible campus for the diverse population it serves. Although Nevada state may be considered somewhat a distance from the hustle and bustle of the Las Vegas strip. Nevada State College makes up for it distance from downtown Las Vegas by offering a serene educational environment for All students to enjoy.

Azure

Nevada State College is great for those who want to major in nursing or any other medical field but seems to lack in any of the creative arts. During my stay there, even though it was short, (only one year) I felt as though I didn't have many people I could really connect with in terms of similar career interests. The animation program seemed a bit on the weak side as well as the classes were quite small in comparison to other majors. The ones that did were mere classmates that were several grades ahead and had already established their place in the school. Yet, the college is great at repeatedly encouraging its students to participate more in the extracurriculars they offer. It is best to take most of what I say with a grain of salt as I only had mainly general education classes for my whole first year but compared to the curriculum of other schools that offer art/entertainment majors and the fact that the location is extremely out of reach of most students homes, Nevada State just doesn't cut it for me.

Diamond

My overall opinion of Nevada State College is an amazing one! Nevada State College is truly beautiful, family oriented, safe, and just plain out fun! I've never been to a college more welcoming than Nevada State College and I've toured a lot of them. Nevada State College is by far an amazing college and they're only going to do better and expand every year. I'm proud to be a Scorpion!

Jasmin

Nevada state is a small college, it has a home-like environment. the students are always getting involved, for both on and off campus activities and events. The staff and faculty are phenomenal, the class sizes are small and you get a more personal experience in terms of learning from your professor in a very conversational way. They offer supplemental instruction, a writing center, and free tutoring. Students have access to study rooms and have the chance to rent out laptops fr the week if they need. During midterms and finals, the student government hosts stress relieving activities such as yoga or coloring and refreshments. They host an event called LNAP every semester, which stands for long night against procrastination, in which students have resources open until midnight in preparation for finals. Nevada state college is an amazing institution that truly cares about their students ' academics and well being.

Darlene

Nevada State College has a lot of potential to grow and prosper. It doesn’t look like much. The school looks boring, uninteresting, doesn’t have a cool game room or a big bookstore like the ones at UNLV or CSN. But think about it, Nevada State was born in 2002 while the major colleges were born in the 20th century. NSC is lucky to be born in the 21st century where they’ll get to teach future generations and receive more attention due to their modesty and humbleness. It’s a small school but easy to access classroom, especially if somebody (like me) is running late and do not want to run across a huge campus to get to the right building. Most of time, you’ll get the wrong building and must run across the ginormous campus again! With NSC, there’s no trouble with that since there are only three primary buildings forming a nice triangle. Classmates are friendly, open-mind, diverse, and prepared to give you a nice smile. It’s nice starter school for someone who isn’t ready for the big groups of people. Remember when I said something about the 21st century? My school doesn’t have a traditional library instead the library is an open space for everybody to study since the library relies on digital copies of books for students to check out. Like I mention Nevada State College, home to the Scorpions and Mt. Scorpion (yes, we have our own mountain!), has so much potential to grow bigger and advanced with the help of increasing technology, a healthy admission of determined students, along with an open minded faculty I’m happy to see it’s fruitful future right in front of me flourishing.

Alejandra

I love Nevada State! All the advisors have been very helpful with me signing up for the Fall. I had been struggling to finish school because everyone that I would go to for help would just send me away. I was even told to pick a different career because they said that I wasn't good enough for the program I was enrolled for. I applied at Nevada State because a friend recommended it and I absolutely love it. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I am 100% sure that I will be graduating from Nevada State.