Henderson, NV
Nevada State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nevada State College

Lucretia

My classmates are amazing. We encourage one another to reach our full potential. I believe that one needs others to help them suceed. You know wha they say" if you want ot go fast go alone.... if you want to go far bring a team"... Anonymous . One thing I will say about my classmates is they are always willing to go that extra mile for someone, wherther they have the time or not. They will make the time.

“Lucretia, take this seriously”. I would like to start by saying I went to college twice to pursue my Bachelor’s degree. The first time around I went to College of Southern Nevada. At that point in my life I was, let’s say still in the ‘party’ phase. I thought that I would be able to party all night and still achieve high academic standards. I mainly has this approach to college because I was not taking that classes I wanted to, but the ones my parents told me to. “Lucretia, you are a smart, sincere and wonderful person. You do not have to put on act for others and live the life they feel is right for you. Stand on your own two feet and know that this is your life and the ultimate decision is yours. You cannot breeze through college in hopes to pass without putting in the proper work to do so. A ‘C’ is not a grade to be proud of, nor one to validate you are not good enough. Just know that as long as you give it your all you are a winner. I love myself and want the best for me”.

I believe any person who wants to better themselves should attend this achool. I do not feel college is for any one person more than it is for another. As long as you have the drive, motivation and persistance you will do fine.

Alexis

Small class sizes and a staff that cares that you graduate.

Small class sizes and a staff that cares that you graduate.

The first thing I would tell myself is focus more on my education and not about working and hanging out with the friends who are not going to be in live within the next 5 years. Focus on yourself and what you want to be doing 10 years from now. Unless you want to be in your late 20's and ealry 30s working towards your career goals. Living paycheck to paycheck struggling to be success as everyone else around you is achiving their dreams. Stop trying be that cool one because the people you are hanging around are not good for you.

The one great thing ablout Nevada State is it only been open sinze 2004 and as a newer school you haave teachers who care wether or not you succeed. With it's small class sizes and teachers willing to help its best that you get in now before the school becomes too big that smaller class sizes will be 50 to 125 people.

Denise

Thinking of pursuing the noble goal of a higher education? Are you lured by the mechanical logistics of Writing 121? Does the enigmatic language of statistics entice you? When deciding to invest in your academic future I suggest taking a proactive approach; prepare, plan and prioritize for optimal success. College curriculums can be challenging so set realistic goals and develop good work ethics. Join study groups and utilize teaching labs and tutors. Establish the college library as your command center. College tours and map Apps can familiarize you with essential informational departments such as the administration, registration, counseling and financial aid offices. Ouch!..................feeling the financial pinch? Prudence my friend, keep a watchful eye on expenses. Begrudgingly register for a scholarship class. Purchase used books and technical equipment when possible. Steer clear of favorite fast food haunts and brown bag it, it’s healthier and less expensive. Utilize the transit system or carpool for economical and environmentally friendly transportation. Balancing both a social and academic life can be challenging so get involved in academic clubs and campus activities which also heightens essential leadership abilities. Remember that it’s important to maintain a high level of efficient productivity. Much Success!

Annabelle

If I could go back and give myself an advice, I would advice myself to not take a semester off. I believe going through college right after high school is very important. Being able to start right away will not give your mind/body to be lazy. Most people that I know of from high school that took a semester break, ended up taking almost a year break. I also missed on a lot by just taking one semester off. I was playing catch up for the first couple of semester in college because I felt so behind. Until now that I am a junior in college, I still feel like I'm playing catch up since most of my friends in high school already graduated college.

I believe I know about this school already before I applied.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how far I have to drive to get there. My school is in the middle of almost nowhere, which is far from almost everything. I have to drive for at least 10 minutes to get lunch.

Sydney

If I were to give myself advice as a high school senior I would tell myself not to get caught up in the drama and partying in high school. At the time it seems like the cool thing to do and you will have so many friends. I found out that when you take yourself out of that lifestyle all our your friends will disappear. Focus on your studies and worry more about your classes than being wrapped up in the coolest clothes and cutest boys. You will always have a chance to find a boyfriend and go out, and you onlhave one chance to have a high school career. Study hard, and worry about your grades first.

Karlee

Karlee, I know you think you have allthe time in the world to have life figured out, but I'm here to tell you that you don't! Really sit down and think about what you want to do, don't listen to others. Apply for those scholarships and try to get all the money that you can to go to San Diego State University, that's where your heart and creativity belongs. Don't wait until your mid way through your first semster to figure it out, it'll only be harder on yourself. I'm trying to save you here! Do what your heart was telling you from the beginning.

Personally, the worst thing about my school is that they doen't have the options that i want or offer me anything that I can really see myself doing in the future.

Anyone who knows what they want to make out of themselves should attend this school. Someone who can see themselves in a nursing program or with a degree in Psychology. That's just not me

Ariel

The most important advice I would give myself as a senior in high school would be to save up as much money as possible. College is expensive, especially when you're doing it all on your own, so it's extremely important to save up money during your high school career. I would also tell myself to take advantage of the free education you're recieving in highschool. Nothing hits you harder than trying to carry a full schedule at community college, trying to work two jobs to pay bills, and finding out that the college you're transferring to amounts to about $53,000 a year. Save, save, save!

Mike

Try Harder. I did not push myself as much as I could have during college. I never envisioned myself in college, so I did not go the extra step to get those good grades. If I would have done so, I would have done better on my entrance exams and not had to take as many remedial classes. I would also have told myself to take some CLEP test to get some of my core classes out of the way. I would have finished my degree that much faster. If I could give advice to any other student, it would be to "Stick With It!". So many times, have I wanted to quit or just be lazy. If I had done what I wanted to do, I would not have just graduated from Nevada State College with a Bachelors of Business Administration. Education pays, you just have to work hard.

Distance. I live in far north part of Las Vegas and when taking an on-campus class it is about 40 miles to get there.

Meghan

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to figure out your skill before you attend college. When I look back on my college career I see that I took a lot of classes that I didn't need to, and I spent a lot of money that I could have saved. So I wish I would have figured out my skills, before I put in all that time and money into classes that don't matter.

It's cheaper to attend, and the teachers and classes are smaller which is great for one on one help.

Nevada State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.