Henderson, NV
Nevada State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nevada State College

Denise

Thinking of pursuing the noble goal of a higher education? Are you lured by the mechanical logistics of Writing 121? Does the enigmatic language of statistics entice you? When deciding to invest in your academic future I suggest taking a proactive approach; prepare, plan and prioritize for optimal success. College curriculums can be challenging so set realistic goals and develop good work ethics. Join study groups and utilize teaching labs and tutors. Establish the college library as your command center. College tours and map Apps can familiarize you with essential informational departments such as the administration, registration, counseling and financial aid offices. Ouch!..................feeling the financial pinch? Prudence my friend, keep a watchful eye on expenses. Begrudgingly register for a scholarship class. Purchase used books and technical equipment when possible. Steer clear of favorite fast food haunts and brown bag it, it’s healthier and less expensive. Utilize the transit system or carpool for economical and environmentally friendly transportation. Balancing both a social and academic life can be challenging so get involved in academic clubs and campus activities which also heightens essential leadership abilities. Remember that it’s important to maintain a high level of efficient productivity. Much Success!

Annabelle

If I could go back and give myself an advice, I would advice myself to not take a semester off. I believe going through college right after high school is very important. Being able to start right away will not give your mind/body to be lazy. Most people that I know of from high school that took a semester break, ended up taking almost a year break. I also missed on a lot by just taking one semester off. I was playing catch up for the first couple of semester in college because I felt so behind. Until now that I am a junior in college, I still feel like I'm playing catch up since most of my friends in high school already graduated college.

I believe I know about this school already before I applied.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how far I have to drive to get there. My school is in the middle of almost nowhere, which is far from almost everything. I have to drive for at least 10 minutes to get lunch.

Sydney

If I were to give myself advice as a high school senior I would tell myself not to get caught up in the drama and partying in high school. At the time it seems like the cool thing to do and you will have so many friends. I found out that when you take yourself out of that lifestyle all our your friends will disappear. Focus on your studies and worry more about your classes than being wrapped up in the coolest clothes and cutest boys. You will always have a chance to find a boyfriend and go out, and you onlhave one chance to have a high school career. Study hard, and worry about your grades first.

Karlee

Karlee, I know you think you have allthe time in the world to have life figured out, but I'm here to tell you that you don't! Really sit down and think about what you want to do, don't listen to others. Apply for those scholarships and try to get all the money that you can to go to San Diego State University, that's where your heart and creativity belongs. Don't wait until your mid way through your first semster to figure it out, it'll only be harder on yourself. I'm trying to save you here! Do what your heart was telling you from the beginning.

Personally, the worst thing about my school is that they doen't have the options that i want or offer me anything that I can really see myself doing in the future.

Anyone who knows what they want to make out of themselves should attend this school. Someone who can see themselves in a nursing program or with a degree in Psychology. That's just not me

Ariel

The most important advice I would give myself as a senior in high school would be to save up as much money as possible. College is expensive, especially when you're doing it all on your own, so it's extremely important to save up money during your high school career. I would also tell myself to take advantage of the free education you're recieving in highschool. Nothing hits you harder than trying to carry a full schedule at community college, trying to work two jobs to pay bills, and finding out that the college you're transferring to amounts to about $53,000 a year. Save, save, save!

Mike

Try Harder. I did not push myself as much as I could have during college. I never envisioned myself in college, so I did not go the extra step to get those good grades. If I would have done so, I would have done better on my entrance exams and not had to take as many remedial classes. I would also have told myself to take some CLEP test to get some of my core classes out of the way. I would have finished my degree that much faster. If I could give advice to any other student, it would be to "Stick With It!". So many times, have I wanted to quit or just be lazy. If I had done what I wanted to do, I would not have just graduated from Nevada State College with a Bachelors of Business Administration. Education pays, you just have to work hard.

Distance. I live in far north part of Las Vegas and when taking an on-campus class it is about 40 miles to get there.

Meghan

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to figure out your skill before you attend college. When I look back on my college career I see that I took a lot of classes that I didn't need to, and I spent a lot of money that I could have saved. So I wish I would have figured out my skills, before I put in all that time and money into classes that don't matter.

It's cheaper to attend, and the teachers and classes are smaller which is great for one on one help.

Kimberly

If I could go back in time, I would tell my senior self not to attend Nevada State College. I would say this because it is nowhere near what I invisioned it would be. The school is ridiculous and I'm better off going to the community college or University of Nevada Las Vegas. Don't waste your time and money applying to this school that accepts just about anybody and say they are small and well organized because they are too small, do not always have the classes you need available when you need it and they mess up all the time. You should go to a well known school rather than the one that seems more promising and smaller. Small is not always good, especially in this case. Make a simple transition between high school and college, dont rush to make a decision on which school you would like to attend. Take into consideration the graduation rates and the reviews on the school. Clearly the rates for Nevada State College do not meet your standards, so skip it and pick a better institution that will get you where you want to be in life.

I wish I would have known how unorganized the campus was. Also how hard it is to get anything done right due to lack of communication between students and staff.

The worst thing about Nevada State College is the lack of staff response. When you need information from advisors, registration offices, etc. they hardly ever respond. You constantly get voicemails and never recieve call backs. The staff seems to brush off student needs.

Natasha

Natasha I can only stress the importance of keeping a clear mind and staying focused. There will be other things in your life that will seem to take a toll on your mental state, but just remember that you are a strong woman who can overcome mountains. I also want to stress the importance of taking the time and looking into scholarships because college is expensive and I know that you do not want to be a burden on your family even though they will be there to help you in any way possible. Another thing to keep in mind is saving up as much money as you can because when you make it into the nursing program (and you will) it will be expensive, but it will be the greatest time of your life. You are a focused and dedicated woman and you will suceed in college, just remember that you will be able to find your way no matter what road you go down. Take every day just one day at a time and keep looking towards your end goal of being a nurse, you will get and fulfill your dream. I love you.

I love Nevada State College because of the fact that it is a smaller college which means that I am able to receive more one on one time with my professors. By having professors who are devoted to advancing my own education I have been able to maintain at least a 3.6 GPS or better. The faculty at NSC is devoted and make it a point that they love what they do which encourages myself and other to futher our education.

I think that the only thing I do not like about NSC is that it is such a new school that their funding is not as great as the funding for other colleges therefore the library, book store, and overall campus is limited. This requires students to look elsewhere for things such as library book, supplies, and even classes. The college deserves more funding because the faculty and students are so devoted to the school and deserve the best.

Nevada State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.