Northwest University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northwest University

Ann

I attended online courses at Northwest University. These courses were fine, but did not seem to provide college-level academics, and did not require college-level work. Though I cannot speak for all classes, my handful seemed slightly sub-par. Faculty was wonderful and easy to reach over phone and email. Doctrine was moderately solid as well.

Dayna

It is a very fun University to attend. There are always activities to take part in. The professors are very relatable and easy to access. The profs are also almost always willing to help. The students are very kind and the atmosphere on campus is very positive and lively. Good Christian university

Canaan

When I visited the campus I gradually fell in love with the Northwest experience! The professors are very present and available, you are not just a number. The students are intelligent, welcoming, overall of high quality. The location is beautiful, and academics are taken very seriously! I would like nothing more than to be a part of this university.

Shovana

Nothing can compare to the unity that NU creates. There are people here who you may not know, and they may not know you but they genuinely care about you. Even during your hardship, people here at NU will gladly walk with you through the fire, holding your hand through every step and reminding you that "You got this! Everything's going to be alright." I believe NU is blessed God is the foundation of this University. People here at NU acknowledge God for not what He does, but for who He is.

Ann

It's been a long time, but... A college where real Christians go. I don't know what the current policies are, but when I was there, I had to agree not to drink alcohol or dance while I was enrolled there. I disagreed with these, but it meant that the only students there, were the ones that would sacrifice such things to learn about God. After seeing how amazing the school was when my sister went, though, I wasn't to be deterred by such lesser things, even if I love to dance. I will say that I was a transfer and a major change, and my previous colleges had been in some ways more academically challenging, though not necessarily more value added (As God told a friend of mine, our culture worships education). I found the student body as a whole to be less 'intellectual,' but of far better character than at my previous colleges. Also, this may have changed since they have since added on various science programs. On the subjects of philosophy and religion, however, it was an amazing feast for the mind and soul. I learned sooo much about God, and had never been so challenged in my life.

Northwest University is a non-profit, Christian school of academic growth and spiritual vitality. Faculty, other students, and even the community that surrounds Northwest heavily encourage and support each student's journey to a higher education. Classroom sizes are small and the professors are always available to answer class-related questions or to simply get to know their students. Northwest University is a safe campus where students can voice their concerns and worries, and always have support and be prayed for. It feels like a tight-knit family that is here for each other. Students can find their places in the community and flourish in their educational growth and in their walks of faith.

Miranda

It is said on Northwest University's website, that it is known as the university of possibility. Without a doubt, I know that to be true. This school offers so much more than just an education. It offers a family-like community in which you have people that can help walk life with you. The professors really do care about no only how you are doing in your education but how you doing in your personal life. They want to help you succeed in your future. The reason Northwest University is known as the university of possibility is because they know that education is not the only thing that matters in your life.

Northwest University's slogan is "A Place to Belong." As a prospective freshman and now as a student, I can comfortably say this university rightfully calls itself a place to belong. The number one stressed aspect of education and life at Northwest is community. Whether between students or students and faculty, the sense of community is strong. Very few can be found who are unwilling to walk alongside another in life and in hardships. Faculty of all levels are dedicated to fostering a positive and engaging environment for students. Students are encouraged to involve themselves in the many co-curricular activities available on campus. Being a Christian university, faith plays a huge role in the interactions between students, and it isn't uncommon for professors to pray with students before exams (my goodness it's helpful.) That being said, the spiritual vitality of students is a primary pillar in the mission statement of the school and it isn't taken lightly. Students are required to earn 35 spiritual life credits each semester, however with over 90 opportunities it isn't difficult to achieve this requirement (more often than not, the events and activities qualifying are very enjoyable.) Finally, academics are no joke at Northwest. The professors here are dedicated to cultivating their students into lovers of learning. The fall semester of my freshman year, I was speaking to one of the academic advising counselors and he was commenting on the quality of academics at Northwest. Having had experience with several other universities, he said he was very impressed with the academics at Northwest and said they were among the best he's seen. The message my really long review is trying to convey is that Northwest University, while small, is a serious powerhouse from the Pacific North West.

Oscar

In the future my goal is to a university outside of California.

Kateryna

I love Northwest University. From the first second you walk in, you feel welcomed and encouraged to come here every day. All the professors are really nice and they would love to see you succeed. I definitelly recommend to anyone who asks. I love coming here and I can't wait to see what this year holds for me.

Vlad

I've always dreamed of attending a Christian university! And northwest university is all I've ever dreamed of since I learned about the school. I visited the campus and met with some students and it was everything I expected it to be. I applied and got accepted! There is no place I'd rather be!

Derek

Everything is great except the TMS online billing and the student Eagle account. After 3 and a half years we have had noting but issues after issues with billing and TMS. First they charge you a couple hundred dollars every year to create a new account. I think you should only have to pay once when you first enroll at the university. Then even if you set it up for automatic payments they don’t actually do it. We got billed late fees for not sending payments even though we set it up for automatic payments over the phone talking to a real person who helped us set everything up. Evidently you have to go in and manually make the first payment and then click the right buttons or the automatic payment doesn’t actually do automatic payments. Also you can not use your bank to send a check every month to pay they have to withdraw the money. Another thing they tell you to take care of any differences between the estimated payments and the final bill by paying your Eagle account but then the Eagle account doesn’t talk to or communicate with TMS. So even though I paid my Eagle Account TMS did not adjust the balance and billed me the full amount. Causing me additional $65 in fees. TMS billing is the most frustrating billing in the world and very unfriendly. In my opinion it is not only frustrating to work with but the nickle and dime fees are frustrating and cause a lot of anger issues against the University. I have attended University of Washington, Central Washington University , Wayland Baptist and University of Hawaii and I have never had issues like I have had at Northwest University in Kirkland when it comes to paying for school. Paying for this university using TMS is a horrific experience. The school itself is very nice. Most of the dorms and buildings are from the 1970 era. So they are old for the outrageous price you pay in tuition. But if your a guy it’s great. 10 girls for every guy that attends makes it a great place if your a man looking for a girlfriend. Instructional education is fabulous. Professors are very educated. Classes are small and the atmosphere is great . The requirement to attend so many hours of church can be a pain but you are going to a private Christian school so you have to expect that. The students that attend are the best friends. The campus is very safe and secure in a residential part of Kirkland. Everything is great if you can get over very old buildings from 1970, high tuition rates three to four times what you pay going to the University of Washington and a horribly horrific experience paying using the TMS online billing system to pay your tuition.

Rebekah

I love Northwest University! It is a great place to go if you want to intertwine your Christian faith with stellar teaching. I am very happy with the education I am receiving and the flexibility of options available for academic format at this school.

Rebecca

I love this school! I am currently finishing up my first year here and let me tell ya, it's amazing! Such an amazing community, even though I live off campus, it is home. Everyone here is amazing, the staff and professors are extremely helpful. When you attend, you truly feel loved and cared about. Very excellent courses offered here.

Kaliana

I love the welcoming atmosphere here and the Christ-centered learning. I think it is great place to be if you are interested in furthering your education and growing spiritually to strengthen your walk with God. The students are all very welcoming and there are a lot of fun ways to get involved on campus whether it be through clubs, sports, or any other social activity that is on campus.