Saint Mary of the Woods, IN
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College

Emma

Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is my second home. The overall atmosphere of this campus is phenomenal. My professors are all very knowledgeable in their field and are also always willing to stay after class and provide extra help. With my major I have a lot of stress on my shoulders to perform in and outside of the classroom, and at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College I am able to learn everything I need to succeed! Outside of academics there are many opportunities to get involved on our small campus, we have extracurriculars and are getting a rowing club team! Campus jobs are always available and can help spruce up a resume. I love Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College and wouldn't choose another school for the world.

Athena

SMWC is one of the few colleges that really believes in their values, intertwining them into every course you will take while in attendance. There is a heavy focus on spirituality; not uncommon of a Catholic post-secondary. However because of the values of the college, diversity is not only tolerated but encouraged and celebrated. They have a lot of things that are simple yet meaningful to encourage pride and connectedness throughout the educational journies their students undertake.

Kayce

The professors are great, but there are hardly any students. It gets very lonely if you don't live on campus. The teachers are almost always available and they are very friendly. They will even stop to talk to students while class is not in session. This makes it very easy to make your schedule or make any neccisary changes quickly. I do not live on campus so I do not have very much experience with the food. What food I have had was awesome compared to what my high school gave us.

Frances Louise

Well rounded education seated deeply in tradition that makes it easy to feel at home. Loved the small class sizes and personal attention from professors.

Elisa

If I had the chance to go talk to myself as a high school senior I would without a doubt take the opportunity. I would tell myself to first of dual-enroll. That way I could have a year of my first year in college done before I even get out of high school. Also I would skip or miss any of my classes for anything. Also I would work alot harder and try to get all A's in my classes as well as my assignments. Joining more extra-curricular activities would be on my list of things to do. I would also try and get a job to save up for college, as well as get help with applying for scholarships. I wouldn't let anything hold me back from trying to perfect my grades or my focus on school.

SMWC is best known for the fact that it is an all womens college.

SMWC is best known for the fact that it is an all womens college.

I would inform myself that it isn't as scary as you think. You are going to make a lot of friends and you aren't going to loose the friends you have back home. Don't for get to call mom because this is just as hard for her as it is for you. Stay positive and just don't worry. Everything is going to turn out just fine for you.

The most frustrating thing is that there is ice on the path ways. This is a danger to students and the sisters. The ice normally conjugates in the shady areas.

Haylie

Our school is best known for being an all womens college, for our equine program, our class sizes, and being a liberal arts college.

I would tell myself to continue working hard and to never give up. There may be some hard times in life but just push through them. You will be happy that you did. Make sure to get involved in college, you'll regret it if you don't. If you can go to campus events, then go. Whenever you need help with anything, there will always be someone you can talk to, so find someone and get the help you need. Even if you're tired of doing scholarships, continue doing them. You picked a wonderful college to go to, but there is a price you have to pay and all the scholarships you can fill out will be a help to you, and your parents! Be sure to thank the people who have made a difference in your life, big or small. Just remember, make the most of your college years, you won't get them back. Of course make sure the work gets done but don't forget to have some fun.

I brag about the community here and the opportunities we receive. We have many things here that help us excel and will make our resumes stick out in our futures.

Devin

SMWC is an all-girls college with a new found focus on STEM careers and a thriving campus life.

As a college senior, I was more focused on finding the program I wanted than finding a campus and school that fit me. From the schools which offered my program, I simply selected the school which would give me the most financial aid. If I were to give my past self some advice today, I would warn her to take a closer look at the school atmosphere itself - small campus or large campus? Focus on self or focus on the group? It's very important to fit into the school atmosphere as well as finding your program - after all, you spend most of your life there for four years! The transition is less stressful if you choose a place that makes it easier to feel at home.

Before I came to St. Mary-of-the-Woods, I wish I had known that it wasn't the "conservative Catholic school" that it is bulleted as.

Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is a beautiful, encouraging, and family-like style of learning, growing, and becoming a woman...

Knowing what I now know about college life, the advice that I would give myself would be to relax. I found it very easy to get nervous and overwhelmed with studying, working, and making time to have fun. Now that I am in my second semester, I am much more relaxed and I am more organized with my work. It is wise to plan and be organized with school work, tests, and large assignments. Staying on track and not procrastinating will allow for a student to avoid unneccessary panicking and stress. Another piece of useful advice would be to not procrastinate. On top of being organized, it helps to make plans and schedule in when assignments can be worked on. With the amount of classes and work, it is easy to forget about assignments, so stay on top of your school work. These tips of advice would have helped me in the beginning of my college carreer, but now I know the methods to staying calm and relaxed about school

I would consider the worst thing about my school to be the surrounding location. Although Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is located on a beautiful and historic campus, the town around the school gives off a negative first impression. As you drive to the entrance of the college, one passes through a runned down and low income area that may discourage prospective students from wanting to attend the school. One's first impression of the drive to the college may be very unappealing, but once one is on campus, it is soon easy to forget about the surrounding area.

Casey

For starters college takes people beyond basic knowlege, however I've taken more than just that extended knowledge. I've take confidence in myself as well as others I've had to work with, I've taken on much more responsibility than I had thought I was going to encounter, and I've come to learn more about myself and who I really am, along with what I desire to make of myself. I believe that without my college experience so far I would be in a totally different situation and place. I was unhappy at the small community college I attended back at home in Alabama, but because I took a stand for myself and moved to the state of Florida away from my family and friends I've become a stronger person. A person who can fight for what she wants and desires. I won't give up without a fight, and I'll work down to my bones to recieve what I know I deserve. I didn't come all this way and deprive myself of my family and friends to go without a fight. I will fight for my dream, and my dream will come true.

Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.