St Charles Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for St Charles Community College

Victoria

This school is a typical community college atmosphere. The classrooms are great and the teachers really want you to learn. The only problem I've ever had is finding a parking spot up close, so get there early unless you are fine with walking. But overall the school is great! It's a cheap school for what you get.

Mary

I appreciate the moderate workload and academic nature of the material the professors assign to the students. In regard to the teaching and atmosphere, I believe English is the best department. Class size is usually on the smaller side, which lends itself to insightful in-class conversation and a deeper understanding of the material. Also, the honors program is both rigorous and enjoyable, and the professors are incredibly helpful in that department.

Kaitlyn

The college could be describe as an enlarged high school with a bunch of different buildings. The actually class are nice not to big, which is better to get more from the class and teachers. Overall the school is great for using A+ and then transferring to a larger university.

Skye

It's a good college, and I'm happy that I started going here after finishing high school. I've been given many opportunities that have helped me grow quite a bit. Living close to campus, at my home, has also been an experience I've enjoyed. The people on campus are really helpful and friendly.

Thomas

My first semester at St Charles Community College was a summer semester. Since I was fresh out of high school, I didn't know how to register, do the FAFSA, and apply for financial aid. The staff in the administration building were not very helpful to me in the beginning. It took me multiple visits to assure my A+ award was applied properly. The professors, on the other hand, are considerably easier to work with and care for students' education. They make me what to get out of bed in the morning and learn all that I possibly can from them. I've never had a bad instructor.

Tatiana

In my opinion, the classes are generally easy. Workload is good and only really gets stressful when you have many professors assigning things at the same time toward the end of semesters. Math tends to be the most rigorous, and many students agree that the math program is the most difficult. The college is a commuter campus,so no dorms. There are apartments nearby that are new and from what I know, nice to live in.The food on campus is really good, and they always have a good variety. There are vending machines in all but 1 building too.

Madeline

It's a beautiful campus with a great price. It is a commuter school with NO on campus living but they offer many classes and great times. If you are looking for a small school that has A LOT of clubs this may be for you. It is close to home for me and I love having the ability to go right back home in between classes. They don't have a perfect cafe but have TONS of places to eat less than a mile down the road.

The school is great for betting basic gen-ed classes out of the way before transferring after a few years. Teachers are usually helpful and actually want their students to succeed. Students tend to keep to themselves because they just want to get classes over with, but everyone is still nice.

Lori

I love it here ! The teachers are kind and the really care about your success. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I have never had a bad experience. My teachers are always available to me when I need them. The counseling service is always available if you are having trouble they make sure you are not struggling and if you are they get you the help you need.

Devon

It's okay. They keep a clean campus but as for extracurriculars they can be pretty elitist. For example, I joined CRU last year and it was one of the worst experiences ever! The group leader was very by the book no room for any other opinions type of guy. He was really mean and hateful towards people who didn't share his opinions and overall the experience was less than heartwarming. Secondly, as with any college the professors can be hit or miss however at SCC they're mostly miss. They either love technology or despise it which its fine except when you decide you want your class to be in class and online like most professors it can be a bit much to remember what goes where. For example, A professor of min wanted some HW turned in to her office and some turned in online but only on specific dates and it always had to be turned in by 11:11 which is still don't understand the significance of. Overall, SCC is fine for a community college but I definitely think it could improve by a lot.

Kristopher

It is a decent school that lacks the feel of a major college. The staff is decent and friendly in the classroom, I have never attended office hours because I don't feel that they have much to offer outside the class. The students are very reclusive and if you didn't go to high school with them they won't give you the time of day, while attending SCC I have only made 1 new friend. The facilities are nice for a community college but offer no real extras besides classrooms. I feel no pressure in completing my associates degree in fact the school has fired most of it's on campus help. Overall if you're not worried about a big degree and just getting your basics done than this college is decent.