The Art Institute of Tennessee-Nashville

« See more reviews of The Art Institute of Tennessee-Nashville

College is a very important opprotunity. Do your best to make good grades to get good scholarships. Really decide on what you want to do so that you are not wasting any time on just fooling around. College is a big deal and some day, you will have to pay back all of that money. So don't waste your time by wasting the schools time and wasting your money. Manage your bills better and try to save money. Books and materials are very expensive. Don't wait so long after graduating from high school to go to college. Life may seem easy working and getting that paycheck but that paycheck is nothing compaired to the one you will be receiving once you have that degree. First impressions do matter, so always dress nice and present yourself perfessionally. High school went fast, so will college. Go for the degree that will get you your dream job. Don't settle for anything less. It will be very hard work but very rewarding. Just think, you will have a degree in the field that you absolutely love. If you follow this advice, you will live a more happy rewarding life.

At the age of 9 my mom enrolled me in the Napa valley 4-H club. I had fun going to the meetings because of the people and raising animals was a blast! Keeping record books, writing presentations, public speaking, this did not sound fun. Now I see that it made me a more confident, well rounded person. It taught me how to keep records, teamwork, responsibilty and leadership. My mom and dad always told me how benficial it would be in the future, when college rolled around. Now I see how it made the transition easier. In my teen years I enrolled in the Citizenship/Leadership Club, along with community services we also traveled to places such as W. Virgina, Washington D.C., and N.Y. We took an active roll in government and met with the State Senator. However there were more places to travel and leadership trainings I opted out of. My advice to myself would be to, to be more involved, take more chances, use my time wisely. There is so much to see and to learn in this world just keep your eyes and your heart open. Life is beautiful and we only live once.

If I could go back in time and tell myself what I know now, I would tell me, don't drag your feet so much because this year is going to go by faster than you think and your going to really miss the everyday routine after about a month or two of being out of school. Believe it or not, your going to miss these people who are always on your case about making sure everything on your assignment is perfect, and trust me, your going to thank them for that later. It's not so bad at home either, just because you can't do something every night of the week doesn't mean your life is going to end, this is where the people that love you are. You may not believe it, but your going to have a hard time leaving this place. I would say, don't worry so much about the little thing in life, what seems big today may seem like a little insignificant nothing tomorrow. Finally, laugh along when you do something stupid, in the end, it makes the world a better place.

If I was allowede to go back in time, I would try to warn myself about all the money issues. Money is a huge issue in the college life if you don't have a lot to begin with in the first place. I would've told myself to focus on getting all the scholarships I can recieve, and get my grade point average up as fast I can. That way I won't be in the situation I'm in now, which is struggling to stay in school. I would explain that college life can be fun at times, but being a college student full time and working half time sometimes doesn't mix well together. There isn't anytime for fun and games like you see on the television. Its only work, work, work, and more work. If I got the chance to go back in time, I would be so prepared in life for this college life. But since im not, I have to deal with the issues, unless I can get help. Thank you for listening.

I have attended a community college as well as a four year liberal arts college. Over my three semesters thus far I can honestly say I have grown in leaps and bounds. My maturity and responsibility have increased immensely. I have more respect for the value of an education and have finally learned great study habits which were non-existent during my high school years. The community college I went to helped me out with my study habits because the classes were a bit harder and I had to do a lot more work than in high school. After leaving home and coming to a four year college, my responsibility has risen tremendously because I have essentially been having to take care of myself without any help from my parents. College has been so valuable for me attend thus far and I am very greatful for the experiences I have had.

I feel like I have grown up so much from the past year since I started college. I have learned a lot about the world around me, especially about design and how different people/cultures react to different things. I have learned a lot of techniques that professionals in my field of study have used for hundreds of years as well as ones that are brand new and are changing the graphic design world. I have been introduced to some of the greatest people in the history of my field and have been truly inspired by them and my instructors help me take all that to the next step and make something out of it.

I've experience that when you go to a private school it's going to be expensive and it's better if you get grants or a scholarships before entering that college because if you don't you're going to be in dept or get a job and save money before going. But it has been valuable also because i've learn many thing in that short period of time and I meet a lot of new people and i learn to take responsability.

One of the first things I would tell myself is that I need to prepare for the hard work that is to come. So many times we assume college is a walk in the park and partys all the time, but its a place to really start to developed your career and future.