Victoria, TX
University of Houston-Victoria

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Victoria

Hayden

I still remember the shock I felt after graduating from high school. I couldn?t believe the four greatest years of my life just come to an end in one little ceremony. And I really had no clue what I was in for next. Simply put, college blew me away. The friends I had spent every waking moment with had all gone their own ways. I hadn?t worked to my potential in high school so unlike them, I had to go to a community college. Still, I was expected to do everything they were doing. I had to register for my own classes, buy rather expensive books, and write essays for English 101 that were A LOT longer than any I?d ever written in my life. At one point I stopped to ask myself, "is it really worth it?" It took me few months to realize it, but the answer was a resounding "yes." College is absolutely necessary in order for me to attain the kind of future I had always envisioned for myself. In just a year I learned to the book deals are online, procrastination is the enemy, and best of all, I learned true perseverance.

Ciara

College is a learning expedition, not something you simply pass through, but an active commitment toward a more knowledgeable future. As an Education major, I am making my journey toward becoming a teacher. It is the valuable skills I have acquired through college, that will help me to be the best teacher that I can be. In college, I have not only learned valuable life-skills and the information I will need to achieve my goals, but I have discovered the ability to help others realize their goals. Initially, I learned the subject matter that I will teach, but more importantly, I learned that you can never know everything there is to know about anything, so you should always seek more knowledge. Furthermore, I have learned important communication skills to help me reach out to my future students and their families. I have learned many things throughout college, and I will learn so many more, but the most important thing is this: each person can make a positive difference to the world. I have learned that I can make a difference and have made it my goal to make a difference in the life of every person that I can.

Colleen

College has been a life changing experience for me. After high school, I went straight into the work force. Even though I love my job, I wanted something more. I finally enrolled into a college course at the age 26 and my journey began. Knowing what my time was worth, I cherished every moment I was in class. It made me realize how important education really is. I have gain a new respect for myself and found learning so rewarding. As I move along my path to earning a degree, I can hold my head high. I have come this far and I can see my reward ahead of me.

yewande

My name is Yewande Ogunkoya, presently a student of Quincy College. College experience is a wonderful experience because it has shown me, how I can better my life and future .I have also acquired more knowlegde based in the change of my career to Nursing profession. I graduated with Chemical Eng(for my BSC) and I believe with Nursing I can save life and build a world of hope for people with problem with their health.My college experience has also made me to realise my talent and what i know how to do best.I love to take care of people,show them love and give them the reason for them to live another day.

I have attended four state universities during my college career. I have seen a wide variety of teaching methods and campus life. This experience has been extremely valuable to me in that I will be able to pass my knowledge and experience on to my two daughters when they are preparing to go to college. My experience at the University of Houston Victoria, specifically, has been valuable because it offered all of my classes online. This has allowed me to focus on my studies, my family, and my church activities during times that were convenient to my schedule.

I took my classes online. This was extremely convenient for a stay at home mom of two children. The classes were well organized and easy to access online.

People who want a strong sense of commraderie and school spirit should not attend this school. UHV is primarily for commuters and older students going back to school. UHV is not a party school!!!

Aubrie

Online classmates are respectful and willing to help one another. All students give positive feedback in a respectable way. Face to face classmates are somewhat quiet unless we do groupwork.; then the classmates actually form a speaking relationship. Unfortunately, I have not been aquanited enough to enjoy their company out of the class setting.

If I had a chance to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to balance school work and extra cirricular activities better. As a private school attendee, it was my own fault to favor sports over school work. I had a good GPA in high school but I know I could have done better. I am now making the best grades I have ever made in college and am loving this experience. That would have to be the only piece of advice I would tell myself if I had the second chance.

I was prepared and ready upon my start at this school. There were really no surprises.

Jeremiah

Looking back at my high school years, one thing I would have changed was my communication skills. Proper communication skills allows more doors to open. It leaves a good first impression and shows people that one has confidence. After working as an Admissions Coordinator in VITAS Inovative Hospice Care, I have also learned that it allows patients to trust someone more. The more a person trusts someone, the more responsibilty they will allow one person to have- and more responisibility shows that one is a leader. If my high school ego had learned the importance of this tool, I would have graduated at the top of my high school class, and excelled even higher in other aspects of my life; moreover, I would also teach my high school ego that nothing is ever too late, because it is by that motto, that has made me successful and satisfied with my life today.

Audra

Knowing what I know now about college life I would tell myself to study and work hard. An education is important and if I learned how to study back then and took my studies seriously I probably would have been more successful in college. It took me a lot in order to disipline myself and start getting good grades in school. I probably would have also told myself to figure out what I would like to do as a long term career so I could have figured out my major right away.

I brag most when I say that my school is in a nice quite area. That the campus is beautiful and big and that I can get the education that I want.

University of Houston-Victoria administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.