Jamestown, ND
University of Jamestown

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Jamestown

Lindsey

Honeslty love the college! Feels like home! You get to meet lots of new people, plenty of activities to go to, and amazing meals! Its nice because it's close to home where my family is so i can still visit and interact with them. Super satisfied with the university of jamestown!

Jason

I really enjoyed Jamestown College. I plan to attend there next fall semester. I enjoy their sports programs and their class sizes are ideal for me. The people are extremely nice on campus and off. It is a very relaxed environment on campus and a very competitive atmosphere on the sports arena.

Reedlyn

This college is really good for someone who wants a small campus and plenty of different people to meet. Our food isn't the best but at least your sure to have someone to talk to while you're eating it. We have great sports teams and your bound to meet almost everyone on campus at least once.

Dacey

University of Jamestown is great if you are someone who likes smaller class sizes for a more personal feel. Everything is close together so if you do not have a car, it is not a problem. Professors are very understanding and helpful if you are a student athlete, and just overall in general. The food service changed which has improved the quality of the food by a lot. There is weekly chapel and workout classes to attend.

Leah

My school is a very small place that is filled with people with big hearts and big ambitions.

The small class sizes is one thing that attracted me to this school. All of my professors know me by name, and it is easy to talk to my professors outside of class when needed.

In regards to acedemics, do not be afraid to ask questions to your professors. They love answering questions and someone else most likely will be wondering the same thing. Also, get your homework done as soon as possible-- the sooner you're done, the sooner you can relax and enjoy the company of your friends. In regards to social life, make time to hang out with people you like and join clubs/organizations to meet new people! Don't be shy and don't be afraid to always be yourself-- turns out people genuinely like you for who you are! And remember, you will only be at college for 4 years, so work hard, appreciate your time there, and don't stress yourself out. God's got your back so there's no need to stress. :)

Alejandro

Alejandro,live differently than those who are in college to have fun so that when college is over you may have fun.Live the life of a great man,keep your goals and maintainyour vision.It will pay off.

University of jamestown is far from being the typical party school every college student dreams to attend.This small university offers a different college experience,first of all the small campus makes it possible to wake up ten minutes before class and get to class with time left on the clock.My second favorite thing about jamestown is scenery and the fact that there is not much to do because you can reallly focus on your studies as well as your athletic carreer plus you get to stay in touch with nature.Finally,I love the people here.

I wish I would have known just how cold it really gets here.The temperatures here are ridiculously low at times but I think it was an interesting experience to go through a real winter and to have my first white christmas .

Meghan

I would tell myself to learn how to study for things ahead of time instead of at the last minutes, this would also go for papers or assignments. Do not procrasintate be someone who is ahead of the game. I would also tell myself to spend more time looking for scholarships. Financial aid is a key factor to anyone who is headed toward college and paying for school can be a challenge. I wish I would have looked more into scholarships and taking the time to prepare. When in athletics being a senior in high school you are the top do. I would tell myself to be more humble in athletics it is not until college where you are put into your place again. Congradulate everyone because they all contributed to making you the athlete that one are. Procrastination, athletics, and studying are just three of the things that I wish I would have learned to fix in high school, but for now I am slowly figuring them out.

This is a very diverse school that strives allow students to have a carreer when completing school. If a student wants small class sizes, one on one time with the professor, a small community, and most importantly want a carreer with a great institution name to back you. At this school you are not a number you are a indiviual, teacher know you by your first name and extermely warming and willing to help. I suggest that is the school to attend if all the characteristics listed about is what you are looking for in a school.

My classmates at Jamestown College are unique, ranging from everywhere across the Unites States to several countries around the world.

Entering college as a freshman is a scary experience. Not only are you living on your own without parental guidance, but you have to meet new friends, support yourself, and complete school work that is harder than you could ever imagine. If I could go back a year from now and offer myself some advice, I would tell myself "do what's best for you." College should be a great time, filled with memories and amazing friendships. It shouldn't matter what your hair looks like or what you wear to class. Other people's opinions should not affect the experience you have in college. You will meet some of your best friends because of your personality, not because of what you wear or how you look. I would also tell myself that it is important to do your best in class. College is a time to fill your brain with new and exciting knowledge. I, myself, am a perfectionist and strive for good grades. By going to college I have realized that you can't always get an A+ in your gradebook. All that should matter is that you tried your hardest and did the best you can.

I wish that I would have been more aware of the general requirements for nursing majors at Jamestown College. If I had known them, I could have taken different classes during my senior year of high school that would have benefitted me for college.

Corissa

Great quality education where you can really make a difference at the school.

Great quality education where you can really make a difference at the school.

If I could give my angsty, nerdy, stressed, high school self advice, it would be not to settle and to relax. Academic acheivement is important, but that can be acheived while having fun, doing hobbies, and learning more about yourself and not just your two-hundred dollar textbook. Being a high school senior is a time when you are bombarded by people wanting to know what you want to do with your life, when you have so little life experience. With that, it's imperative not to limit yourself to what you know or what you think you are good at, because there is a whole world out there. Don't necessarily pick a major based on the classes, do interships in the careers that interest you and base your education on your career goals. You have to challenge yourself to grow as a person in college, but don't make yourself go gray by the time you are twenty-two, because you should also enjoy this unique time in your life.

Students who want to get to know the campus, professors, and community well.

Dajan

If I could speak to myself as a high school senior I am sure of what I would say. I would tell myself to reach out to others as I transition into college. I came into college very shy and nervous. What I failed to realize was that everyone else was in the same boat as I was. So, to my highschool self, be yourself and go socialize. Keep your studies your top priority, as you always have, but also understand that being a part of groups and having a strong bond with other people is important in transitioning into college. You need a strong basis of friends to help you get through those tough weeks when you get bogged down with exams and just need someone to talk to. Those first few months away from family will be difficult, so reach out and save your mental health. Education comes first, but that doesn't mean that finding yourself and lifetime friends cannot be an integral part of the journey.

I would consider our science department the best thing about our school. I would say so because we have so many resources and a brand new building. The resources available to me are definitely going to help me get more in depth work in my studies and the professors are so passionate about what they teach that I can't help but develop that same passion.

I would brag most about the small class sizes. I have many friends that are attending much larger colleges and universities throughout the states, and none recieve the type of one-on-one attention that I experience here at the University of Jamestown. With such small class sizes I have more opportunities to reach out to my professors for help and I feel like a student, not a number.

University of Jamestown administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.