Tucson, AZ
University of Phoenix-Southern Arizona Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Southern Arizona Campus

kameisha

i am alloed to feel comfortable to makemy own decisions instead, of someone making them ofr me

The advice I would give to myself is to be patient, I am stringer than I know!

So far there is nothing that is frustrating about my school.

The University of Phoenix online classes can be described as isolated and independent. The school does a fantasitc job in promoting student interaction within each class by enforcing group projects. This school is also career focused with all of it's majors so that students can also focus on learning materials targeted to thier individual careers.

Many high school students do not know what career they should follow once they graduate. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to get to know who I am outside of school and my immediate circle of friends. This would help any student be more decisive on their career choices. Many students change their majors at least once while they are attending college. Getting to know one’s self and really understand the numerous careers that can be obtained with different degrees would also be helpful on deciding what the student would like to major in.

Students who have full time jobs should attned this school because it allows flexibility since all of the classes are online. This school is also great for students who are also looking for a fast track classes to obtain their degrees without going to a vocational school.

Kala

If I were to go back to my highschool self I would definitely tell myself to take harder classes. To take the college course classes and get the credits before you pay outrageous prices for them. I would tell myself to explore all my college options before jumping into just one and setting my mind on only one because all my friends are going there. I would tell myself to search for scholarships, day in and day out. To search for grants and use the school counslers to provide me with tons of scholarship/grant information. I would tell myself to make good decisions, and to not jump at the first "best" oppertunity that comes my way. I would tell myself to save every penny, so when I decided to move out, it wouldnt be so tight on money. At last I would tell myself to enjoy highschool, because the next step is the biggest most tiring step of them all, and you can never go back to your highschool years with someone guiding you everystep, so take advantage of that. Use all the resources you can and never give up. There's always something out there for everyone.

University of Poenix provides the most flexible schedule. You can work, pay your bills and still complete school. It doesnt stress you out by having a million classes at once. It lets you focus and really learn what you are suppose to be learning by focusing you into one class at a time. Its a HUGE stress relief.

Any kind of person should attend the university of phoenix. It has such diversity from people with families, people with full time jobs, people just trying to get a couple classes here and there people just starting out or just finishing up. The University of Phoenix is literally for everyone.

Sheryl

I did not really consider other schools; therefore, I have no idea what differences exist.

The retrospective advice to my high school self would have been to stay in college right after high school. At that time, I had obtained a full four year academic scholarship to the University of Arizona. Had I stayed in college, I would have pursued the opportunites for advanced education, such as a doctorate. Additionally, if I had known I would be financially required to work both a full-time and part-time job for more than 20 years, due to lack of a degree, only to find myself even more financially buried to attend school now; I would have made it clear to myself that staying in school straight from high school was the smartest option for the future.

Sadly, this school is best known for horrible learning teams. Whether speaking with students on campus or online, or communicating with current or former students on Facebook, the learning team is always at the forefront of complaint. Many good students are forced perform the majority of work in learning teams, just to keep their GPA from suffering. Some learning team members appear to lack rudimentary communication skills; therefore, covering for this disparity or even simply covering for their lack of participation altogether, is the only burdening option.

Make the jump. You can spend your whole life waiting for that epiphany to come and it will never happen. You do not know what you want to do with your life because you spend too much time dissecting every decision until you forget what the purpose is. If you see a door open, walk through the door. You will not be young forever, and dragging out education into your 30’s is not the best choice for your life. You may not like this field, but that is because your real calling in life is to follow God and to have a family. The fact still remains, you need an education. You need to study, even when you feel like giving up. You need to apply for scholarships, even if you feel unworthy. You need to open your eyes to the reality of life. Life is hard and you need a degree. Study the material, believe in yourself. Just because your mother did not even finish middle school, and your siblings will spend years of their life trying to finish college and never succeed, does not mean you are destined for failure. You will graduate.

I can "go to school" any time day or night and even submit posting from my phone application. This school is for on-the-go people.

Someone that is motivated to go to school and spend time online learning processes and information. Anyone with a busy schedule that cannot go to campus, can go to school online and they can find time because of the flexible online option.

Brian

Learning teams, night classes, and one night a week on campus class

Learning teams, night classes, and one night a week on campus class

I would have told myself to buckle down and get into a good college right out of high school. I would have said it won't be has hard as you think it will be. It won't be has much money as you think. You could do so much good in your life. You could become a Doctor if you just apply yourself and study. Take advantage of just finishing school, with your knowledge still fresh in your mind. If you wait to long it may be hard for you to get back in the groove of school. You may have to relearn some simple things like math and grammar. It won't be as bad as you think, just do it!

That we only need to attend campus one night a week. We also have learning teams that we meet up with 2 to 3 times a week to go over assignments and talk about class.

Shenna

From the perspective of an online format, I haven't gotten to know my classmates well.

One piece of advice I would give myself is that your parents are one hundred percent right about everything. You will understand as you start to experience your adult life. My mother always told me to get good grades to ensure I had a good GPA. That is another thing I wish I could go back and do over. While I graduated with a decent gpa, but I could have done much better. GPA is something colleges look at prior to acceptance. The biggest advice I would give myself is to learn to be a responsible adult. A college education is important. It helps us gain the required knowledge to succeed in the workforce and also make a decent financial living. I would tell myself that the most important thing right now is not boys, but your education. Because if you get your education now, you won’t have to cry about not having it later. There are just so many regrets now and not going straight into college when I’d just graduated is one of them.

I wish I had known that learning teams would be a challenge.

Rebecca

There is nothing I would have told myself from the past. I have lived a wonderful roller-coaster ride of a life, and would not change a thing about it.

There was truly nothing that could have been better, or different with my experience with the University of Phoenix. All my questions, both academic, and financial were always answered, and I was always treated with respect.

I bragged and try to get people to enroll with the University of Phoenix because it is a great school and has many great aspects too numerous to mention.

Vanessa

University of Arizona SOuth Campus is a great school for students that need that online education.

School is expensive. Make sure that you look for help to pay for college. Dont wait till you have three kids and school is much more expensive since you have to pay for child care on top of tuition. Make every class count. They more you put into the more you will get out of it. Some people dont get the oppotunity to go to school so take advantage!

I attended the University of Arizona South Campus. It is a school for students who need online courses that might work or be a mother of 3 young children and take these course at night when the children sleep. It offers many classess and most professors are great at what they do. Great school to get a degree in Education.

Skyler

University of Arizona South is known for supporting the vast military community in the area by offering degrees in intelligence operations and related fields in addition to traditional degree programs. Psychology and management departments get a lot of good press!

If I could go back in time and talk to my highschool self, I would say "Embrace lifelong learning." My highschool self and his peers often see educational pursuits as a "hurdle" which must be navigated in order to get to the "real world". The truth is that the most successfull employees/business owners are lifelong learners. The cessation of high school and/or college does not mean the learning stops, or at least it shouldn't. Throughout life, we will all here people say that we don't have enough college degrees or the right ones. The ultimate goal then is to look at education as a process rather than a one-time event. Learning things on-the-job and exploring certification programs does nothing but help you. Staying enrolled in college programs even if you already have a degree can keep you sharp and competitive in your career. Education is not just a "right of passage" - it's a lifestyle. You've already started, be prepared to continue on!

The worst thing about the UA South campus is the lack of foreign language classes offered. Almost all UA undergraduate degree programs require 2 years of an approved foreign language in order to graduate. Students wishing to fulfill the language requirements must use the main campus in Tucson or "self-study" with CLEP exams.

University of Phoenix-Southern Arizona Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.