University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh

Andrew

I actually like the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, there is a great sense of community there and the students and staff are extremely involved with other students. The campus is a great size for someone who came from a small town, it is nothing big like Madison or as small as Stevens Point. It is just the right size for me.

Julia

I've been here for three years and I have had pretty bad experiences in the dorms, such as disrespectful roommates and neighbors. My main concern is the music department at UW Oshkosh. It's not a very welcoming atmosphere and the professors aren't very open minded with students. I've never really felt like I belonged and I don't have many friends. I would make friends then lose friends consistently. I used to love the idea of college and I liked taking classes such as Philosophy, art, and Gender and sexuality, but I've just been bored and lonely most of the time. What I can say though is that I've learned a lot about people, myself, and the world. These experiences are valuable and I think that's what college is all about. I'm fortunate to be getting such an opportunity and I plan on making the most out of my college experience.

Abby

The university of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is a very good school. The class sizes are decently small, all of the teachers are very flexible and understanding, and the classes are engaging. There is plenty to do off campus, there is a bus that can transport students into the city for free, and on campus has many opportunities as well. I definitely recommend the university.

Bianca

My overall opinion of University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is that it is a very well organized and student-oriented college. There are always several activities, clubs, and classes to join and I love it. The campus is very diverse as well which is great. I love how the campus is not too big, but it is also not small. It is just the right size that fits my preference.

Lisa

I have met a number of interesting and intelligent people at UWO, many of whom have been my professors. On an individual level, therefore, I have no problem with UWO. However, as a university/organization, I have to admit I have a rather negative opinion. It's always had a reputation of being a party school, which I understand, except that there is always garbage and broken glass around the houses by campus, likely from said partying. I see that UWO has put a decent amount of effort into looking after students' safeties, whether that be educating them about questionable recreational activities or about after-dark awareness. As far as academics and tuition are concerned, if I was not a commuter and was spending money to live in the dorms, I believe I would have an even more negative opinion of UWO. It's rather strange to me that the classes marketed as easy are the ones where I seem to learn more about how to think critically than the honors courses I have been required to take where we merely talk about what it means to think critically, or the more difficult courses where I feel that very little of the information I learn will benefit me in the future.

Karrina

The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh over all is a great school. There is always something to do on and off campus. The school is starting to become diverse and most students accept that. There is a pretty good student to professor ratio but there are also larger lecture courses. While there are some downfalls to this school there are many positive things. The few things that I would change are the meal plan and the diversity in the food. Everything is preempt limited and repetitive. Also parking availability all over Oshkosh, there are not many places you can park without receiving a ticket. All in all The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is a pretty great college.

kahmiya

I love the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. I am a first generation student and everyone has made me feel very welcomed. I already have a lot of close friends just within the month that I have been here. Also the professors are extremely nice and class sizes have not exceeded 40.

David

Overall the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is a very diverse campus for all new incoming students. There's lots of opportunities on the campus trying to help students be more involved in the community. It also provided support to make sure students do well in academic. This campus will be like home to any students when you come here.

My overall opinion of the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is very good. I am a first year student, or freshman, going into my second semester, and I am very satisfied with my first semester. My professors helped me whenever I reached out, and always offered their free-time to help. Also, the classes weren't too large or too small where it wasn't uncomfortable. The campus has a very relaxed feeling to it. It made me feel like I was home.

UW-Oshkosh is an interesting mix of characters. In my opinion, most of the students are only here to party on the weekends and get "the college experience." Most students are not here to learn but those that are tend to do very well. The campus could do a better job of keeping the students safe at night and hosting other activities on the weekends to try to discourage underage drinking.

KYLA

I love it!

Anaya

The classes are awesome, wide variety of them with plenty to learn. The people in my opinion are all the same, there is no real diversity but they try to include everybody even with the limited diversity. All in all the school is good, but you have to work hard to find anybody that truly stands out.

Courteney

I love the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. For me it gives the feeling of being at home. It is not too large but has given me a good experience with diversity. I feel that I am getting a good education as well. Most of the professors I have had really care about your success, and they are available to help almost at anytime through different options.

Menickalay

I love UW Oshkosh. The campus and surrounding areas are very nice and clean. There are many restaurants and stores really close to campus. The bus system is efficient as well. UW Oshkosh offers many resources and they actually care about your success.

Aaron

I love it! A lot of people find the campus to be big enough where you see someone new every day but big enough where you spend half the day walking to a class. There are plenty of groups for people to get involved in and opportunities for all students to participate in events sent out by the Student Announcement emails. There are a lot of great professors who are passionate about what they teach and others who want to give a more independent "vibe" to their curriculum. Although the City isn't as well known as Madison or Milwaukee, it is very much brought to life by the University and the city does a good job of offering fun events and shopping venues for everyone. As a Nursing major it is also exciting to be attending the number one Nursing program in the state which we are definitely known for!

Mariah

My overall opinion of UW-Oshkosh is that it is a very nice campus to be on. All the major buildings on campus are really close to each other, that it should not take more than a 10-15 minute walk to get from one building to another. All the teachers I have had class with seem to have in mind the best interests of the students and some even work to try to keep costs low for students. There are always events going on on campus, whether they are campus wide or for a club or organization. UW-Oshkosh also has a nice program with the bus company that students ride free with their student ID, which means there is always a way to get transportation into other parts of Oshkosh to do events on the weekend.

I love it! Great campus and community. The residence halls are all close to one another, the buildings are beautiful, and it’s not too big of a campus. You can easily walk to each class in 5-7 minutes from one building to the next! Fun campus to be apart of!

It is a really good environment to be in; everyone is really nice, and the professors all care a lot about their students, and want to see them succeed. The campus itself is small enough where it doesn't feel overwhelming to a freshman, but also big enough where you get a sense of independence.

Claudia

The school is a good size but could use some updating to their dorm buildings. The price of on campus housing is expensive. In a small town so theres not a lot to do besides bars and drinking. There is an outlet close by so you can do some damage there. There is a lot of food variety.

I met wonderful friends and now sisters through my Sorority, met my incredible boyfriend as a current student there now and some great educators who helped guide me to my degree. I would highly recommend this university to everyone who listens. The campus is the perfect size without being overwhelming. I have great memories from my time there that I will always cherish.

Andrew

Good school to go to with a lot of opportunities around campus to expand your horizon and spread your wings. The teachers and staff are amazing with every opportunity to be there for every student and help them one on one. The college life outside the classroom is awesome with many clubs to join and things to do around campus, you will never have a dull moment. UW-Oshkosh is also a very safe place to study with no worry of things happening to you.

Ashlynn

I feel that the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh has a positive climate and atmosphere for all students and staff. The on campus services and activities available along with the surrounding community options give students countless resources and opportunities to expand and grow for their future.

Dyllan

It is generally an amazing place! I truly enjoy all of the activities offered as well as the academics you can chooses from. Most students are very welcoming and helpful if you ever need information. The major bonus is having Polito's and Insomnia less than 5 minutes away.

Madison

UW Oshkosh isn't just a school, but also a community. There is always something to do on campus, whether it's rock climbing, joining a club, or intramurals, you will never be bored. The only thing that sucks is there is quite a bit of partying, but really that just comes with the college territory. Overall it's a great school, that has good class sizes and well educated professors that are willing to take the time to make sure you learn what you need to, to be successful.

manie

The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh in my opinion is very welcoming. Lots of information is covered for what you can do with your future, however, the staff and facilities are very open to clearing up information and helping. Also, information and safety is well informed through emails and texts.

They are awful when it comes to financial services, but it's an okay campus. Nothing really jumps out at me that screams great, but it's not the worst campus. I love the sustainability about this campus though which is a big plus. It is a clean environment which I appreciate.

Mikayla

The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is a great sized University, it is not too big but not too small. They make and effort to make sure students don't have a problem meeting new people. Professors are easy to get a hold of and make time to meet if you have questions or need help.

Precious

The school academically is amazing. Your professors always want to know who you are and make sure you understand the material being presented. We have an amazing tutor section for almost any class you can think of, and it’s free in your tuition! There are also discounts at some of our local shops nearby campus, which comes in handy a lot due to those who eat certain foods and want food outside of the campus food.

jacob

UWO is a so-so university. I love the class sizes and the students are very friendly if you look up from your phone for 5 minutes and have a conversation to the kid that sits next to you. There are some very great professors who teach because they love to and enjoy spreading their knowledge to our young minds. And then there are some professors who just flat out suck, openly complain about their salary and how they dont get paid enough and how hard it is for them. Like grow up and teach!! Student life is pretty decent, me I dont go out much cause trying to get that piece of paper, but the school puts on events and there usually is a place that has a smoking happy hour deal.

I love this University. It is by far one of my favorite state Division 3 schools in the state. It has a lot to offer and is in a big city, so there are many resources available to us at any point. The teachers are always very helpful and considerate if people have other responsibilities and need other arrangements to work around schedules.

UW Oshkosh is a great campus. You can feel a real sense of community between the students. We're the third largest UW, yet you can walk the entire length of campus in under ten minutes. I love the campus organization. We have some very wonderful professors.

Andrew

The school overall is pretty nice and has a beautiful campus and beautiful people. The sports and social life are great too but some of the teachers could be better, classes are easy if you prepare for them. Tuition is affordable and anyone who comes on a visit will see how great the school can be for them.

Sienna

I think it is a wonderful school with many opportunities for success.

Hallie

UW-Oshkosh is a great campus for people who are looking to get out the their small towns but not ready for a huge city campus like Madison or Milwaukee. All of the buildings (including on-campus housing) are close together so it is maybe a 10-12 minute walk across the campus. It's beautiful in the fall and spring, however it can be a little windy at times. I would definitely recommend it as an option to look in to!

Ashlea

UW Oshkosh is such an amazing campus. Everyone is friendly, and you can always expect smiles and hello's on your walk through campus. Speaking of the walk through campus it's great. It's short, maybe at 15 min walk from the two farthest points, but it's not set up in away that everything is close and right in your face when you walk out. The on-campus housing is really nice too. We just redid one of our residence halls, and are in the process of redoing another right now that will be ready for the 2017-18 school year. We also just built a new residence hall called Horizon Village. Look it up, it is SO nice. Our academics are great here also. The business and nursing program are very competitive and some of the best in the state. Our professes here have office ours, and are very helpful in and out of class with answer questions about anything from the class they teach to what's the best thing to eat at Blackhawk Commons. Now, onto the food! Everyone loves food, we have a place to eat in each academic building where they serve sandwiches, soups, bagels, coffee and so much more everyday. We also have two main dinning areas, Blackhawk Commons (which includes Blackhawk To Go..they have the mashed potato bowls and buff chix wraps!!). Blackhawk has a killer salad bar, and they have a different home cooked meal ever night along with so much more. The second place is Reeve Union, there you have a good burger joint, sub shop, Pizza Hut, and much more also. Also located at Reeve is a coffee shop/smoothie shop and the Titan Underground..they make great food also but it can't be bought with your meal plan. The athletics are pretty big here, we have a very good football team, and both our basketball programs are ranked #1 for this coming season. Over all UW Oshkosh is great. I would highly recommend attending this college.

Joseph

I think Oshkosh is the perfect college for text-book Wisconsin residents. The location on the fox valley near Lake Winnebago and the town is perfect for eastern Wisconsin residents who like to be near an economy residing next to a body of water. The academics are great for what you're looking for, along with athletics which hold a national respect in competition and national titles. The clubs and activates are great as well. Along with the accessibility to a very well kept and updated workout facility.

Giovanni

Overall, I believe that UW Oshkosh is a good school. Although not perfect, I am happy with my decision to attend this school. I wish that there were more ways to be involved in sports without having to join a team. Being an active person, it is sometimes hard for me to find things to do.

Klaire

I love it.

Pa Houa

It is slowly growing. I love how the University cares about the student's opinions and tries their best to make them happy. Although it's tough to please everyone, they show that they are sincere and willing to do something about a matter. I've seen a lot of improvement my three years here and I hope to see it continue to grow as a community for our upcoming students.

Ellaheh

University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is a decent school to attend. The campus life could use some more involvement, especially for events that upper class men would be interested in. but the education provided is what would be expected from a university.

Savannah

Overall, UW-Oshkosh is a fun college to go to. There are over 100 clubs you can join and almost always something fun going on during the week and at least one club anyone could be interested in. Not to mention the college allows for students to create a club as long as they have enough people to start it up, so if there isn't a club that appeals to your interest it is pretty easy to start up a new one. Classes are pretty interesting as the professors are really open to talking about topics they may not have considered before and applying it to class concepts. This college is pretty fun and finds many ways to keep the students active.

Hana

I like it a lot it gives me many opportunities to pursue the career I want. Also, I can stay active without having to pay a lot of money to go to a gym because there are many sidewalks to run or walk on. Their professors seem very open to working with the students and have office hours that flexible for a lot of people.

Dakota

Its a great school due to the veterans department is always willing to stay long hours to provide for us and their professors are always willing to go the extra mile for their students. There are a ton of extracurricular activities to keep all students involved from sports to academic programs.

Raabia

Throughout college, students are converging towards a common goal; to use their education so that they may become successful in their future. Students often wonder whether college is important enough to dedicate four years of the most crucial time in their lives to. I have always believed that college prepares you to become a successful and well-rounded person. The wonderful teachers at UW Oshkosh have assisted me in unearthing not only my talents but also my passion for helping others. I graduated in May 2019 with a Bachelor's of Science in Psychology. These four years of my life have provided me with the knowledge necessary to communicate clearly with my peers, manage my time efficiently, and last but certainly not least, the ability to use positive language so that I may provide a calming presence. Even though I have achieved something which I hold dear, I wish to further advance my career with a Masters in Public Administration.

Hunter

Great school with some small things that could be changed. Appreciate the life here with all the opportunities available to get involved. My professors seem to genuinely care about my well being and want me to succeed. Good mix of large lectures and small classes

When I visited UW Oshkosh, I was looking at a specific program, nursing. The parking lot felt safe and had a lot of lights. The buildings were attractive and students attentive to their surroundings. The faculty and staff were approachable and very knowledgeable. They gave me a tour. I was very impressed. The nursing program had simulation equipment for a hospital, operating room, and clinical practice. The staff even brought me to financial aid to see how I could pay for the program. I went to the library and the student union during my visit. The library had everything I needed including a helpful reference area and internet access. The students were very complimentary of their school.

This school instantly felt like home, from the second I began to tour, and still to this day. I miss being here when I am back at my family home. I have never had any bad experiences here, nor do I have any friends that have had any bad experiences either. I love it here so much.

Rebecca

I have loved my experience at the University of Wisconsins- Oshkosh. I am a music major and their program is so fun. It was so easy to make friends and the staff was so helpful and everyone wants to see you succeed. Even outside of the music department my professors have all wanted to see me succeed and have been there to cheer me on when I accomplish great things.

Bailey

My honest opinion may not be the best to choose from, but I love this school with all my heart. I have gotten more opportunities in a single semester here, without a single class fro my major or minor. That says something. All but one of my professors have been nothing less than extraordinary, and the recreational center here has become a dorm outside my dorm. I am there every day from 1-4 hours! The food options are endless on top of that!

Teresa

My overall opinion about my school is that it is a very good school to come to if you want to get the whole college experience while learning at the same time. The food options are very good, along with dorms and you can upgrade to bigger and better rooms depending on GPA, etc.