Vincennes, IN
Vincennes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Vincennes University

Nickie

The only thing I feel I could honestly tell myself would be to move on. At the time of graduation I was very heart broken that I may never see any of my beloved friends again, and everyday for the first week I wished I could go back. As time went on I began to ease into the experience, and was suprised at how fundamentally simallar it was to high school. It wasn't until I started taking my classes in philosophy and the professor, Bruce Buchanan opened my mind to the experience. I began to explore the existentialist ideas of Friedrich Nietzsche andd how I could take what I was feeling and make it positive. Through the isolation and emotional suffering I endured, I began to realize that it all came from a lack of motivation. I was never outgoing and high school, so thus I never met many people and never applied myself. Once I realized this, I began joining clubs in areas that intrested me like Earth Sicence, Philosophy, and Psychology. I also began taking extra courses. I am at this time taking two summer courses in the hopes of getting the most out of my education.

Within the past year, there have been cuts made to the humanities department. As a philosopher, I feel that it is important for our students are taught to think freely and education should strive to do just that. With the reccent cutbacks, I feel our school is leaning towards a more business like approach that aims to achieve certification, rather than education.

I feel that all people would be welcomed at Vincennes University. Students who are looking for a more diverse experience may wish to check out some of the other schools first, though. With regards to the staff, I would say that Vincennes has one of the most inviting and very approachable. There has never been one time I didn't feel when I was struggling that I could ask the professor for help.

Andrea

It is the only school I found that has a program that combines a Teaching License in Elementary Education and also in Special Education. You take are going for one degree and can get two Licenses out of it!

The advice I would give myself is, apply for every scholarship out there. There are so many more scholarships geared for seniors in High School than there are for those currently attending college. Look into every source of financial aid you can so you don't have to struggle to pay for college the whole way through.

Someone who will be far away from their home and easily gets homesick. I personally am 5 hours away from my hometown and if I got homesick easily, I would never make it here.

Brandy

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself a nice long chat. I fell behind my senior year more than any other year and basically gave up. Which, I would have to say, is my biggest regret. I would tell myself to keep my head up and do what had to be done. I would tell myself that my choice to fall behind, caused me to be behind when I took my next step to college. I did not have the grades to get certain oppotunities that I gave up. I wish I could go back and tell myself that my grades, homework, and that whole experience was more important than I gave it credit for. I would be sure to take my own advice too, because I wish that I could have been more focused and dedicated to my school work and furture. I am more dedicated now, to succeed, than I have ever been, and I truely regret letting myself just not care in high school. I would give anything for the chance to go back and tell myself to wake up and look forward.

The best thing about my school is the classes and the professors. I have enjoyed all of my classes and all of my professors will take time out to clarify subjects from class , if necessary. The classes do a very good job at covering the material thoroughly to provide a sufficient and quality learning experience.

I feel that the school is very unorganized. I say this because I find that when I have questions, I more often than not end up getting the run around all over campus before I can get a question answered. That can be quite time consuming and frustrating.

My classmates are very outgoing. We have the same people in all of our education classes. I really enjoy all of my classmates. We go out of our way to help each other when we can.

If I could go back to high school I would tell myself to do better and study more. I was more involved in sports and clubs than I was in academics. I wish I could take it back and take more college prep and college credit classes in high school.

Charles

The difference would have to be size, Vincennes University is no where near as big as Purdue.

You only get one shot to make a difference, no matter the influence of your peers, parents, or teachers, you must always, always do your best.

The things I brag about when mentioning Vincennes University are the small classes, the availablility of professors, the hands on experience, and the general social aspect of the school.

If I could go back and talk to myself about college life and making the transition I would tell myself, to go for it. College is a good thing, no point in waiting. Listen to dad when he tells you to get your studies out of the way, then get married, and have your beautiful son. If you get it out of the way now you'll be graduation in the year 2010 instead of starting up college. You'll be able to get an amazing job, have a great salary to take care of your son, and also be independant and not have to ask your husband for money. So, GO TO COLLEGE GIRL, YOU CAN DO IT!

Tucker

The few things I would tell a former version of myself is for one, focus more on your school work. There is plenty of time for friends and having fun but school is priority. I would also tell myself that in high school, it really doesn't matter what you dress like, who you hang out with or what kind of vehicle you drive. becasue once you hit your college years, none of that matters. Another thing I would tell a former me is that to be prepared to lose contact with almost all of your high school friends. I know, as depressing as it sounds, we all know that unfourtuantly its happened to all of us.

One thing I reallty wish I had known was it really is your grades that count. Second thing is to do as good as all humanly possible in math and english. The better you do in those two subjucts, the higher you will test going into college level courses. Thus saving money and maybe even possibly a few credit hours.

The Most Frustrating thing about Vincennes is probably the Fiancial Aid Office. Anything that goes through them usually has to be pushed through with several phone calls a day for about a week. It also seems to take them several weeks to sned out refunds also.

Sharon

What's unique is this is a small campus, most small campus don't have dorms but we do at Vincennes Unversity. What really makes this unique is we have smaller class at big Unversity its hard being in a big class. Where here we can get to know the professor and ask questions more easy. Then at a big college it's hard to interact with the teacher. For the people who don't have cars they have to carry their books all over a big campus which is a very hard struggle. Here we dont struggle to class.

Going back into time when i was in high school. Well it's not that far since i been out of high school. I can assume to be telling myself. Find a college that is closer to home are even somewhere i can get on the bus or train. I would have told myself first semester you need to stay focus,because when i get there i would want to party like everyone else would. Going back i would gave myself advice that collge is not cheap and when you go from one major to anothe your wasting money and the time being in school. I also would have told myself to stay focused in class and get some sleep because it's hard being in your dorm room.You gone want to stay up with your friends.Another thing is to make sure to do my homework in ahead of time,and not at the last minute.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the dorm bathrooms in the girls halls. The bathrooms are very unclean, the janitors clean up but the girls mess up. When they wash their dishes they leave food in the sink. When it's time for someone else to come wash their dishes they have to clean behind you. Then the girls in the dorm leaves their personal products in the toilet. Shouldn't you flush behind yourself even though we have automatic toilets if you see it don't goes down press the flush button thats very frustrating to me.

I believe that Vincennes University is a very accepting school and it is small.

I believe that Vincennes University is a very accepting school and it is small.

If I could go back to high school and talk to myself I would give myself alot of advice. I would want to say, study and don't slack off. You may be tempted to slack off jsut because it is "high school." If you work harder in high school and do not slack then you will not have to start in a lower level in college, you will be able to advance and graduate college sooner. Take advantage of all the help in high school, high school is not a joke as long as you take it serious. Also, college life is much different than high school. If you live on campus, then, you will get a chance to become more independent. Overall, study hard and do not slack off.

In my opinion, I believe that anyone can attend this college. While I have attended Vincennes University, I have seen many different kinds of people. This school accepts anyone.

Vincennes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.