Vincennes, IN
Vincennes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Vincennes University

Chris

It's an good university filled with lots of changes throughout the years. It has a nice on campus housing and a nice dining center. The gym is great too, with the pool and sauna. Everything on campus isn't that far of a walk. You meet a lot of new people because of how small the classes are.

Jacob

Vincennes is a place where you can explore new paths that will help you make a career choice that you will not regret. I highly recommend the AIM program. It is an extensive program, but you will come out ahead of others that way you don't have a lot of debt.

Leroy

There are some flaws in the school, however, that's every school. I really like attending the school, I'm not an outgoing person, so the nice and quiet environment pleases me. The professors are really nice and very helpful, if you have an issue with anything there are usually classes open to help you.

Meagan

Vincennes University is a great school for you if you're looking for more one on one time with your teacher and low tuition rates, while still feeling academically challenged.

Change is constant, whether we want to deal with it or not, it's always there. Even if we stay in the same place our whole lives, life is still always changing around us. How we experience change is up to us. It can feel like death, Or it could feel like a new beginning, a second chance at life. If we loosen our grips, go with the flow, and enjoy the journey, it can feel like pure addrenaline. It's up to us to decide how we want to take everything in. I've learned that the purpose of life is to be happy, which at times can seem impossible. But It's all about perspective, by choosing how you view the world, you are able to choose how you feel. You can train you're mind to take the good with the bad and still focus on the good. Or you can choose to only focus on the bad. Everybody has struggles, we all lose our way, even the people who seem like they have it all together have their off days, and yet they still keep going. Never give up, it's all up to you.

I have only been attending Vincennes University for one semester so far, but I have yet to be frustrated.

Andrew

Looks can be deciving. Vincennes University look like an awesome small college but it is not. It is very boring, they never have anthing to do and pretty much the only people that go there are the people that did not get accepted to another college. Save your self and apply to other colleges and do not attend there.

Anybody who got accepted to another college.

Nickie

The only thing I feel I could honestly tell myself would be to move on. At the time of graduation I was very heart broken that I may never see any of my beloved friends again, and everyday for the first week I wished I could go back. As time went on I began to ease into the experience, and was suprised at how fundamentally simallar it was to high school. It wasn't until I started taking my classes in philosophy and the professor, Bruce Buchanan opened my mind to the experience. I began to explore the existentialist ideas of Friedrich Nietzsche andd how I could take what I was feeling and make it positive. Through the isolation and emotional suffering I endured, I began to realize that it all came from a lack of motivation. I was never outgoing and high school, so thus I never met many people and never applied myself. Once I realized this, I began joining clubs in areas that intrested me like Earth Sicence, Philosophy, and Psychology. I also began taking extra courses. I am at this time taking two summer courses in the hopes of getting the most out of my education.

Within the past year, there have been cuts made to the humanities department. As a philosopher, I feel that it is important for our students are taught to think freely and education should strive to do just that. With the reccent cutbacks, I feel our school is leaning towards a more business like approach that aims to achieve certification, rather than education.

I feel that all people would be welcomed at Vincennes University. Students who are looking for a more diverse experience may wish to check out some of the other schools first, though. With regards to the staff, I would say that Vincennes has one of the most inviting and very approachable. There has never been one time I didn't feel when I was struggling that I could ask the professor for help.

Andrea

It is the only school I found that has a program that combines a Teaching License in Elementary Education and also in Special Education. You take are going for one degree and can get two Licenses out of it!

The advice I would give myself is, apply for every scholarship out there. There are so many more scholarships geared for seniors in High School than there are for those currently attending college. Look into every source of financial aid you can so you don't have to struggle to pay for college the whole way through.

Someone who will be far away from their home and easily gets homesick. I personally am 5 hours away from my hometown and if I got homesick easily, I would never make it here.

Brandy

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself a nice long chat. I fell behind my senior year more than any other year and basically gave up. Which, I would have to say, is my biggest regret. I would tell myself to keep my head up and do what had to be done. I would tell myself that my choice to fall behind, caused me to be behind when I took my next step to college. I did not have the grades to get certain oppotunities that I gave up. I wish I could go back and tell myself that my grades, homework, and that whole experience was more important than I gave it credit for. I would be sure to take my own advice too, because I wish that I could have been more focused and dedicated to my school work and furture. I am more dedicated now, to succeed, than I have ever been, and I truely regret letting myself just not care in high school. I would give anything for the chance to go back and tell myself to wake up and look forward.

The best thing about my school is the classes and the professors. I have enjoyed all of my classes and all of my professors will take time out to clarify subjects from class , if necessary. The classes do a very good job at covering the material thoroughly to provide a sufficient and quality learning experience.

I feel that the school is very unorganized. I say this because I find that when I have questions, I more often than not end up getting the run around all over campus before I can get a question answered. That can be quite time consuming and frustrating.

My classmates are very outgoing. We have the same people in all of our education classes. I really enjoy all of my classmates. We go out of our way to help each other when we can.

If I could go back to high school I would tell myself to do better and study more. I was more involved in sports and clubs than I was in academics. I wish I could take it back and take more college prep and college credit classes in high school.

Vincennes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.