Raleigh, NC
Wake Technical Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wake Technical Community College

My school is very small but it also has that as its advantage; the teachers are able to focus on the indvidual student while the student can speak with the teacher more easily.

I would tell myself to fill out every scholarship application that I could. Paying for college isn't fun, but I would also tell myself to not rush into a big univeristy if I wasn't ready for it. If I needed to I could apply to a close by community college and start out small to get the feel of college, and when I was ready I could just tranfer to a bigger institution. If I could go back in time, that's what I would have done. Not to mention the amount of money that could be saved each year.

The teachers push their students to do their best, they don't want their money to go to waste.

Martha

Small enough that as a student has one on one attention, but big enough that it meets most needs of everyone attending.

Avoid bills, live at home and save as much money as possible. Don't think you have decided on a major finish the general education classes first then make your decision on what it is that you want to major in. DO NOT RUSH INTO ANYTHING, take your time and please try to focus the majority of your efforts in school. One last thing, don't be in a rush to grow up, there is plenty of time to for life. Enjoy life, and pick up some good habits to release stress!

Everyone that is loooking to transfer out to a 4 yr school or those that are looking for a change of career, and those that maybe returning back to school. Its a great school with many options available.

Keyaira

My community college is different from other schools because it is cheaper, it's within a reasonable distance from my house, the classes are great, and they have services to help struggling students, and most of all I can transfer my credits to any college in the state of North Carolina!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself three key things. First, I would've told myself to keep my grades up. Second, I would've said to apply to UNC or Wake Technical Community College instead of the other ones that I applied to. Lastly and most of all, I'd tell myself to stay in college and no matter how hard it get's, continue to stick with it.

Actually I kind of already knew what to expect, and I really don't think that there's anything that I could have told myself before attending.

Wendy

A community college that is conveinient to my home and highly respected in the community. The graduates there often do better at university when they transfer than those students that begin their education at the university. An associate's degree in the career path that I have chosen is offered there. Classes are small and as an adult learner I will be able to acclimate myself to returning to school easier.

There will be a variety of students at the facilities that I will be attending. All age groups will be attending classes as many people in the Raleigh area have had to changel careers due to unemployment.

Dear Young Me, You will be amazed at what life has in store for you. So many wonderful experiences are to come in your life. You say there is no one to help guide you, to tell you how to find financing for school. You are a smart girl. You need to ask someone before they can tell you the answers to your questions. Your guidance counselor, teachers, or family members can tell you how to get the loans, scholarships and grants. You can be independent from your parents and still get an education. You can have a boyfriend and still attend classes. If you could work and attend high school, you can do the same in college. It is so important get your education, so that you can accomplish all the goals and plans you have. Your life will be dramatically different if you take the time to get your education. A post secondary education will open up so many more possibilities in your young life. The most important thing to remember is YOU can achieve anything you set YOUR mind to do especially with the aid of an education. With love, older wiser me

Nadia

Since the school that I attend is a Community College it is very affordable. Also the school that I attend offers a wide variety of programs.

I would tell myself to find what you really enjoy doing and choose that as your major. I would also tell myself to apply for as many scholorships as you can. I would also mention the importance of maintaining a high GPA.

I brag about the amount of degrees and certificate programs that are available through the college that I attend.

Johnny

College is the best investment a person can make. In college, you're allowed to be flexible and make your own choices. There is no requirements as to when you have to take classes. Jump straight into college after high school, your brain is at its peak and the transition will be much easier. When you're looking for the right program to study, take one that will last your whole life. Don't sign up for something because it seems the easiest. Study something that will make you happy and can withstand the tests of time. Be aware of the impact that economic hard times can have on your choice. Talk to your parents about what you want to study and what they think would be great for you. Your parents know you best and have much more life experience and will be able to help you find something that will both last your life and make you happy.

Wake Tech is a very good school. They have very knowledgable staff and will work with you one on one if you need additional help. The transfer program which I am taking, allows you to be very flexible and take the courses that benefit you the most and will help you get into the university of your choice. Wake Tech offers courses in most fields of work. The school offers tons of technical training which gives you hands on experience. Wake Tech would make a great school for any and all ages, at any professional level.

I wish i had the knowledge and experience I have now from working in a field after graduating from a community college once before. If i had known now what I did then, I would not have studied under that Associates degree. I would have studied for something that weathers well when economic times are hard. I am now studying what I should have studied the first time. I still have 40 plus years of working ahead of me and this new direction I am taking will last all 40. Dont think of the present, instead think of the future.

Hector

Its a community college. I have no idea. I do not plan to be there long.

Study hard, drive SLOW to avoid the tickets, stay away from the the girl Grace Polo-wood, trust your real friends, and focus on the classes when you get to ECU because its a wonderful experience you don't want to lose.

Wake Technical Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.