Sugar Grove, IL
Waubonsee Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Waubonsee Community College

Jamel

I am Jamel L. Brown, Founder of GraceNotes, a nonprofit Organization. My Priority project is Lady sings the Joy. Lady sings the Joy is a summit which meets for 12 months of the year. It is comprised of a group of 12 ladies spending 120 days out of their year receiving and exchanging ethical, moral and productive life experiences. Each member will possess a strategically developed plan that allows them to demonstrate efforts and achievements that are representative of their diligent, consistent and dedicated character. I am here to help you put your plan in motion. The plans that we incorporate will include your educational goals, career goals, financial assistance, budgeting, living expenses, etc. The word community is defined as a body of people living in the same place under the same laws. Your community will consist of a group of ladies who when faced with challenge will conquer as they have commanded. Women from all walks of life have made wise choices under the leadership of their summit, these women now use their prestigious achievements and endowments to assist you in your journey. It will cost you nothing but time. Yet, it will pay-out for a lifetime, welcome.

A majority of the teaching staff understands what it means to be a student while parenting.

Waubonsee is an affordable but reliable education.

Waubonsee is an affordable but reliable education.

If I could go back and talk to myself when I was in highschool I would tell myself to not stress out and don't be ashamed. When I was a highschool senior it was very stressful to think about college. When I had to decide to go to a community college it was shameful to tell my friends, who were going to experience "true" college life at a university. I felt that my education would not be as good at a community college. I was wrong of course. The past 2 years at Waubonsee have been great. The professors are just as qualified as a university professor and the courses are the same here and at a university. Its nice to know that I got a good education for a fraction of the price. I would tell myself as a senior that I am going to be alright and that the school you go to doesn't define you as a person, its just a stepping stone to the rest of your life.

"To move on to bigger and better things" is the goal of most people that attend Waubonsee. Its a great school but it is just an affordable stepping stone to a bigger university. Anyone can attend Waubonsee but the people here have the same goals and that is to better themselves through education.

Cinthya

Looking back to my senior high school year there were a few tips that I wish someone would have shared with me. I now know that keeping a strong and close relationship with my instructors is vital to a great classroom experience and full understanding of the material being presented. I would have told myself to meet and take time out of the classroom with my instuctor to get all of my questions and doubts answered. A lot of one on one time with them has helped me to achieve outsanding grades that I did not always have. After all, the college experience should be great, we should ultimately all be attending the school of our choice. That is why I would have also liked to have shadowed a student within my field of study for a day to get a good feel of how my college experience could be like. I think the best college tip of all though, is to be familliar with our resources. We are offered a great deal of help that is there specifically to meet our needs therefore we should take advantage of them. After all we are paying for them!

The worst thing about my school are the cafeteria prices. They really aren't accessible prices for poor college students during a recession. In all seriousness, most of us are students that are only employed part-time and have other bills to pay, After all of our living expenses, there is not much spending money left in our pockets. Besides our limited resources against us, our schedules are too. Most of us hold jobs and are students at the same time not leaving much time for cooking therefore we must pay the price.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking! There are a lot of students trying to enter and leave their classes at the same time. The worst is during the winter when it is freezing outside and we have the bad luck of parking so far away, the walk seems endless.

Edith

If Icould go back in time to my senior year I would tell myself to plan ahead! Planning and organization is the key to prepare for college. Plan college visits, and take every opportunity out there. Apply to ever school you've dreamt of going. Apply for every single scholarship and prioritize! I was very involved in sports,which can be a good thing, however I wish I hadn't made that my number one priority. I let sports distract me from my schoolwork and in the long run it only hurt me academically. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to work on my time managent, school always comes first, then fun. After all academic responsibilities are in order, I would remind myself to have fun. Senior year is the last chance to make everlasting memories with friends, I wish I could go back in time and not get so caught up on working all the time. I wish I had gone out more and worked less, because like they say, "these are the best days of our lives!"

The worst thing is parking! Although Waubonse Community College is expanding and additional parking has been made available, it still feels almost impossible to find a good parking spot. My advice would be to arrive as early as possible, the earlier you get there the higher the chance of finding a parking spot closer to your building!

The class sizes! Most Universities range from fifty to hundreds of students in a class. My largest class is about thirty five people. Having a small class not only gives you more one on one time with the instructor but it also allows you to form a good student-teacher relationship. Which can only benefit you in the future, whether you need a recommendation letter, or help on assignments!

If I could go back and talk to myself at eighteen it would be a short conversation. I would simply tell myself; "Read and do the homework at the time it is assigned. " "Don't slack off with things that are not as important, if you do the work early, you'll have time to slack off later" "Cramming is a pain and can be prevented" Then I would slap myself up side the head because I know the younger me would think to ignore the advice.

The best thing about Waubonsee Community College is the size. The classes are a managable size, this allows the teachers to be able to focus on students and their learning. A student is less likely to fall through the cracks of education if the ratio fo student to teacher is smaller like W.C.C.

This school is not Division 1 school, so if a student athlete were to attend WCC with the ambition to make the professional level, WCC is not the school for them. In this case the size of the college works against the student. Short of that any student should be thrilled to attend a smaller college.

Tim

Despite it's "college" status, Waubonsee community College has one of the nation's top nursing programs. The college's automotive technology program is also making an increasingly good reputation for itself. In addition, Waubonsee is known for it's very low tuition costs and being very reluctant to call of school due to snow or ice.

The best advice I can give you, Tim, or any other future college student, would be to SAVE MONEY. As you know, in recent years, you have taken for granted a fantastic summer job as a caddy at Rich Harvest Farms, as very private, very exclusive golf club that pays extremely well for your age. You have the chance to make a good deal of money each summer, but instead you "don't feel like caddying", or "you have other plans". In this country, you need money! Unfortunately, the situation is deteriorating rather than improving. So, it is that much more important for you to get out there and work, work, work. Once you make that money, though, you can't just go spending it all in one place! Save what you can, always. Don't eat out every day, multiple times a day, don't push your car's engine so hard that you use a full gas tank in nearly half the time do,n't buy clothes that you don't need, etcetera. Furthermore, give all you can to others, so that they too, can exist as stress free as possible. Live like you are dying, buddy.

Because the college is funded by the state and local governments, they are limited as to the quality of professor they can afford. While I do not mean to suggest that I cannot learn from any but the best, it is simply a concern of mine. What might be related to that complaint, is the recent increases in class capacity caps. Perhaps because of the instability in today's job market, the instructors at Waubonsee may not feel as comfortable with opposing the administration as a university professor might.

Andrea

Waubonsee Community College is known for their great nursing and automotive programs. I personally think that the Criminal Justice and Psychology Departments are also very well run, I enjoy all those teachers and their classes.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself that it was a great decision to work hard and graduate early, even though it took alot of my time. I would have told myself to take more classes at Waubonsee than I did my first semester because I know now that it was not difficult and I could have challenged myself and been able to get my associates degree earlier. I also would have told myself to apply for more scholarships during high school, because I know now how expensive books are for all of my classes.

A person with the money to attend a private four year college.

Jeanette

My school has many opportunities to major in anything you desire, there are only 4 schools in this area that offers Sign Language Interpretation, the teachers here are all or have been interpreters and help in any and every way.

If I had the chance to go back in time, during high school, there would be many things I would want to say to myself. Including being better at school so that I can go to a prestigious 4 year college and tell myself what I truly want to do in life, what I should major in instead of changing my mind a few times. Yet, I would not tell myself anything. The reason, is what some people call the ?butterfly effect?. If I followed my advice, I would not be living the life I am right now. Granted I went to a community college majoring in business and then later decided to major in sign language interpretation. If I did go to a 4 year college, I would have never met my friend at Elgin Community College who then introduced me to my now husband. I would never have met him, lived in Germany since he was in the Army and was able to travel the world. Who knows what my life would be if I told myself this advice, but I am very happy with my life and wouldn?t want it any other way.

When I saw a counselor at the college before I attended any classes, he did not refer me to the correct counselor who helps the students planning to join the ITP program (Interpretation Training Program). Because of this, I was ?lost? in my first semester.

vincent

i would tell myself to get it together amd go back to school stay focused and get a career.not only do you need it to mak eyou life better but your daughter needs it so you can make a good life for her

Leah

I would have pushed myself harder during highschool to keep my GPA over a 3.5. Alot of scholarships out there today, are looking for people with a high GPA. I also would have pushed my self a little harder on the ACT. I got a 20, and alot of schools were shooting for 21 and up. The last thing i would do differnt is took college more serious when i was in high school. When i was in high school i listened to my parents say we cant afford a university, go to a community college. I feel like i just settled for a community college, when that wasent really what i wanted. Now that i'm a little older, i see you cant always listen to people. If you want something in life you have to go after it yourself. I'm striving to win scholarships to pay for my tuition next year at Illinois State University.

I wish i would have known how small the school really is. They have recently built on to it, but it still seems small.

The most frustrating thing about Waubonsee Community College is the fact of how small it is. Due to the schools small size, brings a small amount of students. I find it hard to get to meet people. Every one there seems to be there just for school and leave once the day is over.

Waubonsee Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.